No God???

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by CHRISCUNNINGHAM, Mar 24, 2003.

1. CHRISCUNNINGHAM The Ethereal Paradigm Registered Senior Member

For anyone and everyone who doesn't believe in God; what are your BEST refutations against His existence????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shadowpuppet Registered Senior Member

Personally, i belive in God, but dont you think this is kinda a dumb question?
    there is nothing that proves god to exist or not exist.
    Name one thing the PROVES that he exists

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Q25 Registered Senior Member

the way theists describe Him is contradictory;
    god=all knowing,all mighty,all good,he is everywhere and controls everything,and is also invisible

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and since He created man in His image, why isnt man invisible?
    heres a nice site you may want to check;
    www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

It's not I don't think God exists, but that there isn't any evidence he does except stories. I have the same amount of proof that the universe isn't carried on a the back of a turtle like God. I have no reason to believe either, because I think they are both just stories.

8. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Excuse me, but to which God(s) were you referring?

9. fireguy_31 mors ante servitium Registered Senior Member

I don't believe.

10. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

It's not so much that there needs to be evidence against the existence of God, the fact that there isn't any substantial evidence supporting the idea of a God. Remember, everything is nonexistent until proven otherwise, in this case, there isn't any proof for a God, and that in itself is quite enough not to believe in him. The same would be true of unicorns and leprechauns.

11. riverline Registered Senior Member

Mystech

This is not a logical statement. Logically, You can not prove that GOD DOES NOT exist. There is no evidence that he does not exist.

GOD is a theory which each person has his own way of beliving in.

Those who believe in GOD are

1. Some who believe in GOD by their heart just to conpensate for their lack of security in life, and hence dont care about evidence.

2. Some people tend to impose their logic on true logic and claim to have a proof to his existence.

3. and others see that the probability of his existence is more than the probability of his nonexistence.

I think I belong to the third category.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

people like you...

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Care to explain how you came to this conclusion?
    What is the logic behind this assertion?

14. riverline Registered Senior Member

Ok,

I would always gor for the more probable option. We either have been created naturally or Not. I would not personally go for nature when I look to the details of the organs of our bodies and look to the intelligent distribution of their functionalities. Who choosed the heart to be in the center of the chest and tilted to the left side? Our bodies are complex and have to have been made by an outside intelligent hand. This intelligent hand is what I define to be GOD.

15. pfcgrogan Registered Member

I believe in god but I choose to follow satan.

16. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

I guess christians and satanists both believe LIES

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

why is it intelligent for the heart to be tilted left...and why do you suffer from hemmorhoids!!! The last one is because you were designed to be standing on four legs, but then decided to become bipedal without adjusting your bloodvessels in your butt...

there is your proof of the non-existence of god...the bad design of your butt...

can you refute that?

18. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Logically, You can not prove that GOD DOES NOT exist. There is no evidence that he does not exist."

I cannot prove Santa Claus does not exist either. However it is still not a logical belief to believe in santa. Do you know why? Because the burden of proof is on those trying to prove Santa exists, not that he doesnt.
    Same with god(s). It's an important aspect of logic, burden of proof - go check the 'fallacies' thread in the Philosophy section (http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15267) if you don't believe me.

It's one of the most basic aspects of debate, and I strongly urge you to understand it before claiming something is logical or not logical.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

there is evidence for the existence of santa claus...however, he was named St nicolas and was a bishop in Turkey...

20. heflores Banned Banned

Actually you can proof that santa does not exist. First you have to know what Santa does and catch him in the act. Santa comes down chimneys and deliver gifts, so you can set up cameras in people's chimney's on Christmas Eve to proof he does not exist.

The claim that god is the creator of everything can not be disputed unless you could attribute creation to another. If you can find something outthere other than god that you would give it the credit of all creation, then you've shown that god does not exist.....Good luck.....God exist, but understanding the concept of god for humans or seeing god is like a microscopic germ living in a tooth trying to see the universe from inside the tooth.

21. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I think the most stable conclusion came from Mystech, although i also liked the one about badly designed backsides

Just because something is written about it hardly makes it fact. Unicorns, fire breathing dragons, alien visitors from mars etc... All have been written about for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Look at the Sumerian Gods. They were mortal space travellers.. That was their religion, just like any other it cannot be proven or disproven.

Of course how quickly will a highly religious christian refute any chances of the sumerians being right? How quickly do people refute the existence of alien beings, or many of the other unexplained phenomenon in this world? How many of you deny the existence of creatures such as bigfoot, loch ness monster, (and his cousins), mothmen, banshees, face on mars etc etc.

So to the topic maker: Tell me why you refute something, which will in turn give you the answer you seek.

The way we then proceed is to research and attempt to find answers and facts. Sitting down saying: "God does exist for fact and you non believers shall be judged" is highly ignorant and self righteous- not to mention self deluding.

So you must understand it from a non believers point of view. There is nothing to prove existence.. Non believers do not just accept things on mere 'faith'- which is what religion is all about. It seems many people forget what the word 'faith' actually means.

With all the video evidence, photographic evidence, eyewitness testimony etc you'd think most people would believe without doubt in the existence of extra terrestrials, bigfoot and so on,.. Religion has nothing other than a badly translated book written by people we'll never see or know. As such it has so much less evidence to support it. So much of it is pure conjecture and speculation anyway.

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with belief, it's making the assumption you're right above all others which causes the problem.

As for a higher being.... I do believe we were created by aliens. I have many reasons to believe but will never claim it to be absolute undeniable fact no matter what a 2000+ year old book or anything else suggests. I've always pondered why we have fingerprints. To me it's like a farmer painting numbers on his cows. We're all readily identifiable and for that i suppose there might be a reason. We must search but never be self righteous enough to call all others wrong over our own belief.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

truly antropomorphic reasoning...our ears are probably also unique, as are our faces. The 'aliens' could use them too for identification purposes. Just because we use fingerprints for identification you attach significance to it.

we have fingerprints because they provide grip if I am not mistaken

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I didnt attach significance to anything.... i merely stated i always pondered why they would be as they are.

The suggestion is that they provide grip but then why would they be different on every single person on the planet?

Faces are different simply so we can tell one person apart from another. I used to date identical twins and got myself into big trouble cause i didn't know the difference. Now you understand why we have different faces? Imagine if we all looked the same..... We'd have to sniff each others butts to tell who's who.

As you can see the difference in our faces etc are for identification purposes.... i just always pondered if our fingerprints were aswell- i dont mean identification for the police, i mean identification for someone else.