Obviously FUNNY contradictions of the Bible

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Flash, Jan 1, 2000.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Did I miss something here? Would you mind telling me where it is said that God murdered someone???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

------------------
    "Go Jesus, go! Go Jesus, go!"

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flash Registered Senior Member

Lori,
    Look under Bible Atrocities thread..you'll find plenty of examples..not to mention some other crazy stuff.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori Registered Senior Member

Man Flash, you're burnin' this board up today. There are flames shooting everywhere!

------------------
    "Go Jesus, go! Go Jesus, go!"

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

Just how the heck am I suppose to take that?????

8. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

This mortal life IS only temporary, for ALL of us, saved or not saved. This body, as we know it, must die so that we can move into life everlasting. However, as discussed previously, only God decides WHEN that is going to happen.

With respect to the Old Testament, in an effort to illustrate God's plan for salvation vs condemnation, some of the authors of the Old Testament used allegories such as: describing the death of a good person as "God taking the good person up into heaven" vs describing the death of a wicked person as God "killing" the wicked person as "punishment".

Allegorically speaking, at the time, could God's "killing" of a good person's mortal body have been considered "punishment"... No! Why? Because a good person went on into an eternity of spiritual reward, with God.

Allegorically speaking, at the time, could God's "killing" of a wicked person's mortal body have been considered "punishment?" Yes! Why? Because a wicked person went on into an eternity of spiritual depravation, without God.

The divine message of the Great Flood was an early attempt to introduce mankind to God's plan for salvation... The lesson was that the wicked are indeed, "punished." Acccording to the story of the Great Flood, ALL of mankind (excepting Noah's group) were depraved and wicked and God decided, in God's infinite wisdom, that it was time for all of them to move on from this world.

If they were wicked, which we are told that they were, then their death was viewed as the beginning of their eternal spiritual "punishment."

Had they been saved, however, then their death would have been viewed as the beginning of their eternal spiritual reward.

So, in answer to your question:

The difference I see is the difference between the eternal spirit of those who are dying.

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

I saw your new thread. More music for Satan's happy dance...

Did you bother to study the meaning of any of those excerpts, particularly those which are attributed to the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Or, are you ignorantly doing the work of the anti-Christ?

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Allegories????????????? *trying not to laugh* Ok, and how do you know this?
    Is this right? What about the INNOCENT CHILDREN AND BABIES?????????? How can you possibly justify that one, TS. I am sorry if I appear angry...I'm not angry at you..I am angry at the fact that "GOD" can get by with murder and people still follow and praise him.

11. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    If I had posted something that glorified God..then would you ask me that same question? Think about that, please.

Regarding the work of the anti-christ...
    well ya caught me didn't ya? Yep, you
    unmasked Flash... You found me out, TS.
    I am busted, busted, busted.
    TS, please?????? would you please stop saying such things? I know you do not agree with me..just as I do not agree with you..but it doesn't make me evil.. why do I have a feeling you are not even listening to me?

12. truestory Registered Senior Member

I am listening and I hear your spirit, Flash.

The spirit within you is against God and against Jesus Christ.

The spirit which guides you is the anti-Christ.

In the words of Jesus Christ, John 8:42-47:

"If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot bear to hear my word. You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth you do not believe me. Can any of you charge me with sin? If I am telling the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears the word of God; for this reason you do not listen, because you do not belong to God."

13. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Children and babies die sometimes. I agree, that is a tough and sad fact of life to accept.

Is your spirit telling you that this means that either there is no God or, that this means that God is evil?

14. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Would my answer somehow mean anything to you?

Well, TS.. I hate to hear when a child or a baby dies...it shakes me...BUT, what really gets me is when they are KILLED. Something which you and Lori seem to have either overlooked or ignore.

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

I have not been ignoring you, Flash. What I have said is... Mortal death is mortal death, no matter how it happens.

I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it does you because I know that the pure spirit of a child goes to a better place.

16. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Do you think I do not believe in an afterlife? Well, I do.
    I just find if odd that Lori or you do not find if odd where the bible talks about killing children or babies... That is a hard one to swallow.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. truestory Registered Senior Member

Well, swallow this:

Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, perfected the word of the Old Testament. Jesus Christ/God does not murder nor advocate the killing of anyone, including children and babies, Flash.

Yes, children and babies die a mortal death Flash and then the innocent children go on to a better life. If your spirit wants to continue throwing its anti-Christ temper tantrum about it and you want to allow yourself into being duped into spending your time focusing on trying to make God/Jesus Christ out to be a baby murderer, then that's your problem.

Deal with it.

18. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,

So what you are saying is that you are totally overlooking the story in the bible
    which talks about the flood???????????? Do you not think children and babies were killed as a result of that?????? Come on..I
    know you are not that ignorant!! Do you not
    think God KNEW that they (children/babies) would be killed as a result of this flood??????? Again, if you think so..then
    your God MUST be ignorant!!!!!!!
    THROWING TEMPER TANTRUMS?????? TS, what if one of those children were your very own children?????????????? Would they deserve to die by the very ACT which God commanded?????? If this doesn't touch your heart, TS..then NOTHING will!!!!! I happen to care about ALL life!!! Something which you will defend in the name of your God until you die! That is just plain heartless!!!!! You will not allow yourself to think on these lines BECAUSE it would then DESTROY all thoughts you had of your God...you know...the one that is all merciful?????? Please!!!!

I think that I AM dealing with it ..where you are IGNORING IT!!!!!!