On faith

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Magical Realist, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I see faith as an aspect of God. The verse says that faith is the substance of all things hoped for. That is to say that God is the underlying, fundamental reality of everything, and we exercise that faith when we sincerely hope for something. Hope is the evidence of faith, and faith is the evidence of an underlying, fundamental, reality, which is invisible to the eye.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.

jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You have clearly established that it is an existence debate for you, with a plethora of comments such as this:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Roflmfao!
    That is one of the funniest responses I've yet seen you give. Seriously. Ow, it's starting to hurt! Oh, my! Genius! And said with a straight face!

Anyhoo. I suppose you think giving a deliberately vague or cryptic answer, and not then offering clarification, is the hallmark of honesty?
    If you read his responses it is quite clear (or is to most) that he clearly accepts it as your answer... It's not likely to be anyone else's given that he was conversing with you. It is also quite clear in what manner he was using the term "accept". Yet you, with your "honest" hat on, call him desperate for choosing a definition that doesn't match the one that you want.
    Yep, that's just about right from you.
    Then stop treating it like a war zone!
    You are second guessing his motives and doing no one any favours. He has clearly explained why he is asking and, to be fair to him, it seems quite a legitimate line of inquiry. But no, you simply do what Jan does best: evade.
    If you have no intention of following him down his line of inquiry then simply don't respond to him when it is clear that is where he wants to go. Instead you draw a battle-line and wage what quickly becomes a war, you arguing why you don't want to follow and doing your utmost to derail his inquiry, he explaining why it is a valid inquiry.
    Honest? Yeah, good one, Jan.
    I've not come across people, other than non-native speakers, who are as incapable of you as discerning through context the intended meaning of words. If indeed your incapability is honest.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Are you Baldeees little helper?

jan.

8. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Sure, if it makes you feel better to think so.

DaveC426913 likes this.
  9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Such as the creation of the universe.