Non-Sense of Macro Evolutionary Faith

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Sep 26, 2020.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Great observation, thank you!!!

Yes, your excellent point would be more consistent with the dinosaur drawing being made more recently than 5,000 years.

Which, if the image is genuine, also means that the dinosaur was seen much more recently than 5,000 years ago as well. Just common sense.

Vance did indeed mention a possible date of 5000 years in his first earlier video. That ballpark date has been corrected since that time, after more testing was able to be done.

According to a more recent interview with Vance Nelson...

Plasma Oxidation Dating / with Carbon 14 Analysis dated the Image to between 1900 BC and 1200 BC.

You can critique the following interview, for yourself, if you wish to...

...and decide for yourself!

For your further consideration...

Please Note: The dinosaur image is located under a somewhat substantial rock overhang, shown in the video, which would likely protect it from the direct exposure to sunlight.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  8. billvon Valued Senior Member

They all came from a video made by creationist Vance Nelson. No analysis of how old the pictographs are; they could have been two years old, twenty years old, 200 years old or 2000 years old. No analysis of what they used as pigment. No analysis of nearby ruins to get a rough date.

Sorry, it's a non-story. It's like finding a picture that a child doodled on the back of an 1890's era poster in an old waste dump and claiming "See? There were DINOSAURS in 1890!"

9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks for sharing your view!

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

We don't even know if they've been verified as bona fide ancient drawings. Where is the provenance for this find? (i.e. prove it's accepted as bona fide ancient drawing)

Even if we were to grant them as bona fide, the animal in that depiction looks no more like a dinosaur (as opposed to any other quadraped with a tail) as those stick figures look like humans. Why trust it?

Why do you trust only the animal's depiction? If you assert that the scene is accurate, you should also be asserting that ancient humans had sticks for a torso and sticks for limbs.

But you do not. You pick and choose where and to what you grant a great degree of license for inaccuracy.

Science does not work on evidence in a vacuum. It requires a preponderance of evidence to sway the conclusion. It would require dinosaur bones found in deposits that were less than 5000 years old, it would require dozens of other corroborating bits of info.

And the preponderance of extant evidence we have is overwhelmingly in favour of dinosaars having died out long before modern man came along.

It is infinitely more probable that the millions of bits of evidence are right about dinosaur extinction, and that this is not a depiction of a dinosaur - than that all our evidence is wrong, and this crude depiction - along with stick men - is somehow reliable evidence of a dinosaur out-of-time.

By your logic, "the Face on Mars" is sufficient evidence to conclude that Martians built a colossal structure. Like your animal depiction, tFoM only superficially looks like a face - and it falls apart at the slightest analysis (such as checking any other picture of the same terrain). The preponderance of evidence in which it is analyzed overwhelmingly says it's just a hill.

Science is hard.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

They're fake. Grow up.

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The thing to remember is no matter what Seti comes up with ... overthrow of evolution, rejection of explanations re start of life from chemicals, even evidence that dinosaur still exist and can be found on a remote island, ...nothing he puts forward offers any evidence that gods are anything more than a mere human invention ...one claim that will always stand and can not be set aside by examining the history of where the god of the bible came from together with the various myths seti would claim are the words of his mythical god. God is an invention and history provides undeniable proof.

Moreover if he is unaware of his blatant dishonesty and total ignorance of rather basic knowledge I ask is he really worth investing any time at all in any attempt to educate. He is here to troll and generate site traffic I suspect and perhaps uses various handles to minimise the boring repetative nonsense he is unable to support with evidence or reason.
    Like all theists they fail to evidence their claim as to a god and rattle on with irrelevant nonsense trying to sideline science as if to do so gives support to their unsupported claims...but the fact remains no evidence of god and no evidence of miracles ...he has nothing if he cares to offer only truth...for a start his world is built on a lie that there is a god and so it can be expected any repairs to his story can only use lies...he is not worth the time of day other than to demonstrate that religion is the fertile ground for delusion to grow.
    It is a pity that he could not assemble the same level of critism as he offers for matters of science, toward the glareing mistakes on every page of his only book.
    He is ignorant of history and devoid of any ability to educate himself past the level of ancient superstition.
    If he has evidence of a god that would be a first for a theist.
    And of interest ..these christians who love others seem to be responsible for more killings than any other group in history...
    I hope you are well.
    Alex

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

ise
    Sorry, I find no reputable science paper that analyzes or even depicts these drawings.

If they actually existed there would at least be articles analyzing them - even if the conclusion was negative.

We must assume they are fake until it is demonstrated otherwise.

14. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Oh no, look out everyone!
    Seti might give you a hug!!
    Run for your very lives!!!

And now I am a murderer?!

You just verified the claims I made earlier.

Thank You!
    Alex

You Rock!!!

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And there's so much more that you verify about yourself, not the least being a dishonest hypocrite.

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Simultaneously you murder both truth and your credibility.
    Do you really believe all your railing against science in any small way proves that there is a god?
    You are again mistaken I expect.... even your claims about claims go without support.
    Perhaps you can explain what you mean? Are you trying to mock me that due to my poor legs that I can no longer dance?..why the need to be so cruel?
    Is this your frustration getting the better of you now that you must realise that you have been entirely wrong about your belief that there is a god and that science provides better answers than the nonsense you roll out here with tiresome frequency.

What about all the questions that I have asked you to answer that you ignore? You know they leaves you clearly not having all the answers ... you should read more and learn something..I suggest start with motor proteins and history prior to Genesis as set out in Summarian history.

But what I would like to know is how does discrediting science prove there is a god...would it not be best for you to forget the useless nit picking and just come out and show us proof that God is not just a human invention...read up on the Sumerians and you will realise they invented god..he was actually one of three..but that's enough I don't wish to spoil the ending...and when you find out the truth please get back to me and tell me how silly and betrayed you feel...also motor proteins prove there can be no god..just read about them.
    Alex

17. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Being a hypocrite is mandatory when you preach love and ignore the deaths entirely due to christianity.
    The whole deal is based on a lie so dishonesty is also mandatory. He is a troll and I bet he does not even believe the stuff he puts here...like Jan just a stirrer
    I hope you are well.
    Alex

paddoboy likes this.
  18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I have never killed anyone!

And the deaths caused by the Corruption of Christianity were wicked!

I don’t want them ignored!
    They must be remembered and never repeated!

Separation of Church and State is extremely important to me, and the Church must never be allowed again to have control of a State’s Military...and on and on.

That however was not the topic of this thread.

I do preach love, Alex.
    I am not about to apologize for doing so.

And Yes, I am a hypocrite, when I fail to love others. Guilty as charged!!! I am far from perfect!!!

Alex,

Why are you so upset, and why are you attempting to boss everyone else around in this thread, and tell them all what to think, and what not to think?

Just wondering?

And No!

In no way would I ever think of, or ever consider making fun of your legs. (That accusation was completely uncalled for!)

Thanks for dropping into the thread. I was wondering where you were and assumed you were busy with your studies of the night sky.

See what happens when you go away for a bit?

Don’t worry, nobody has defected on you.

Best Wishes!

Have a good night Alex!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks!

Your Claim is that...
    1. “motor proteins prove there can be no god”

Please prove your Claim using Empirical Science.

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Can you prove that?
    You need not state the obvious.
    You dont know?
    You do not answer my questions.
    Is that not reason enough to get upset.

Making an unfounded allegation which is baseless requires no answer from me but let me ask you if you have ever been arrested for assaulting atheists.

So you deny that you were making fun of me and yet you refuse to address any of the serious issues I raise as if my view is unimportant...that is not love.
    Why would you say "you rock" ...what is that supposed to mean when anyone knows that I cant dance these days...and further it is a sad loss as I did enjoy my rock and roll ... I won dance competitions and so it is a huge loss one that I do not need to be reminded of.
    How can I knowing there are folk like you running about making up nonsense and in denial about the serious problems Christianity refuses to address. I lay awake worrying what would happen if folk like you determined what should be taught in school..clearly you would cut science classes and teach creationist nonsense and that the crusades were noble ventures where no murders took place ...you do know they murdered christians as well as those terrible Muslims...what a club to belong to...you are all talk and fail to address the realities choosing instead to indulge make believe in order to have something to manage your fear of death and make out that you are in big with the alledged creator of the universe such that he grants your family miracles..what a name dropper you are.
    Why should I when you can watch countless youtube videos that explains it nicely...its all there you are just too lazy to look.
    You have never answered my question ...have you ever read the bible cover to cover?
    Well read it and appreciate it for what it is ....
    Another question... say evolution is thrown out tomorrow or dinosaurs are shown to exist alongside humans ..how does either show there is a god..do you see your attacks are irrelevant and exist only because of a call from that dishonest organisation ... whats their name? the one that openly says their objective is to belittle science ???? Terrible folk..dishonest..creationists..liars...you know you named them earlier...you do fall in with terrible people..you see that dont you?

So are you going to upset me more by ignoring my questions or man up and provide honest answers.
    Alex

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  21. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I will man up, and ignore your questions because you are abusing me, without cause at the moment.

And I also know you are smarter and better than that.

Looking forward to seeing the proof for your Claim.

This is a Science Forum, people usually request evidence or proof for Scientific Claims.

Thanks, I am really glad you are here Alex.

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

OK, then how about mine? Posts 207 and 210 have not been addressed.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Hi Alex, welcome back.