Online games

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I haven't really. I have been in numerous start-up clans for CS that all died 3 weeks into CAL.

For a few months for the PK World Tour, I played PK non-stop to get good. I happened to be able to play some of the best at the game but it wasn't a good match. lol. I found John Wendel's brother online and his is pretty damn good. Razorb.. too.

But the best I can do in CS is play at a CAL-P level in pubs (you know.. those cal-i/cal-p guys that show up sometimes to play pubs.. yea, I'll go 1-1 with them).. I cannot get into clans that last more than 3-5 weeks so I have no experience there.

Now my friend played Halo Xbox, Halo 2 Xbox, and Halo PC competitevly. At the 2003 CPL I went with him and his team to watch them play (and all the other fun stuff, too). They came in 6th place. However we know they would have come in AT LEAST 2nd place but one of the teammates started to throw a 2 year old fit about stupid shit and tried to throw their own match off (they did very well in the CAL seasons.. 2nd place every season in the upper divisions). Seems to have worked.. their last match it was basically 4 versus 5 as the guy just goofed off. They won $6,000.

Should you have Halo PC I can hook you up with some games against the two that still care (the two are brothers.. both go to the same college as me.. and went to my high school).

I got another friend (goes to UGA) that rings for CAL-I (or maybe rang.. I don't know if CAL still does 1.6 or not) scrims. He's basically a badass in CS.

I got him and my two Halo friends to play me in Quake 3 CPMA.. It was a tight game between me and my CS badass friend... but I won 3 out of 4 matches. I was able to pull off more mid-air kills than him so I think that was the deciding factor.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

guild wars is a fun mmorpg you pay 40 dollers for it in stores then no monthly fee after

another good mmorpg is at

www.mapleglobal.com its called maple story and its free and man is it kick ass

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i also recommend guildwars.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm still playing Runescape occasionaly.

There is a limited but not crippled free version (in the sense that some skills are unavailable and some regions).

Graphics are not up to modern standards. It's full of kids and teenagers trying to scam you or call you noob.

Gosh..doesn't sound much like an advertisement so far.

9. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

Download the "Battlefield 2 demo". It only has one map that you can play online but its hours of fun. I've been playing the demo online for months. It's the first FPS game that I know that allows you to have 32v32 players, total = 64 people at once. The demo is really fun. I love using claymores, grenades and snipering. You proberly need at least a 2ghz computer with 128mb vid card and 512mb ram and thats like bare mimimum.

Definately recommend it if your into FPS games.

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i made an account there after you recommended it months ago...it was ok, but the community was kind of stupid.
    *shrug*

11. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Did anyone check out the Java version of QUake? It's fucking badass. It reminds me of the days after Doom II

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Do you have a link? Doom is the best. And quake multiplayer is nostalgia.

14. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

Try this. It's a 2d version quake 2 sorta style. Only a few meg download and its the full version. It's completely free he just asks you to register it if you really want to. Fully online and standalone with bots.

Soldat

15. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

16. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

guild wars is great, also just buy halflife2 one off cost and there are hundreds of mods you can play im sure you will find one you like

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The best online game is Second Life.
    I made about $750 in that game in 2 months.
    It's very easy to make money playing that game.

18. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

what sort of game is it?

19. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

depends what kind of game you like

i used to be into runescape but i also started to enjoy maplestory

www.mapleglobal.com (its not for everyone though)

21. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It requires Internet Explorer.

So that's not going to happen.

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Moderator: Could you please move this to the Computer science forum (Currently recompiling multiple threads all on the same topic rather than having a list of links jumping from one thread to another)