Purpose of Life

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Hermann, Sep 14, 2005.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

Can that Dawkins selfish DNA propagate without the cell's machinery ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

IMHO, YOURS (soul) may be (superfluous) . . . . MINE is not!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

If you have one that is and the chances are remote at best.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, RNA can. DNA needs more "help."

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You mean the machinery that the DNA made in the first place? What's your point. Did you even read the book? I doubt it.

9. timojin Valued Senior Member

Question here becomes . Did the DNA made the machinery , You have to have a closed system the DNA will make something , otherwise the product will flow away .
    As far Dawkins I am not impressed, He published a bible for atheists so they will have something to defend their position . Than he made money now he is at rest.

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Did we get an answer to the question as to what is the physical make up of the soul?
    The soul is presented by Tim as real and I wonder what it is made from..electrons? mythatrons? Clearly it can't be dark matter or if we are asked to accept such then the advocates of the existence of a soul must be able to describe dark matter better than the scientists who are researching dark matter.
    Does it have a mass?
    How does it store information?
    Is there any real evidence of a soul other than mere belief that it exists?
    Alex

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

The difference is that my beliefs are consistent with what we know of the universe. Many of yours are not . It puzzles me that you make a deliberate choice of ignorance.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

RNA made the machinery, DNA then took advantage of that machinery.
    You don't have to be impressed. There are plenty of other texts out there that say the same thing if you have a personal dislike of one author.

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

I believe I said the universe is composed of components of a finite amount of matter according " to the scientists who are researching dark matter". therefore : since the finite matter is spread through the universe it is here to. The so called Dark matter nor the Dark energy have not been physically nor chemically identified , so we don't know what it is. The effect if the Dark matter, is lensing , but the effect have been shown on astronomical scale . In reference to soul, effect could life and death in our lives.

So your question is what is the soul made of, the answer is God's particle same as Dark matter, can we prove it , check at CERN the energy required .
    " Is there any real evidence of a soul other than mere belief that it exists " From the believer stand point yes , from a nonbeliever probable not.

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

Yes, I don't know every thing

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

You might a Ribosome to ensemble the protein, otherwise your amino acids will just float around .
    Don't misunderstand me I believe in evolution , we have discussed Genesis before.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes.

17. timojin Valued Senior Member

If talk Histone the proteine that packs the DNA I am not to sure .

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

Scripps recently created a single piece of RNA that replicates itself without ribosomes.

19. timojin Valued Senior Member

Ok does make any other units beside duplicating itself ? And the other question: did they put together some nucleotides , a complete new RNA. did they get nucleotides from natural sources
    is not important is a great work.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

English, please.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Pick one

gods particle

or

Dark Matter

Or may be third option bit of both

I flew to CERN to ask

They told me they was not looking for the soul but they would keep an eye out in case it appeared

They lost interest when I couldn't tell them what to look for or what the power settings should be set at

Great news

Real evidence exists

I'm a believer

Please provide such real evidence

Oh wait I'm a non believer so I probably won't believe real evidence

Oh wait again

How does real evidence decide if I am a believer or non believer?

Sounds like a brother of Alternative Facts

We have

real evidence believed by believers

and

Altenative real evidence not believed by non believers

From a non believer certainly not

Because like the soul real evidence does not exist

22. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I did not claim that I know everything. I did not even claim that I know more than you. I claimed that my beliefs are consistent with what we, the human species, have determined about the universe. In contrast some of your beliefs are contradicted by the evidence. The evidence has been presented to you. You have rejected it, apparently because it conflicts with your beliefs.

While this is very human, it is not logical, rational, or sensible.

23. timojin Valued Senior Member

Look I believe in GOD ,in the Holy spirit , and in Yahshua. for me they are real, Probably for you they are not real. I believe in scientific work ( science ) , we might not rationalize all scientific theory the same way, but we have to understand that the theory leads into a direction that we want to apply based on our background. Remember we look on an event from a different direction .