Our attitude concerning mockery of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by tresbien, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Vkothii Banned Banned

Indonesia is a pretty violent part of the world. Christianity arrived before Islam in some parts, but it's a Muslim "country" now. But Buddhism was the first to arrive in the mainland bits, via the Khmer dynasty.

Before any "established" religion got established, they were all pagan headhunter types. Today (and for as long as we've known about the place), different Islands cling to their tribal/ethnic identities. and although "foreign" tribes are tolerated for a while, any colonisation is usually resisted, and doesn't survive beyond a single generation. A native tribe will attack and kill such strangers, after tolerating them for years. This happens between tribes that live on islands only kilometers apart. It also explains why East Timor was invaded by an insurgent Jakartan tribe (i.e. Indonesian "government" troops).
    Indonesian waters are also some of the busiest in the world, and the most pirated.

Just for example.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

No need to back in the day, they spent the first 800 years conquering and subjugating. Why resort to suicide bombings when your army is top dog?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

No, because the thread topic is about Islam and mockery of its prophet which is a result of ongoing violence in the name of that very religion. Any battle between the U.S. and Japan has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and no bearing on the discussion at all.

Do you not realize what a strawman argument is and why it does nothing more than reflect on the users inability to stay on topic and debate the actual topic without wandering off?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

SAM,

So why are they blowing themselves up now in the name of religion and killing others at the same time?

What justification is there for religious inspired violence?

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

The article's message is: "I give you control of my emotions, I lay them out before you so that anything you say will make me feel pain, and if you make me feel pain then I will kill you."

Why not skip the whole process and just kill everyone?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is that the new reason for the war in Iraq?

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Good night SAM

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its called media manipulation. Strange how the patriots killing the loyalists was never defined as Christian terrorism.

Or didn't any of them go to church?

Notice how one suicide bomber in Iraq gets more attention than the US troops occupying the country?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So what do you think of the republishing of the cartoons in Denmark?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I dunno, I have to think about that one.. is that what this thread is about ?

I just wanted to greet you

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No its just another Islam/Muslim bashing thread. :shrug:

The other kind of people are rather rare these days.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, I think the reason behind the republishing is important here.. but I don't don't the reason..

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It's the reason why naming Teddy Bears Muhammad results in calls for death. My question is, why lay a trap for people to fall in whereby they are guranteed to cause Muslims pain? Kill them off as a first step instead of a last step because the result will be the same.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm sure the Indian, Russian and Chinese Muslims would be happy to hear those reasons.

They would also like to hear why the same paper refused to publish cartoons lampooning Jesus.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They seem to be hypocrites then.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Can the paper be sued for religious discrimination on those grounds?

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I doubt it, I suspect they have done their research.. and it depends on the local laws regarding this sort of thing.

21. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

What discrimination? Free speech carries no burden to say what others want you to say.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats what I thought. Racism is alive and well in Scandinavia.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The only thing that seems odd is that they refused to publish the jesus cartoons. Maybe they can do something about that..