Oklahoma bombing swept under the rug

Discussion in 'World Events' started by fadingCaptain, Oct 5, 2005.

1. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

In an alarming example of how events can be kept out of the public eye....

Last weekend a student at the University of Oklahoma blew up outside of a packed football stadium. It was immediately called a suicide and has not been reported on by the mainstream media since.

Thanks to several blogs, some shreds of light on the ongoing FBI investigation can be gained:
    http://floppingaces.blogspot.com/2005/10/oklahoma-bombing.html

Some interesting points: a. The bomber had earlier in the week tried to purchase a large supply of the same material used in the okc bombing b. More bomb making material was found at his apartment c. Jihadist literature was found at his apartment d. His pakistani roomate has not been seen or heard from since the bombing

Combine those with the fact that he blew up outside of a packed football stadium, and its hard to believe this was just some bizarre suicide.

The person who went on the air claiming it was a suicide is OU president David Boren who is a former senator and has strong ties to the CIA and FBI.

It is absolutely stunning to me that something as important as a possible large-scale attempted terrorist bombing on US soil can be so quickly and conveniently swept under the rug.

Scary indeed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It wasn't "kept out of the public eye", it was reported in the papers and on the LOCAL news, just NOT on the national or world news. Anyone who wanted to know only had to do some checking in the local area papers.

Another question is: Why do you think a student blowing himself up is "world news"???

The explosion occured about 110yds from the stadium ....and there was no one around that could have been harmed (well, except for him!).

Well, people will believe what they want, but why? If you have some valid reasons for believing otherwise, please present you evidence.

There are lots worse suicides that occur regularly, you just don't hear about it because of where you live (wherever that is?). It's LOCAL news, not national or world news.

What evidence do you have that it was "...a possible large-scale attempted terrorist bombing...."?????

And why do you say it was swept under the rug if it was fully reported in all the local papers?? What ye're really questioning is why wasn't it reported in YOUR news or papers ......and I'd have to say that it wasn't important enough for YOUR news or papers to bother.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

so when terrorists blow them selves up,thats not news?

this should have been story one on all the media.

home grown terrorists attempting to blow up a football game proves w's stupid ''fight them there,not here''stratagy is not working.

i guess rove cant spin suicide bombings in oklahoma so he just had it squashed before it became big news.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

He wasn't a terrorist!!! He was just some damned stupid, troubled youth who killed himself.

He was alone in a park some 100yds from anyone or anything that could have been harmed ......does that sound like he wanted to kill anyone except himself???

Baron Max

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

See, this is why I'm against the government, lying, dirty, rotten, bastards. I would not doubt that they told the terrorist to do it.
    Just like Lee Harvey Oswald.

9. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Baron,
    Did you read my post? Did you follow any links? I will suppress my urge to call you a jackass. oops.

Evidence:
    - He tried to buy a bunch of fertilizer earlier that week from a local feed store. Reported by OKC News 9.
    - Additional large amounts of explosives were found in his apartment. Reported by the FBI.

Are you telling me that these two points do not indicate something other than suicide???

I am not saying I know the answers. I do not know whether this was a large scale terrorist attack gone wrong or not....what I am saying is that the evidence attained thus far should be a national new story. I guess you think its not a big deal. Scary again.

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I'd wager his bomb prematurely blew up. This has happened quite a few times around the world where a terrorist's bomb went off before their intended target.

And yes, this SHOULD have been in, at the very least, national news. That's total censorship. Hopefully once a big enough mob mentality fuss is made, as Baron Max loves, it'll be showed to all.

- N

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then why don't we wait to see what the investigation turns up? Why must everyone go off on some wild tangent without knowing a fuckin' thing about it? Why make wild accusations without any fuckin' info?

Well, I'll tell you why! Sensationalism. That's all. That's it. Just plain sensationalism ...which is what this world's news organizations have turned us all into ....gluttons for sensationalism! This forum is a prime example ....people post crap here with ONLY the intention of stirring up the shit and making people react - usually "violently".

Baron Max

13. Light Registered Senior Member

Exactly right.

Considering how things have gone in the past (all the threat levels bouncing up and down, false alerts, etc.), the very last thing the FBI and other authorities want to do is cry terrorist and then discover it was nothing beyond a depressed young man who wanted to kill himself in a very public area. And had all that come to pass, you silly people would REALLY be screaming, wouldn't you? :bugeye:

Let's wait and see what the investigation turns up.

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

*stirs a witch's cauldron filled with vitriolic stew*

Come, Baron Max, have a dip.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

15. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Baron & Light,
    Let me get this straight....evidence of a possible attempted large scale terrorist attack on US soil should NOT be reported by the MSM??? That is what you are saying? You guys would be right at home over in China...

16. Light Registered Senior Member

Read it again, please - that's not what I said at all. See if you can understand it this time through, OK?

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps his detonation was premature as he wanted it to go off inside the game not where it did. Perhaps then it would have become national news if more people were involved besides just him.

18. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Light,
    Do even know about the story or are you talking out of your azz?

Some of the things it has turned up (according to Oklahoma channel 9 news):

- Hindrich's (bomber) spent alot of time at the Mosque by his apartment.
    - Plane Ticket to Algeria "at future date" in Pakistani roommates name was found in his apartment.
    - 5 others involved but not arrested.
    - Hindrichs tried to get into game 3 times at two different gates.
    - Hindrichs had a ticket to the game.
    - Hinrichs tried to purchase fertilizer earlier in the week.

Now, again I ask...you think these things should not be reported by national media?

19. dkb218 Banned Banned

If "THEY" could find a way make this advance there silly "War on Terrorism", if it had been some Arab kid or a reasonable facsimile thereof, this story would've made the front page of every newspaper in the country.

I'm assuming this was some little Mid-America white kid. For the public to get the idea that little white boys are becoming suicide bombers sends the wrong message. Better to make it seem like some depressed young man killing himself than some "normal" kid all of a sudden becoming a suicide bomber.

But...Why not overdose on some pills or blow your brains out or the many other ways one can get a ticket on the suicide train? Logic states that this young fella was attempting to send a message. If he was intent on killing others - who knows but…

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, great ...now we're getting some possible info instead of sensationalism.

Well, I don't know? I ask myself "why?", and can't come up with a single, good reason why I or anyone else should know about it other than people who are directly affected. I mean, let's say that we ALL know .....what the hell good does it do us? Any of us? Don't ya' wonder?

I'm sorta' curious about the "fertilizer bomb"???? I mean, it's my understanding that it would take a helluva lot of fertilizer and fuel oil to make much of a bomb ....like the OKC bomb was a big truck FULL of it. How much of a "boom" would a little backpack make?

Perhaps ignorance really is bliss??

Baron Max

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What would be such a "wrong message"? I don't understand ...can you explain that a bit more clearly?

Baron Max

22. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Baron,
    "it's my understanding that it would take a helluva lot of fertilizer and fuel oil to make much of a bomb"

Yes, me too. It sounds like he was trying to build a bigger bomb. Maybe looking into the idea of pulling a truck up close to the stadium as people were leaving. (There is a street that runs right up to the stadium but i think it is blocked off during games)
    It definately would not have been a backpack bomb. Sounds like the backpack route was a 2nd choice....

".....what the hell good does it do us? "
    It is an ideal I guess. I am not looking at it from the perpective that it would do anyone any "good". That doesn't matter to me. I feel a democracy can be judged by its press. The more open, transparent, and unaffected by governent the better. I may be wrong, but I think this story is being swept under the rug for various political reasons. It may reach the point where the national media cannot ignore it....but we will see.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then we're all in very deep, very smelly shit!!!!!!

Baron Max