Nothing from Something?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by John J. Bannan, Jul 10, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

can you add nothing to nothing? If you got nothing to add, than you cannot add anything. So no, you cannot.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

0+0 must give something, or we would not be here. That's now, finally, all i have to say about this.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CptBork Valued Senior Member

If these theories and interpretations you mention violate the basic mathematical axioms of complex numbers, then they're wrong.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

I am kind of shocked that you ignore the "+" sign in that equation.

8. draqon Banned Banned

if we are talking about ourselves, think of a cycle...a cycle creates a cycle, and that is how we are here.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

I expected higher from you. Do you not believe that there is something now, but will rebirth as a single value of zero?

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It is different. You say that something is really nothing, while I say that something is all there is; there is no nothing.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

This is just a semantics game. Ignore the -ness and you're essentially saying nothing = something. If that were true, then it could be said that you are nothing. Or that when you eat something, you're eating nothing. Or that when you say something, you're saying nothing. Does that make any sense to you?

13. Reiku Banned Banned

I haven't ignored anything. I am simply contributing to the known notion that a vector is not one way. That takes the entire universe as an oscillatory system.

14. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Dancing around the question again, I see. Well, what does the "+" in 0+0=0 mean, Mr. Math.

15. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Yes you can, and like I said, 0+0 is the act of not adding anything to nothingness. It's a mathematical definition, that doesn't mean zero represents an attribute.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If 0 + 0 = 0, why take two 0's and add them ? You only get less. You started out with two 0's and end up with only one.. lol

17. draqon Banned Banned

Can you get Reiku from Reiku? If you add Reiku + Reiku you get zero...because both Reiku's annihilate each other in the pseudoscientific battles of nonsense.

18. CptBork Valued Senior Member

But you can go from being a zero to being a hero, if you use your noggin for a change

19. draqon Banned Banned

If you take a 0 and you eat it...just take it and eat it...then you are a programmer, because how else were you able to convert a digital sign on the screen I just typed into food?

20. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

No, I'm not. I'm using a mathematical equation, 0+0=0, as an analogy for demonstrating how there can be multiple nothingnesses in reality.

21. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

How many times have I corrected you on this? And yet you NEVER learn.

Either you're retarded or a troll. Or both.
    \((a-ib)(a+ib) = a^{2}+b^{2}\). b<0 and b>0 both give \(b^{2}>0\).

Tell me, what is \((-1)^{2}\)?
    I recommend you reread maths books commonly given to 12 year olds. -1 x -1 = +1. Understand?
    It's an abelian binary operation which is, on the integers, defined by the successor function. Do you know what the Peano axioms are?

I guess from your attempt at insulting me by calling me 'Mr Math' you don't understand it. Tell me, what maths do you actually know?

22. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

I wasn't hysterical, I was only try to bait you into answering. By the way, you only seem to have come out to play once some others have taken the field for you.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What if you add up ALL the zero's in existence (lol), what would you get ?