Prophecy-Future-Whats gonna happen?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by H-kon, Jun 24, 1999.

1. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Well, nevermind about your methods of delivery for the moment. I'm interested in hearing what you think about the Rapture - how many will be taken (will it be all Christians, living and dead, all living only, 144,000 only, or some other combination I haven't listed - also, please explain your reasoning or provide scriptures to back you up), and will it be in space ships from the "good guys" (whoever they are), or just a vanishing act - "now you see 'em, now you don't" sort of thing? Will they be removed to another planet? Another galaxy? Another universe? Another dimension? Even if you don't feel you have the answers, what do you think?

I'm not picking on you - I'm really interested in knowing what other people think about this. (I have a feeling you and I may at least partially agree on this one.)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Gee, I am really interested. If you wouldn't mind sharing a little more... Do you mean literally that you prayed one time... once? How did you pray? What was it that was happening in your life that caused you to pray for an answer? What did the message mean to you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

You don't want to talk about the way I speak for the moment? *gasp* Well then, I've been delivered. But I do just a little. "Ghetto". Boy, it's been a mighty long time since I've heard that word. I keep hearing that Elvis song "In the Ghetto" in my head now. Thanks, cause I looooooove Elvis. But you're blowing that a little out of proportion here aren't you? You're lucky I don't know how to use that cute little quote thingy like you do. Don't forget that you keep making me go back and read previous posts of mine to check my "usage". It's not that much. I don't talk ghetto. I'm a 32 year old college educated financial analyst from upper middle class suberbia, midwest. Everyone around me talks like I do. Especially when they're being expressive, or when debating something that they are passionate about. I'm a nice person, face it. You are assuming a lot of things I think when you read my posts that aren't true. I have a rather sarcastic sense of humor, and a sharp tongue SOMETIMES BUT NOT FREQUENTLY, but I have absolutely no ill will or malintent towards anyone. Most of the time I'm sitting here with a smile on my face typing away. Let me put it to you this way....I've dated men that (and this makes me laugh), that can use the word f*%k as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, and explitive. Sometimes in the same sentence! LOL! See, all I used to care about was good hair and a nice butt. Welcome to Ohio! It's called redneck. I'm not actually a redneck myself, as my intellect, education, job, abhorance of racism and the use of double negatives disqualifies me. You may catch me cussing (though I'm so paranoid now, you might not), but you'll never catch me saying "ain't no" or "I seen". But, I have hung out and dated and worked with (still to this day) with some people that you would probably have nothing to do with. And they're good people (well, not all of them), just different. I've hung out with some dangerous people too. Sex, drugs, and rock & roll was my motto. I'm working on it ok??? Now it's Jesus, sex, and rock & roll. LOL! I crack myself up. Ok, now quit dissing me (now that's ghetto). I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings about the homo thing. Now lets be friends.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Now everybody say "awwww".

Ok, about the rapture, I'm not real good with popping scripture, as I don't remember where I read things. It's a big book. For the life of me, I don't know how people memorize verses. I guess I just haven't been at it long enough. Maybe Truestory would be kind enough to help me?

It'll be all of what is called the Church, which is not a church, but all those who live in Christ, are true saved Christians in their hearts, not just out their mouths or in their actions. People can behave certain ways and say certain things for many different reasons. Only God knows who really wants to serve Him and glorify Him in their hearts. If I'm not mistaken the 144,000 that you mentioned is called the Jewish remnant? I got the impression that they would be preaching the Gospel after the rapture. I think that it will be an instantanious event as it's described. The dead in Christ rise and then the living and we meet Him in the clouds. Jesus doesn't need spaceships. If there are spaceships there or soon after, then it is not because we're in them. They're props in the lie. Satan doesn't know the exact time, but he probably knows we're pretty close. That's why sightings and abductions have increased so much and will continue to. To think about this really fundamentally, if Satan didn't have a lie to cover up the true event of the rapture, then what in the world would possibly stop people from believing the Word? What other thing could you possibly think of to cover up the rapture besides alien abduction on a mass scale? The answer is nothing, to both questions. It's really the only conclusion out there right now, and honestly, I think it's a good enough lie to do it. They will say it was the "good aliens" in the space ships, and they took us somewhere where we'll be very happy living out the rest of our 3rd dimensional lives, while the rest of the planet is preparing to go through a "dimensional evolution", which is a spiritual evolution that also includes cataclysmic disasters. These good aliens, who will point to the Antichrist as the "master teacher", or whatever. He's the top of the spiritual heirarchy in other words; the most "progressed" or "initiated" being in the universe. I think that the concept of God will be one of a "force" or "nature" or "love" or "everything", or really anything except the Father of Jesus Christ who is our only Saviour. And it's another dimension, not another planet. Have you ever read the Share International website? That's where I started this little journey of mine; you should read it. That whole avatar, space brother BS is what got me looking into aliens and abductions. Keep in mind that for some strange reason, this organization is affiliated with the U.N.???
    There is no progressive spiritual heirarchy is the point to keep in mind. There is a heirarchy, but it is not progressive. The Antichrist will be able to perform miracles (to us), I mean remember who he is. He'll rise from the dead, or it will seem as this is when Satan enters the body. The aliens are seen as performing miracles, as what is a miracle to us but something that we can't scientificallly explain? They can explain it. And I honestly believe (especially since I got the blessing of the Holy Spirit) that there are spiritual sides of ourselves that can commune with the Holy Spirit to do miraculous things. Most of us just don't tap in. And some of us tap into the wrong spirit, not the Holy Spirit. There's only one other. If it's not of God, then it's of Satan.

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Lori ....

Regarding "Brokaw reports tonight".

I actually have the dubious fortune to work at an insurance company. I cannot speak to certain, recent, natural trends directly, but I'd like to offer a few observations, if I might.

An interesting thing happened here: At my company, our financial team put out a press release saying that disaster claims had trounced the company's earnigs for the third quarter. A few days later, an article reached my desk in which it was figured that 1999 disaster claims are down from last year, approximately 30%, year-to-date. Maybe this means that various hurricanes and tornadoes had less mobile homes or cardboard-box strip malls to destroy, but it also speaks of a reduction of the deadly force of the disasters occurring.

Actuarial projections are useful under certain conditions. When money, or other human inventions are involved, they have a finite capacity compared to our lifespans. But with natural processes, we have no proper sample by which to make the calculations. Any starting point in our present ignores a mass of data which humans were, by presence on earth or technological shortcomings, unable to catalog.

Consider, please ... people talk about global warming ... 1.5 degrees centigrade in a century, or so. But these numbers left out the eruptions of Mount Pinatubo and Mount Saint Helens, for certain, and, if I recall, a good amount of lesser volcanic activity during the survey period. As the eruptions resulted in a cool period, adjusting this data out results in the mean temperature rising four degrees centigrade. Which means that, during the survey period, the global temperature actually dropped. Related to the coming of Christ, I think that we can't yet include ideas like global warming in our assessment of the Signs, as the negative perspective we take is specifically chosen.

Also, we might clock ice ages in the geological record, but our catalog is not nearly rich enough to make accurate projections. So, while we might speculate about the world climate, we cannot necessarily predict it based on most recent relevant data we have.

I'll leave the nuclear war for a later time, though. My thoughts on the only Spectre of Death I've ever known are not organized enough to do anything beyond babbling drivel.

thx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    "Let us not launch the boat until the ground is wet." (Khaavren of Castlerock)

8. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

About that cute little quote thingy: when you go to reply, do you notice where it says, "UBB Code is ON"? If you click on that, you will find the instructions on how to do a number of cute little UBB code thingies. Just print it out for your reference, and voila - now you too can do those cute little quote thingies!

9. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

You're assuming a lot about me as well. I'm 42 years old, and although I've outgrown the sort of practices you mention, I was young and foolish once myself. The fact that I grew up during the 60's and 70's should give you some clues about my own past - I'm no stranger to the things you mentioned. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

I'm not trying to blow anything out of proportion. My point is that, in spite of our youthful efforts toward self-destruction, our communication skills were obviously left in tact, and we should be thankful enough for that to put them to good use. The use of foul language doesn't glorify anyone, and it should be obvious by the amount of time and space we are devoting to the subject, that it actually detracts from the points you are working so hard to make. Why would you want to foil your own efforts this way?

Well, I think there's been enough said on that subject. I know you get the point, and the choice is yours. Do as you will.

10. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Please share your opinions of the following passages, which I find most interesting:

Matthew 2:1, 2, 9 & 10:

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him...

...When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

That doesn't strike me as very starlike behavior - does it to you?

Matthew 17:1-5:

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

And behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Doesn't that sound a lot like the same cloud that assisted the Hebrews in their escape from the Egyptians?

John 8:23:

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Well, that seems pretty clear to me, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on these passages.

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Help you with what?

12. truestory Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

I previously missed your questions posted on 10/18/99:

My take on this is similar to what I stated previously... Much of Leviticus was legal code written for those in preparation of the priesthood. It seems that, at the time, people did perceive "irregularities" as a manifestation of "punishment" by God. In a way, it could be perceived as a sick (ill) sentiment.

Tiassa,

I am not familiar with Lovecraft. However, I have seen and heard of this unfortunate human condition being played out a number of times before. If you are asking me if I think that your first thought is twisted, that God had punished the wickedness (of the senior Lovecraft) right out of the world, then my answer is no.

There are many who perceive such causes and effects as "punishment" from God because God (through the writings inspired by the Holy Spirit) warned us about not participating in this type of behavior under the penalty of death. However, I believe that it was our merciful God who was actaully warning mankind against participating in certain indiscretions which could, by virtue of natural biological and physical law (not punitive law), lead to disease and death... not only for the first generation that did not heed God's warning, but also for future generations.

Make sense?

13. Flash Registered Senior Member

Truestory,
    No, I do not mean that I only prayed once.
    I was just going through some crap..nothing
    really big or bad...anyway, I didn't take
    the message to mean anything...I didn't
    take the message to be from anyone..actually,
    I thought it was funny.

14. truestory Registered Senior Member

Ha! Well, you know what they say, Flash... sometimes laughter IS the best medicine!

15. Flash Registered Senior Member

This is true TS LOL

16. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Here's another question I have for Lori, or whoever might be able to offer an explanation. Why was it prophesied in Isaiah 7:14 that the name of the Christ child born of the virgin would be Immanuel? But in Luke 2:21, it says the child was called "JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb"? This is terribly confusing for me, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?

17. Flash Registered Senior Member

hmmmmmmmmm... That is a very good question
    Searcher. I know that it is suppose to
    be translated meaning God with us.
    Certainly puts a twist on things doesn't it?

18. Lori Registered Senior Member

Truestory,

Help me with the scripture. You seem a lot more familiar with it than I do. I can't ever quote any because I can never remember where I read it. So if you see a topic that I'm talking about that you can back up, or supplement with some scripture, that would be great.

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Searcher--

I'm not the brightest when it comes to my old languages. While I might, on any given day, be able to recite the names of the ten sephira, I can't tell you exactly about a word like Immanuel.

But I recall that my Lutheran pastor taught us as children that the word means "God is here" or something to that effect (I do not know the exact phrase), so that by naming the child Immanuel in prophecy, the prophet speaks of the nature of the embodiment of God in Jesus.

However, where my ancient languages get even worse is when I must confess that, as far as I know, "Jesus" is simply a name.

Does anyone know what the word Jesus meant before it was given to the Son of God?

thx,
    Tiassa

------------------

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Truestory ...

Thanx for the kind reply. So far as this aspect of the topic is concerned, I think I'm in agreement on your key points. I'm trying to work out the next stage in how this relates to my own approach, but I think at this stage to take this part of it any farther might warrant its own topic. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to ask THAT question without ruffling a number of people's feathers unnecessarily. Right now I seem to have spiraled down to the same question we've beaten ourselves silly over now ... the difference between the individuals and the institutions. Like I said, if I ever figure out how to ask the question....

thx,
    Tiassa

------------------

21. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

According to a book called, "The Hidden Truth of Your Name", the Hebrew meaning of the name "Jesus" is "the Lord is salvation", and is a variant of the earlier Hebrew name, "Joshua". It shows the name "Manuel", of which "Emanuel" or "Emmanuel" are variations, and it lists the meaning as "God is with us".

22. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Yes, there are many such interesting contradictions to be found all throughout the Bible. It is one huge puzzle, and apparently the prize goes to whoever can solve it!

I have another question for anyone who can answer it: Why does it say in John 1:18 that "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the father, he hath declared him", yet in Exodus 33:11, it clearly states, "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend"? (You might also recall that Moses and Jesus were seen talking together, as I mentioned in an earlier post - the plot thickens!)

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Searcher ...

Thanx for the research. I tend to think the definitions of the words might describe the difference between Immanuel/Jesus. Sort of "the promise of God's presence" v. "the presence of God's salvation", as such.

thx,
    Tiassa