Proof of the supernatural

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by garbonzo, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The evidence for voices from paranormal sources is abundant and undeniable. There are literally thousands of EVP recordings online of voices, screams, conversations, gasps, laughter, cries, and whispers from haunted bldgs that are as clear as if emitted by a present person. Do I even need to post some of these? Oh wait. You don't believe in THAT evidence. It doesn't support your belief that ghosts don't exist.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's not in any way evidence of super natural occurrences. It's evidence of what some have interpreted as screams, whispers, laughter, etc.
    That in all likelyhood can be put down to more mundane causes, like screams, whispers, laughter all muffled by probable weather phenomena, and other conditions present.
    Why do you chose to immediately jump to the most unlikely and impossible?
    Don't answer that, I know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! Uh no..the voices come from inside empty rooms and houses while being recorded with highly sensitive digital recorders and examined under spectrum analysis. There's a whole field of paranormal research out there. Look into it sometime.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, that is not evidence of "paranormal" activity... that is evidence of unknown activity

Indeed - and there is also a huge amount of money to be gained from making these claims

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So where's your evidence against my claim? Remember, the evidence you mentioned earlier?

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I only look into science.
    And real science has looked into the suggestions you often make, with a zero result and plenty of more likely explanations. The aspects you are claiming as super natural as I said earlier, can be logically put down to many causes...a chimney in the room, echos, abnormal acoustics, Imagination, fraudulent manufacturings etc etc etc...

10. Bells Staff Member

“We’ve gotten together and just talk about it and all four of us can swear that we heard somebody inside the car saying, ‘Help,’” Warner told Deseret News.

How is it 5 now?

The story initially said one, then two, then four and now five people who heard it. That must have been some "talk".

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So let me get this straight. You've never looked into this field, yet you know all about it and what the causes are for the phenomena? Wow..that's some psychic power you got there!

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

4, 5. So what? Is that all you have to complain about?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Despite the fact that I don't have to provide evidence against a claim you didn't make (or are you now saying you ARE making the claim that this is paranormal? Get your story straight) - the fact that there has NEVER been any scientifically validated evidence of "paranormal activity" seems like a good indication this isn't likely anything paranormal.

What you are asking for, in essence, is proof that pink fuzzy unicorns don't actually exist and dont' actually go dancing on rainbows...

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This has to do with the human facility for pattern recognition, even patterns that aren't really there. It's one of the reasons science was invented, so that we could rule out these sorts of perceptual biases.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Your basic, average, run of the mill ghost hunter earns no salary. Services are typically donated to the families in need and you should be prepared to shell out some major bucks for investigative equipment. Thus, it's good to organize a group of like minded people to work with so that you can divvy the costs up.
    Generally, in the paranormal field, it is looked down upon to charge for an investigation."==http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_salary_for_a_paranormal_investigator

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'll take that as an admission that A. You have no clue about what I've claimed. and B. You have no evidence against it. That's what I thought..

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I don't need to look into it. The laws of physics and science in general counter and explain most all those claims.
    Any that they do not, are just that....Unexplained. Like I asked you before, why straight away invoke the super natural?
    The question that should be asked, is that if you have looked into all of these phenomena, I suggest you look again...this time without the burden of your agenda and excess baggage.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I've been looking into this field for around 12 years now and still am. So don't worry, I definitely know what I'm talking about. You obviously don't. Don't waste my time with claims about which you know nothing..

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

By your own mouth and words, you are the one wasting time....12 years in fact!
    Instead of looking into woo, drop your agenda, and take the scientific methodology into your realm. Then you may learn how gullible you have been.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So you ARE making a claim. Glad we cleared that up. you will now provide evidence that this is paranormal activity and not any number of alternatives that have been presented here.

22. Bells Staff Member

The point is that the number keeps growing. As I noted previously, that must have been some "talk".

It wasn't that that drove them to get to that car. They were wading to it anyway, because they had to investigate the car and if there was anyone in it, since someone had reported that it was there.

Voice or no voice, that child would have been rescued within those few minutes.

The voice or what they claimed they heard just makes the story that little bit more remarkable. Sells more papers.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Ofcourse. And we all know rescue workers would make up a story just to sell more newspapers! (How utterly ridiculous...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.