New Species

Discussion in 'World Events' started by truestory, Dec 12, 1999.

1. truestory Registered Senior Member

We had to call an exterminator because of a "bug" which had been seen in the basement of our home a couple of times in one week... It's a new species, thus far, never been seen before. The body looks like a snail's shell, it has two front spider-looking legs, two rear cricket-looking legs, a long snoot-face, and two antennas a couple of inches long. It jumps at your face, as if it is trying to attack you, if you get too close.

When stretched out, it's about 4.5 inches long from the tip of it's antennas to the tip of its rear legs. It sure is gross!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Letticia Registered Senior Member

Can you post a photograph? Or even better, many science stores now carry a $99 microscope with a built-in digital camera. It attaches to your PC and sends the image straight to the screen. You may want to put this "bug" under it. Your description sounds like a very weird kind of cockroach, but then you must have missed a pair of legs. If it really has only four legs, it is VERY strange.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Post a photo...PLEASE!

I have encountered bugs before that I had never seen. One turned out to be my first encounter with a Jerusalem cricket (which my biology teacher identified) and the other was a carpenter bee whose hive had just come out of hibernation...inside of my house, specifically my bedroom! That one had to be shipped off to Phoenix to be identified because we lived in a small town and the local exterminator had never seen them before. I would very much like to see this little creep that has invaded your domicile.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

Hello Letticia and Oxygen,

I will try to get a picture up here in the next few days.

The "four" legs is one of the things that's got everyone scratching their heads about.

PS: My husband says these buggers remind him of the "Imperial Walkers"? in Star Wars.

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited December 14, 1999).]

8. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Never to be heard of again,.....

9. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Truestory died, bfore she could post the photo.