Proof of the supernatural

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by garbonzo, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Really? Explain quantum entanglement then. Or the Big Bang. Or consciousness for that matter..

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But none of those guys said it was anything supernatural. Even by your own standards, all you have evidence of is some kind of sound that no one recorded which might have sounded like a person.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Every normal person in the world who hears this story understands this as a supernatural event. Except for people like you are so set on not believing in it that they'll posit talking fish and talking babies before admitting the obvious. Or was that a talking machine? I'm losing track. You've changed your story like 3 times now.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Inside a car underwater, I doubt the sound would be very clear. It would be easy to mistake it for words. If the sound even came from there. Intellectually, we know for a fact that human perception can't be trusted.

As for a talking fish, I guess you've never traveled to the upper reaches of the Mato Grosso wilderness, where there is a peculiar species of freshwater dolphin that makes almost human-like cries. It's far more likely that one of these got loose in Utah than that something supernatural exists.

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Isn't this the part where I demand that you prove that it ISN'T aliens with hallucinogenic rayguns?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Normal people are idiots.

I don't have a story, I have a butt load of explanations that are more likely than yours.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

That about says it all. lol!

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You made the claim. Now back it up.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Talking dolphin now! Ofcourse it was. Hey, maybe it was Flipper!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  13. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

There are a lot of eyewitnesses to aliens. If you believe in ghosts because of the testimony, I believe aliens visiting Earth has more evidence behind it.

14. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

Human perception can't be trusted, yes. If this were one or two guys who said this I would say you could be right. But these were 5 respected and healthy individuals.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Oh I accept the reality of ufos. I just don't know what their purpose is. Obviously we are being observed. For what and why I remain unclear on.

16. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

Me neither. But they could decide to help humans when they can.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

UFOs most certainly exist. I was witness to one around 15 years ago.
    It remains unidentified to this day.
    UFOs of Alien origin.....not sure but probably not...but as yet there is no conclusive evidence either way for us being visited or of their existence.

18. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

I trust the overwhelming amount of eye witness testimonies of so many high ranking officials, just to name one category of highly respected individuals.

19. Bells Staff Member

Stress, panic, upturned car in river, near a concrete bridge, cold and having to wade through all of that to get to the car. You'd be surprised how easy it is. A bird calling, a wolf or animal making a noise in the background can make any sound that someone might want to hear. It is very easy to suggest something or have someone believe something and pretty soon, they have all heard it.

However, what is the real standout is this:

“We’ve gotten together and just talk about it and all four of us can swear that we heard somebody inside the car saying, ‘Help,’” Warner told Deseret News.​

Then when you consider that at first, it was just one officer and now it is up to 5 who heard "it".. So apparently another person has been added on to the 4. That number keeps going up and up.

Insert giant eye-roll here..

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Every normal person in the world?

I'm sure you've done a survey to back that claim, right? I'd like to see those survey results please... or are you ready to retract that obviously erroneous statement?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Still more likely than magic spirits.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think it's possible they heard something, now what?

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah, eye witnesses are so reliable!
    What color is the dress?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.