More Great Economic News

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by sandy, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its called fiat money

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_currency#The_importance_of_fiat_money_as_a_concept

http://www.kwaves.com/fiat.htm

One more thing, I just thought of:

Companies use the latest exchange rates to balance their finance sheets, so any companies in the US with overseas holdings would "appreciate" with a fall in the dollar. Perhaps Billy T could correct this if it is wrong?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Here is a good indicator of manipulation

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/US_Federal_Reserve_ceases_to_publish_M3_index

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And why shouldn't they do that? Shouldn't Americans protect Americans in the same way as Indians protect Indians?

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't understand the question, Sam. But coming from you, with your constant pokes with the sharpened stick, I'm not surprised that I don't understand .....other than being poked at by your sharpened stick.

Baron Max

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You said they are doing it to protect you; I fail to see how being at the bottom of the barrel translates to protection, especially when they hide information to keep the Americans hoodwinked about the real state of affairs.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Bottom of the barrel?? ....LOL!

Sam, I retired at 55, and have enough money to last for the rest of my life without any worries. And ya' know what, it seems that not only am I not alone, but thousands of Americans are doing the same thing every year. Can you say the same for Indians?

Baron Max

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Your money is only enough if it retains the same purchasing power.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Most Americans don't have an extra $160,000 to invest.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Which is exactly, precisely, why I want my government to protect me in such a way ....even if it fucks up all of the rest of the people on Earth, especially Indians!!

Baron Max

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then they should work harder and save their money ....and quit complaining so damned much on the sciforums or other such bullshit sites!

Baron Max

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How does not publishing the monetary aggregate protect you?

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What? You don't like hearing the truth about america?

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Blind faith.

And also, cheaper dollar might mean more foreigners investing in the market to get a quick profit out of it.... For instance, now that the canadian and us dollars are basically equivalent, it becomes more affordable for canadians to trade in us markets...

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

He's probably collecting from a defined benefit pension plan, in which case a crash in the stock market would render his money worthless. In which case, the "protection" lies on the market's inability to measure the worthlessness of the dollar. So, yes, he is protected... for the moment.... but his children (if he has any, or cares) will not be protected. This blind faitj in the dollar can only go for so long....

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It keeps people ignorant of happenings that might make them do something stupid, which might affect the stock market, which would affect me directly!

Too much info, or read the wrong way can have dire effects on many things ...even if the thing is proven true later. I.e., jumping to conclusions is why the market bounces around so much ....idiots being scared of some idiotic news story that's probably not true in the first place.

Baron Max

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yeaaaaah.... "not.... true......"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Just watch the stock market relative to the news reports, TS, you'll see how it goes up and down with the sensationalist bullshit that the media puts out ....which is mostly anchornews hype and bullshit.

Then watch how the market rebounds when some of that bullshit news doesn't pan out in the following days. All hype, all sensationalist bullsht, ....and people believe it!

Baron Max

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Lots of Americans feel safer, better, stronger, when they don't know what's going on.

Tha't why they feel threatened by accurate information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.