Optical illusion which looks like ghost

Michael 345

New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl
Valued Senior Member
Glanced out of window, one evening,next to hospital bed and thought I saw security guard

He appeared to be checking something

Took photo thought no more about the situation and went to sleep

This photo
IMG20230111193739~01.jpg

Anyone have comments before I give what the photo is composed of?

It is not a trick Photoshop. Look out of window, see this, take photo, now sending

:)

Glanced out of window, one evening,next to hospital bed and thought I saw security guard

He appeared to be checking something

Took photo thought no more about the situation and went to sleep

This photo
View attachment 5194

Anyone have comments before I give what the photo is composed of?

It is not a trick Photoshop. Look out of window, see this, take photo, now sending

All I see is some indistinct reflections in the glass.

All I see is some indistinct reflections in the glass.

NOT a reflection

Other side of glass, as you can see the thin blinds are on top of outside stuff.

Guard appears to be next to the square support pole which is outside in courtyard

just now.jpg

Took this short time ago. None of that stuff in my area

You can see fake guard lower left

Last edited:
NOT a reflection
Are you saying the guard is not a reflection in the photo in post #3?
Other side of glass, as you can see the thin blinds are on top of outside stuff.
I don't understand what you mean.

What does "other side" mean?

It looks like the photo in post #3 is taken from inside a room. The blinds are inside. The white pillar, as you said, is outside, along with what looks like a tree.

Guard appears to be next to the square support pole which is outside in courtyard
Appears to be. Yet you say the image of the guard is not a reflection in the glass? So you're saying the guard really is outside, then? Or what?
None of what stuff? Guard, tree? All the inside-room stuff that seems to be reflected? The clock, for instance, looks clearly reflected.
And that's not a reflection in the glass window?

Or are you saying it's not a guard? Because I'm having some trouble perceiving this guard you mention.

To me, it looks like there's what might be a shopping bag sitting in front of some kind of circular object (a fan? a vent? a dispenser of some kind?)

Magical Realist will probably say it's a ghost.

Are you saying the guard is not a reflection in the photo in post #3?

I don't understand what you mean.

What does "other side" mean?

It looks like the photo in post #3 is taken from inside a room. The blinds are inside. The white pillar, as you said, is outside, along with what looks like a tree.

Appears to be. Yet you say the image of the guard is not a reflection in the glass? So you're saying the guard really is outside, then? Or what?

None of what stuff? Guard, tree? All the inside-room stuff that seems to be reflected? The clock, for instance, looks clearly reflected.

And that's not a reflection in the glass window?

Or are you saying it's not a guard? Because I'm having some trouble perceiving this guard you mention.

To me, it looks like there's what might be a shopping bag sitting in front of some kind of circular object (a fan? a vent? a dispenser of some kind?)

Magical Realist will probably say it's a ghost.
Somewhere in a forum far far away I mentioned I am not interested in what you think or post

That has not changed

What's bugging you, Michael 345?

Did something I wrote above cause offence?

What's bugging you, Michael 345?

Did something I wrote above cause offence?
EXERYTHING YOU WRITE OFFENDS ME BECAUSE YOU OFFEND ME

BIGGLY

Go away. You are on my Iggy list

I want NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU

I DON'T CARE WHAT THINK

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WRITE

I WILL IGNORE ANY REPIES TO ANY POST IN ANY THREAD

GO AWAY

WISH I COULD PUT YOU ON FULL IGNORE

HAVE TO MAKE PERSONAL IGNORE DO

PLEASE DON'T START ANY WAY CAN TALK THIS OUT

WE CAN'T

:(

There is clearly a reflection off of the window so I have no idea where you are going with this.

Fake guard? What are you talking about?
If you can't see you can't comment sorry

I am asking how the fake guard (it is the name I gave for the illusion) appears

Can't see? can't help sorry

Can't see? can't help sorry

You're apparently much more gifted at pareidolia than many of us. For instance, all I can construe in that corner is the head of a yellow duck, and possibly the head of an unidentifiable cartoon character above it. And both of those are a stretch born out of apprehension that the superbly camouflaged security guard might be aiming a gun at me if I reply that I can't conceive anything illusory there.
_

If you can't see fake guard I'm guessing you would not know how it appears

all I can construe in that corner is the head of a yellow duck, and possibly the head of an unidentifiable cartoon character above it.

So close. Happens to be the press for soap on the dispenser from
ECOLAB, in blue, just above

The photo is of the unit in front of me. The two bed ward on the other side of the one would be the same

NOT a reflection

View attachment 5197

I say "that stuff" is in a room across from you... an the plants are outside between the rooms... an the guard illusion is made up of the outside plants an the stuff inside the other room B-)

I say "that stuff" is in a room across from you... an the plants are outside between the rooms... an the guard illusion is made up of the outside plants an the stuff inside the other room B-)
Yes, room is other side of wall where same hand wash dispensers are fixed

Light is reflected off the dispensers

Take say the yellow item (soap dispenser button) reflected light

This light heads out through the double glassed window and hits a leaf. Why is the leaf not seen as a leaf?

Why does the light coming off the leaf to my eye retain its yellow colour?

Nurse, off topic, telling me to take my medication, lights out and sleep

reflection

For the last time it is NOT a reflection

For it to be a reflection all the details of my sightings, I interpret as a fake guard, would have to be in the same room as myself

They are not. They are combination of light from objects inside the room next door and objects outside next door

Back