New forums

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Porfiry, May 17, 2004.

1. maxzuk Registered Senior Member

Porfiry,

I’d like to see a "How To" forum under the Technology banner.

You kind have something like that with the Computer Science & Culture forum but it’s limited to Computer related questions.

What I envision is a forum where a question needing any kind of technological help can be posted.

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I think that there should be less forums.

World Events, Economics and Politics can be integrated because the topics are directly linked and flow into eachother

SciFi and Art & Culture can be integrated because both involve TV shows and movies, and the New Integrated forums can have both the "Artsy" and "Sci" feel at the same time.

Computer Science and Intelligence & Machines forums can be integrated because of the similarities in topics and cross-overs.

General Philosophy and Eastern Philosophy can be integrated because both are... Philosophy and all different types of ohilosophy can be discussed in the same forum.

Pseudoscience and Parapsychology can be integrated, but the title may need to indicate the integration.

Human Science and Biology & Genetics can be merged, since both argue and discuss the same things.

Maybe some forums can be integrated and others can be created to make everything work efficiently. I also agree with putting the Science forums first on the list.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Why not give Chemistry its own forum.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I was for this idea some time ago. But Sci has a different feel. I say create an Anime section (Anime is allowed in scifi, and there's a sticky of an anime thread there). Move SciFi, Arts & Culture, and Anime into a Sub category of its own.

Damn, I should start a thread.

8. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I just think that the subforums that get little posting have larger forums that can accomadate the topics. Maybe SciFi and Art & Culture can be integrated and an anime forum can be created. Like I said in my earlier post, some forums can be merged and others can be created.

9. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

It occured to me; perhaps a TV section seperate form "Art and Culture"?

10. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

If there was a movie forum, TV forum, Music FOrum, Literatur forum etc, then there would be too many smaller forums. I would prefer there being larger forums than encompass a broad topic.

11. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

come on, can you really see star trek nerds and bethoven freaks sharing the same forum???

i think a 'propoganda' section would work quite nicely, call it something nicer maybe, but then we could clear the crap out of religion, history, world events etc and put it all in one place (not the cesspool) where it can be read by those wanting to find out others opinions on stuff and ignored by the rest of ppl

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Health and Fitness forum, Sociology forum, Sexuality forum, Human Rights forum, Rebels forum.

13. water the sea Registered Senior Member

A while back I suggested a communication forum ... language stuff, rhetoric, formal logics ... you can see what the poll said ...

14. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

No; but make a distinction between Art & Culture... and TV.

Religion is a part of cuture, but it isn't mixed in which Micheal Moore and Punk Bands. TV & Movies could be separate from Art & Culture, just to keep it more "pure"...

15. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

Chemistry forum would be good.

16. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

Should there perhaps be a mulit-choice poll on which forums to create?

Just to give some idea of who would use them.. if it'd be popular, or just left to rot... that kind of thing.

17. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Maybe a sex forum would be a good idea, seriously.

18. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

No.

19. fireguy_31 mors ante servitium Registered Senior Member

Sex Forum? Sure, why not.....no wait, that's a bad idea.

I do have a suggestion: Why not a TEK forum? Yeah, I like that idea.

Albeit some may find that type of forum a little too granola or hemp for them but hey, the slide-rule and bunson burner boys/girls - in the present science forums - are a little extreme at times too.

Just a thought.

20. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I have heard of forums that have a "lounge" where people over a certain amount of posts/people with good karma can hang out.

21. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

What about a forum headed: Does anyone know anything about...? Then the thread starter could finish the sentence in one or two words with whatever they want to know about.

Cheers
    Teri

22. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but few fanatics will admit their propaganda is propaganda.

23. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

yeah, but we appoint a mod for the propoganda section, who has the right to move any thread from any section into the propoganda section