Purest H2O

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by lixluke, Jun 7, 2006.

1. perplexity Banned Banned

Chameleon.

---

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that's the reason why Penta isn't sold in the UK anymore due to those unprovable mentions. However, it's still the best damned water I've ever tried and that's all that matters to me.

- N

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

According to their rediculous website, they claim that Penta is the purest water available in a bottle. Then, they proceed to claim that it is not water, but a new form of matter. If it is not H2O that comes out after their 11hr process, what the hell is it?
    http://www.pentawater.com/what.shtml

They constantly compare their water to spring and miniral water which everybody knows is not pure, but never say anything about how it compares to distilled. Probably because it might not be as clean as distilled. Furthermore, they fire radioactive ultravoilet rays at it.

I'd like to sell bottled pure H2O. Bottled water that is actually nothing but H2O . I bet millions of people will buy it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I bet NIST could make 100% water? Hell, they made a 100% air tight seal (like an inch or two wide plate of titanium) for the Declaration of Independance and the Consistution.

8. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Like millions of people buy cigarettes?

9. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Exactly like that, the milions of people who think (baselessly) that "pure" water is better for you than mineral water

10. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Pardon?
    Whilst i agree with the rest of your post, I just want to check whether you are or arent going over the top for effect.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Figure of speech.

It is pure meaning there is no contaminants in it.

12. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

ok i've read this thread long enough without saying something about it

It seems to me that living a sterile existence will harm you Immune System. How does the human body fight a common cold? how does it fight things like the Flu, Viruses or even Herpes?

When you contract a virus, disease or other medical condition, your body naturally fixes itself through its own mechanisms (doesn't hurt to help it with antibiotics and other Vitamins and minerals). Subsequently when this happens your immune system grows stronger.
    If you avoid getting these medical conditions your body doesn't get the same exposure and doesn't get the opportunity to grow stronger. What happens when you get a cold or even the Flu when you have a weak immune system?

Its a form of AIDS if you want to think about it. Or maybe just IDS

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Your body needs NATURAL vitamins, minerals and bacteria found in food and water. Denying yourself half of the vessels you get vitamins, minerals and bacteria (aka water) just makes your immune system suffer.

Without blowing my own horn or sounding egotistical, I am fit, healthy, am able to complete the Army's Combat Fitness Assessment easily and i drink tap water and spring water while daily i eat 3 meals consisting usually of Meat and 3 Veg (except breakfast where i usually have cereal to help my daily fibre intake). I get all my daily needs from those sources. Why deny yourself a vital part of healthy living? Just because it isn't Pure? Clean? Your definitions of Pure and Clean in this case a sorely misguided. If you want to drink distilled water then its at your own detriment

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Yea, I can saw drinking at least 40 oz of mountain dew every day, almost no water, and little food (any of which is junk food) hasn't helped me at all. I take vitamins, but I doubt that it is helping anything.

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Minerals are not contaminanats, they are essential to your health. Good grief, are you OCD or something? Do you hoover the floor and dust the cieling at 4am to get rid of contaminants?

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

If something is not pure, it is because it is contaminated with something.
    O2 gas is not pure O2 gas unless it is 100% O2 gas in a contianer of O2 gas only. The same thing with helium, and many other molecules.
    Salt is not pure salt unless it is 100% Sodium Chloride NaCl.
    A container of 100% pure H2O has nothing else in it except for pure H2O.

Your diet does not make you fit and healthy. Exercise is healthy. Army food is anything but healthy. It keeps mindless soldiers functioning physically strong to be mindless soldiers, but is anything but real healthy food.
    Drinking less pure water will not necessarily make you an unhealthy person per say. Drinking purer water, however, would be better than less pure water.

Take gasoline in a car for example. Sure gasoline that is only minutely dirty might keep your car running well. But pure clean gasoline can be better. Not that it is absolutely necessary. You will have no problems using gasoline that is only minutely dirty.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So do you think you'd be better off breathing pure 02 as well as drinking pure H20? Try it and then think again when your lungs are burnt out.
    Mindless soldiers? Bwahaha. Get real.
    Define "pure gasoline". No octanes, no anti-detonation additives, no cleaning additives?

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

No but I'm sure you do.

Yes. Mindless.

18. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Very true
    It helps, as does exercise. If one ate nothing but McDonalds and exercised regualrly, he would be in a worse state of health than someone who ate a balanced diet and exercised regularly
    Wrong. The minerals in mineral water are beneficial to your health.
    Stop using the minerals=dirt analogy, it's not like that. Minerals are good for you. They are not dirt. Mineral water is better for you than 100% pure H20

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily. Minirals are separate entities from water. You can either mix them into the water, or take them separately. Either way, it all mixes up when it gets into your body.

Purer water is healthier because it doesn't have any random minirals in it.
    Minirals are healthier when either added properly to the pure water you drink. Or consumed alone, and washed down with pure water. Miniral water, tap water, and any water with random particles in them is perfectly fine, nice, and healthy. Pure water is even better.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Then you obviously didn't read the sentence after that.
    A synonym for "not thinking the way you do" in your new dictionary? In other words: arrant nonsense.

21. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Well obviously i've got more of a mind than you, i understand how the human body works and what benefits it, so before you go insulting every soldier and officer out there in the Armed forces of the world, start getting facts like health and how your body works down pat

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It doesn't matter how healthy something is, ultimately if you eat and drink right, combined with healthy physical activity then thats all you need.

You my good friend might eat healthy, but drinking distilled water is the equivalant of eating food that has no health benefits what so ever. No salts, no minerals, no nothing... how can that be healthy? It seems drinking all that distilled water has already started affecting you...

22. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Do you realize that as soon as you pop the lid off of your distilled water that it meets regular dust/dirt, mold, ect... particles in the air prior to hitting your mouth. As it hits your mouth, it encounters germs, bacteria, and tid bits of minerals from deposits of toothpaste, foods, sugars, ect... prior to entering into your body. Then you put the lid back on your distilled water with some of those particles that entered while the lid was off. thus contaminating your pure water. Give those particles some time in the distilled water to mix in good and then pop the lid off for some more and same thing happens.

If you are saying that
    People who drink purer water are healthier, than you are wasting your time. There are so many other variables about ones dietary makeup to consider.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

No need. I already know you are a troll.
    Go badger elsewhere while real scientists discuss H2O.

I can see you're an expert at it.