Psychology of Conspiracy Theorists

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by James R, Feb 18, 2015.

1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Is there something wrong with you? You are so wound up you are falsly accusing me of lying? Geeze! Please show me where I lied.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If you are going to "read between the lines" when someone says something, be careful that you are actually reading something that is there.

Thank you.

That would depend on you showing he lied about something vs him showing evidence that his statement is true.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I did not lie, I did not even make a declarative statement, I asked a question for clarification!

So, MR are you going to retract your accusation or should you be infracted (is that even a word)?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yes, and it's much better than being infarcted.

origin likes this.
  8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE

II. Secrecy

1. The Klansman's pledge of secrecy pertains to all matters connected with the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

(a) He is sworn to keep solemnly secret the symbols of the order. This means that he will not disclose the signs, words, or grip.

(b) He is solemnly sworn to keep sacredly secret all information that he may receive concerning the order. The alien world is eager to learn all it can of the inner secrets and workings and plans of the organization. The Klansman who is enlightened as to these matters is obligated to keep his information both sacred and secret."===http://history.hanover.edu/courses/excerpts/227kkkmanual.html

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

By the way you are talking about it, it sounds like every corporation in America is a giant conspiracy... as they have secrets as well, ranging from industrial secrets, manufacturing specifics, classified materials, etc...

In fact, YOU and I are conspiracies... after all, we have secrets... or do you give your bank account information, SSN, and other such personal information to just anyone who asks?

You, literally, seem to be equating "secrets" with "conspiracies"... not everyone/everything that has a secret is a conspiracy... you DO understand that, right?

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"conspiracy:
    noun, plural conspiracies.
    the act of conspiring.
    an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
    a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose:
    He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
    Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud,or other wrongful act.
    any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspiracy

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Congratulations, you are able to copy-pasta from a dictionary on the internet.

The problem arises in that you keep talking about 'secrets' as though having them instantly creates a conspiracy... just because the KKK keeps some stuff secret, for example, it doesn't mean that they ARE a "secret organization".

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Ku Klux Klan
    [kluhks klan]
    Spell Syllables
    noun
    1. a secret organization in the southern U.S., active for several yearsafter the Civil War, which aimed to suppress the newly acquired powersof blacks and to oppose carpetbaggers from the North, and which wasresponsible for many lawless and violent proceedings.

2. Official name Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. a secret organization inspired by the former, founded in 1915 and active in the southern andother parts of the U.S., directed against blacks, Catholics, Jews, andthe foreign-born."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ku klux klan

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Please cite your sources, for starters.

If they wish to consider themselves "secret", that's all well and good... but they are anything but; their motives and goals are publicly broadcast and common knowledge... so in terms of secrecy, they have failed utterly.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I did cite my source. Look again..

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I apologize - I saw the link for the word origin and missed the actual link underneath - what is with the "word origin" link btw? seems to try to link to something here at SciForums... when you click it it gives a "page could not be found" error.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Doctor's offices? Giant conspiracies, since they conspire keep patient information confidential even when you really want to know what your girlfriend went in for! Schools? Again conspiracies, because they won't release all their records on that kid who threatened to beat up your kid. It's getting so you can't go anywhere without finding a new conspiracy.

17. Bells Staff Member

What a shame you leave out the rest from that link, where they discuss what they do and why..

And once again, you still ignore the fact that they held public lectures about their aims all over the place and why around 50,000 of the men and women of the Klan from all over the US marched down the street in Washington with all of their faces showing, and why they would often march through small towns with their faces showing.

They held several of such huge rallies, MR.

They were a secret group who operated in plain sight for all to see, everyone knew who they were, what they stood for and who they hated and wanted to destroy. Which makes them not so secret any more.

In small towns, they never hid their hatred of minorities. At lynchings, they would often pose with the people they had lynched, grinning into the camera.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"He is solemnly sworn to keep sacredly secret all information that he may receive concerning the order. The alien world is eager to learn all it can of the inner secrets and workings and plans of the organization. The Klansman who is enlightened as to these matters is obligated to keep his information both sacred and secret."===http://history.hanover.edu/courses/excerpts/227kkkmanual.html

"The KKK was a secret organization; apart from a few top leaders the members never revealed their membership and wore masks in public. Investigators in the 1920s used KKK publicity, court cases, exposés by disgruntled Klansman, newspaper reports, and speculation to write stories about what the Klan was doing."===http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

So obviously I'm right. When they were out on their night runs lynching and burning churches and crosses in people's front yards, they were hooded. Nobody knew who they were. And nobody knew who they'd target next or how. Their operations were a secret to outsiders and to their victims. And that's the nature of conspiracies:

"conspiracy:
    noun, plural conspiracies.
    1. the act of conspiring.
    2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
    3.a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose."===http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspiracy

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  19. Bells Staff Member

Except their intention and aims were never secret.

Everyone knew what they stood for and what they were about. If they saw them running around or riding around with their torches, they knew what their aim was and what their intentions were.

In other words, seeing a bunch of white hooded figures running around screaming racist and bigoted slogans, no one assumed or believed they were just going out for a picnic. Everyone knew exactly what they were doing and why.

They didn't hide the organisation, nor did they hide their aims, their principles or what they stood for and against.

Everyone knew they hated blacks and openly harassed, bullied, prejudiced against, attacked and killed blacks.
    Everyone knew they hated Jews and openly harassed, bullied, prejudiced against, attacked and killed Jews.
    Everyone knew they hated Catholics and openly harassed, bullied, prejudiced against, attacked and killed Catholics.
    Everyone knew they hated women who dared to try to break out of stereotype of what women were supposed to be and they would attack and sometimes kill white women who appeared to act in a way that went against their beliefs of what women should do.
    Everyone knew they hated anyone who supported any of the above and yes, would harass, bully, were prejudiced against and attacked and killed anyone they viewed as sympathisers against what they perceived as their white right.

This was never secret.

That is what you cannot seem to grasp about this issue.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It is how they intimidated, by operating so openly, with the white privilege that they enjoyed, they told all they stood against that they could do whatever the hell they wanted without sanction.

This kind of rubbish is not hiding.

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

You can't see the face of the man on the far left. Therefore it is a conspiracy.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Just because you know the overall aim of a conspiracy doesn't suddenly make it any less a conspiracy. The KKK's plans and their operations were kept secret as I've already proven. Who they'd target next or how was kept secret. How they'd blackmail businesses and rig elections. All of this was kept secret. That's why they wore masks, as I've more than abundantly pointed out. It's obvious you have nothing left to argue. You have been totally proven wrong. The KKK was a secret conspiracy whose members hid in secret and performed their atrocities in secret under cover of night. This is historical fact. And this is why they were a conspiracy as defined by the dictionary. Why don't you just admit you were wrong instead of repeating the same false claims over and over?

22. Bells Staff Member

Yep. So secretive that they hold large public rallies and discuss what their aim is and what they want..

I am not the one posting false claims.

Your own images show just how they didn't commit their crimes and proclaim for one and all what they wanted and stood for in secret. Nor were their lynchings and cross burnings secrets. They made sure everyone knew about it. It was why the crosses were so bloody big and why they would lynch people from trees and in parks that were prominent.

It was also why they rode and marched down the street at night screaming out racist slogans while holding up burning torches, so that every one could see them. Not secret.

They even had signs up all over the place, warning white people to join them or risk harm.

Nothing about what they did and how they did it was secret.

Everything about the KKK was that it was so visible and everyone knew who they were, what they stood for and what their aims and goals were.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

They did all that cross burning and horse riding thru the backroads with cushioned hooves and lynching with their hoods on late into the night. You know, when nobody is awake? That's called "in secret". Nobody knew their identities. Nobody could trace the deeds to any particular person. You know this. I know this. And history backs me up. End of story.

"The KKK was a secret organization; apart from a few top leaders the members never revealed their membership and wore masks in public. Investigators in the 1920s used KKK publicity, court cases, exposés by disgruntled Klansman, newspaper reports, and speculation to write stories about what the Klan was doing."===http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan