Optical illusion which looks like ghost

For the last time it is NOT a reflection. For it to be a reflection all the details of my sightings, I interpret as a fake guard, would have to be in the same room as myself
It's a reflection. Since you are standing at about a 45 degree angle to that window, you are seeing the reflection of something 90 degrees from yourself.

It's a reflection. Since you are standing at about a 45 degree angle to that window, you are seeing the reflection of something 90 degrees from yourself.
Wrong

reflection
noun
re·flec·tion ri-ˈflek-shən

: an instance of reflecting
especially : the return of light or sound waves from a surface
: the production of an image by or as if by a mirror

Reflection is viewing items from MY position and behind

Not from another room combined with other images directly in front

:)

Reflection is viewing items from MY position and behind
Incorrect. You can see a reflection of something that is nowhere near behind you. That's what a mirage is, for example.
Not from another room combined with other images directly in front
That's exactly what you will see. Ever seen a heads up display? That is a device that combines a reflection that is NOT behind you, superimposed on the view in front of the pilot.

Glanced out of window, one evening,next to hospital bed and thought I saw security guard. He appeared to be checking something.
Mike, slowly get out of bed , grab your bag and head for an exit.
This has nothing to do with alien abduction.
Report back on site when safe to do so.
Pals.jpg

Thank you Dave for the diagram

Sorry to mess it up so much

I had to come back into hospital so much going on

Hope you can see though my putting the brick walls in place how incorrect your your interpretation of how the illusion is generated

I'm in another hospital now and will probably not go back to the other IMG_20230120_021424.jpg

His blue dot should be lower more covering the His of His window and my blue dot higher covering the My of My window

Happy to explain more if I get time but very limited at the moment

Where the two green lines meet would be more the position of the illusion

Hope you can see though my putting the brick walls in place how incorrect your your interpretation of how the illusion is generated
So you added a "not brick wall" and labeled your position "not your view." And drew a reflection that is not happening at the window.

That . . . really doesn't help.

Sorry, but I can't keep from giggling at that diagram, it's so unhelpful that it cracks me up.

So you added a "not brick wall" and labeled your position "not your view." And drew a reflection that is not happening at the window.

That . . . really doesn't help.
He's simply ruling out the possibility of a direct reflection of something in the same room. There's a wall there.

I am loathe to weigh in; there's quite a bit of rancor here, and I fear if I offer an opinion the OP doesn't like I may likewise suffer the fate of Burial By Giant Text. :rolleye:

I still don't really see a figure in the original image - let alone something discernible as a security guard. I kind of wish someone would point out to m what they see.

I suppose, if forced to acknowledge there is a figure there, I might be able to trace some shapes - but for all I know this is a trick question and this thread is really a study about the Power of Suggestion. :p

All that being said, But the only thing I really have to offer is that I can't shake the feeling that there's a double reflection - as if there are two parallel plates of glass, close together.

upload_2023-1-19_17-0-17.png

Perhaps this is one of those windows where the blinds are sandwiched between two panes of glass and also act as outside double-glazed weather-proofing. (Would not surprise me if this were the case in a hospital situation where any random object could turn into a hazard/weapon quickly).

Example:

internal%20miniblinds.jpg

upload_2023-1-19_17-7-1.png

Last edited:
Did you show this pic to any of the staff at the hospital, Michael? Seeing that they're more familiar with the immediate surroundings, I'd be interested to hear their take on it.

Hey! If Michael can post a pic of his junk on SciFo we should all get to!

(Hang on, flash popped out and got stuck on my Y-front....)

Did you show this pic to any of the staff at the hospital, Michael? Seeing that they're more familiar with the immediate surroundings, I'd be interested to hear their take on it.

I did to two staff. They thought it looked odd but it is not really a "immediate surroundings" type situation

Shows up around 18:45 and fades away within about ½ hour

Back