Overpopulation of Planet Earth

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by duendy, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Duendy, this is exactly what you said. It's a quote:
    I did not hand pick this article, nor did I dig for it. It was an article on www.sciencedaily.com on February 13th. I thought you'd find it interesting, so I posted the link.
    It does talk about extinction. Here's a quote from the article:

"...from 2,600 to at least 700 years ago, native people hunted some species to local extinction, and wildlife returned to "fabulous abundances" only after European diseases decimated Indian populations starting in the 1500s."

When did I "slag off" anybody? When did I try to justify the exploitation of a species to extinction?
    I wonder why you think this is relevant. Are you accusing the researcher of racial bias?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

what are you trying to say?
    are u ;lawyer??
    i have explained to you already that rhe worldview of many Indigenous peoples was animit. do you know what that means? hafve you red any Native American Elders speak about land and community?....have you contrasted that wit what came down on ther heads?

i am NOT saying ALL of them were prfect. i am aware of other stuff you dont know too. BUT, on the whole A worldview that respects mNature is surely gonna not do ASmuch fukin damage as we are doing?

and my main point is is NOT scoring points. trying t mke out Indiigenous people ere as bad if not more so than materialists, BUT to have INSIGHT about our ancestor's worldviewws and to try to L E A R N.

what is you tryin to do?

tel me?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

'and the worldview of many Indigenous peoples was animist'

annnd. dont forget the fukin genocide OF Native American peoples by the W H I T E man.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

No, I'm not a lawyer.
    No, I haven't read any Native American writing.
    I don't doubt that you are aware of other stuff that I don't know.
    I am demonstrating the error in your claim that:
    You were wrong. Britain's indigenous farmers deforested large areas of the country. That doesn't sound like living harmony with nature to me. Indigenous inhabitants of New Zealand hunted the moa and harpagornis to extinction. That doesn't sound like living harmony with nature to me. The indigenous inhabitants of Easter Island severely deforested the land and drove several species of birds to extinction. That doesn't sound like living harmony with nature to me.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

does making thusands of species extinct--going on now-----and global warming, nd poisoning Nature for millions of years with nuclear waste and depleted uranium?...can you intuit a main rush to destruction going on?

so what are you saying? that what went before as you interpret it and now is linear ignorance?

what are your suggestions for us to learn then?

9. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

I don't quite understand what you're asking me.

I am saying that your claim was mistaken.

I am not making any suggestions.

10. marasmith Registered Member

overpopulation

duender, how exactly did indigenous people control their populations?
    Alot of what you say sounds like you have done absolutely no research whatsoever, but are merely repeating whatever you happened to hear, or better yet saying whatever you want with no basis in fact whatsoever.
    It is not "overpopulation" that is threatening other forms of life, but mismanagement and lack of caring driven by greed. Please get your facts straight.

11. marasmith Registered Member

Many comments here are tainted by a metality of lack, especially duender's. The creator has set up nature to accomodate vast populations without harming other species. Much damage was done when America was first settled, for example to the bison, and there was just a sprinkling of people.
    Also, the more developed a country becomes, the wealthier people become, the more birthrates drop, leading to stabilization of population.
    Again, I will say, the issue is not too many people, the issue is how we are managing ourselves and nature around us. Follow the money and you will be walking on the path of destruction. Companies rape forests, etc, to get wood, oil, whatever. But that is not because they have to just because the population demands it. There are many ways to support energy needs without damaging nature. But what pays the most?
    The thinking that some must die to save the whole is propaganda spouted by eugenicists, whose real agenda is not saving the planet at all, it is far more sinister.

12. marasmith Registered Member

sorry, I meant duendy, not duender.
    Global warming has been soundly disproven, and proponents have been caught distorting the evidence profoundly to further their agenda.
    Duendy, are you native American? Sounds like there is some bias there. I am caucasian and am outraged by the treatment of native Americans by whites. My son is Native American. However, one must keep their thinking cap on, and not let personal issues cloud their logic.

13. marasmith Registered Member

sorry, I meant duendy, not duender.
    Global warming has been soundly disproven, and proponents have been caught distorting the evidence profoundly to further their agenda.
    Duendy, are you native American? Sounds like there is some bias there. I am caucasian and am outraged by the treatment of native Americans by whites. My son is Native American. However, one must keep their thinking cap on, and not let personal issues cloud their logic.