Nukes flown over the US.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by desi, Sep 5, 2007.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I agree with Buffalo, I don't see a problem with them flying nukes and moving them around as long as they do it with due dilligence. What bothers me about this inicident is that they lost track of the weapons.

There was a time when the Air Force or Army drop a nuke on the United States. It did not detonate, but is still missing and there for someone to find and take. The Air Force not too long ago lost an A10 Warthog somewhere in Colorado with two live 500 pound bombs. He vanished without a trace. Now that kind of scares me. I hope he is not part of an evil plot.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...6A25757C0A961958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

what bothers me is not that the nukes were flown over US or that US lost track of the nukes...but that this story escaped to the media.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

dragon, i am going to start thinking that your name is Chenney

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

if you are going along those lines, my name is Putin

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I don't care what anyone says about you dragon, you are good!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The story of how the nukes got loaded unto the planes from their secure warehouse, which normally requires some fairly formal and rigid procedures, seems implausible off hand.

The base they were being flown to is a major staging base for flights to Turkey and Iraq and similar places.

The missiles got lost around a time of much preparation and more rumoring about a bombing of Iran - some people in the Air Force apparently were pushing hard for a raid.

The Air Force has been developing what looks from the outside to be a cult religious aspect in and around Colorado - fundie Christianity, often based in one or two Colorado churches, is very important in its command hierarchy. War in the Middle East is not something they necessarily view as bad.

The missiles were noticed and turned in sort of by accident - by which I mean that their discovery required initiative by one or two guys that shouldn't really have been involved - it was maybe luck.

IIRC least one, and seems like a couple, of the people closely involved with the Minot end of things were killed in car crashes soon after the investigation of the incident began.

It sure is easy to put together stuff that looks ominous around this event.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes Around

Yes, but this is the United States of America, after all. It's getting harder and harder to conspire successfully. I mean, hell, they couldn't even sacrifice one of their own in Afghanistan for PR purposes without botching it up.

• • •​

Capt. Craig Buttons allegedly killed himself. The four 500-lb. bombs were most likely dumped in the mountains before the crash.

• • •​

Now this I hadn't heard anything about: A conspiracy theory that one of the Minot-Barksdale nukes went missing. Which is based on an October, 2007 article by Michael Salla.

I can't figure it out enough to summarize. Have fun, or something.

Notes:

Brooke, James. "Airman's Flight to His Death Is Laid to Mental Anguish". New York Times. December 25, 1998. See http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9D02E3DD1F3CF936A15751C1A96E958260