Please read this thread before you post here!

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Athelwulf, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I've observed a problem: The Parapsychology forum is treated exactly the same as the Pseudoscience forum. I wish to clear things up. Pseudoscience includes parapsychology, but not all pseudoscience is parapsychology. All flies are insects, but not all insects are flies.

Key terms must be defined so we can see the difference clearly. Here is what Wikipedia has to say about pseudoscience:

This covers topics such as astrology, intelligent design, and ghosts. Basically, if it's marketed as science, but it doesn't follow the scientific method, it's pseudoscience.

Parapsychology is a specialized pseudoscience. Again I refer to Wikipedia:

So we don't talk about general topics of pseudoscience in Parapsychology. We talk about one particular topic, psi. Unfortunately, it appears many don't know this distinction, or don't care.

I will attempt to make sure that all topics in Parapsy somehow deal with parapsychology. I will move threads that don't fit here to a more appropriate forum. [Thread=71209]Here[/Thread] are [Thread=16425]particular[/Thread] [Thread=74740]examples[/Thread] of [Thread=20475]inappropriate[/Thread] [Thread=71109]threads[/Thread] for those interested. If you are unsure if your thread concerning pseudoscience also concerns parapsychology, I suggest posting it in Pseudoscience. Everything that fits in Parapsy fits in Pseudosci, even if the opposite isn't true. You won't get in trouble if you post here in error, don't worry. Just think before you post, and if in doubt, go to Pseudosci.

As always, any questions or concerns about this or any Parapsy matter can be sent to me through a personal message. Thank you for your time and cooperation. :m:

— Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.