OJ found guilty, again!

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Syzygys, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually the judge can give him house arrest if he wanted to. I doubt if OJ will get much of a sentence with this mainly because it is a very weak case against him. Because OJ was there but he himself didn't have a gun, makes this a substantially weaker case against him so perhaps he might get very light, if any, sentence I'd think.:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

You know karma had to have something to do with it...since it happened on the anniversary of him being acquitted for Nicole's murder. Somewhere Nelson Muntz is saying "HA ha".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I wonder if he was actually found guilty of this or is the jury considered it pay back for him getting away with murder in the first criminal trial.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

He was a co-conspirator I believe in this case.

9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Again??? I don't count the verdict in the civil trial because that's double jeopardy.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You want to bet? They will fight it forever, but he will be in prison for min. 10 years, that is my guess. I personally think it is overdone, but he deserved it nevertheless. The other guy who got the same sentence got screwed though, he couldn't get a separate trial...

Some of the crimes have minimum penalties and if you add them together, they can make a nice sentence. Now the judge could rule not to be consecutive sentences I guess, but don't dream about housearrest.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

He actually had more than 2 trials (with other cases), but yes, the civil trial said liable, and that means guilty...

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

There is no "again." This was an entirely different set of charges that had absolutely NO connections to the previous trials.

And the concept of double jeopardy does NOT apply to civil trials at all. In fact, there can be several/many civil trials over the same issues - it doesn't matter in the least what has been the outcome of former ones. Double jeopardy applies ONLY in criminal trials - period.

13. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Nonsense. He was tried twice for the same crime.

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

There is. The OP (happens to be me) didn't state we are talking about the same trial, just that he was found guilty in front of the law, again.

He was also found guilty of unpaid taxes and a Direct TV piracy case, between these highly publicized trials.

If I recall he got away with an attack when a cardriver accused him in FL with road rage and physical abuse...

http://www.ojtrial.com/O_J_Simpson_Found_Not_Guilty.htm

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

He got nailed for direct TV piracy?!? Man, people really were on his ass! Has anyone ever been charged with that before?

17. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Yes, tho it's extremely rare.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No - nonsense right back at YOU! Please tell us which CRIMINAL charges he faced twice!!!!!!! There were NONE.

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Nope - these were SEPARATE and distinct charges from all the previous ones. And my reply wasn;t directed to you at all. That's not the same "again" as I was replying to - that silly poster who thinks he was tried more than once on the same criminal charges - which isn't intelligent thinking.

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Cut back on your meds.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, maybe that's true, but Read-Only is correct. OJ faced a criminal trial and was found not guilty. Faced a civil trial and was found guilty. Only penalty he got was monetary. If he had been found not guilty in this case, the guy could have turned around and sued him in civil court, where again, it would have been a monetary penalty.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No meds here - just trying to talk some sense into someone who is talking pure nonsense.

Are you ready yet to tell us what criminal charges he was chargerd for twice - or admit that you don't know what you were talking about?

Actually, I suspect you don't fully know the difference between criminal and civil cases. Is that your problem?

23. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Whatever meds he's on or not on, they're working cause he's right. I do sympathize with you sense that it was double jeopardy. But a civil case does not count in that way. I don't really sympathize with OJ. I think he killed his wife.