Quanity over Quality

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by NightFall, Jan 22, 2003.

1. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i know i dont have too much room to talk. but.. does anyone else know what im talking about?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

If it makes you feel better, yes. :m:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

My Mom used to always say, "it's quality, not quantity that counts."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"It's not the quantity that counts,
    But quality instead.
    It's not a multitude of words
    But a spoken word well said."
    -Unknown

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

At least among Thor, Avatar and I...we're all in a little bit of a secret contest. Stryderunknown was involved but he seems to have left the premises. Avatar's got me beat, and thor seems to be trying.

9. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Re: Quantity over Quality

Well, you could be actually talking about anything in this world that you feel it can be relate to Quantity & Quality. You could privately tell me what’s in your mind!

In the meantime, I will like to guess that a good blend between those two attributes will be the ideal thing or condition or desire. Difficult, and that’s
    why we spend our lives trying to get a good balance among them.
    ….am I warm?

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Drag up the past why don't you!!!

Woah woah woah....woah!! Goofy, that was almost, what, 4 or 5 months ago. I've matured alot since then!!

Awoo, it's quality not quantity. A sentence can have as much impact on a discussion as an essay.

And Pollux, the contest doesn't mean alot to me, it's just good to see you squirm a lil

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

It was humor dude - don't get your undies all in a bunch!

:m: Peace.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Hee hee, I know dude

It's all good, I love you still!!

13. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I don't usually put my two cents in unless I know enough to participate in a discussion, or learn something that interests me. So, I guess quality.

14. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

..and, sometimes i will even put in a whole dime's worth...

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Quality over Quantity?

Of course I know what your talking about! It isnt race, and its most definently not a game... I find that half of mine are of good quality, the others I could do without.

16. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I am trying not to post unneccesarily nowadays. You might notice my monotonous tedium with which I post ... remember when I used to be happy and hyperactive?

'Course, I'm guilty of wanting more posts (verging on the almighty 2000 now!), and I got a couple off threads like 3 Word Story. But I've stopped. Need to keep myself in check by dullification.

Today's new word: Dullify. Remember kids, only you can start forest fires.

_blusol% :m:

17. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I thought that we were talking about friends!

18. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

What do you mean?

Whose friends? (sorry, am tired ... )

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Blue, read my previous post....

20. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Argh..something is wrong with me. I read and reread the posts but nothing makes sense... Could you dumb it down for me? I am very stupid right now. Or maybe I was always this retarded. meh. don't care anymore...

[attach disclaimer]
    If I have offended [insert name here] in any way, shape, or form, I am sorry. Blame it on my increasing lethargy due to lack of sleep.[/disclaimer]

21. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ok ill spell it out.

actually, i wasn't referring to the amount of posts that we make. simple becuase, if we didn't post, whats the point in oming back to read it? .. my point was actually the new members. i know alot of you will disagree with me.. but.. this is.. well.. terrible.

every day there are 10 new poeople with names such as TheresTwoHolesInTheCarpet and KissMeCuzImSugar. and i know i dont have the highest maturity level, and my posts really arn't oozing with intelligence, but i trey to respect the areas of those that have been here way before me, and i try to stick the way that those people, mainly dave and the mods would want this site to be run.

i think that sciforums has a different feel than most other forums, and that is why we all keep coming back here. however, when 5 or ten new people sign up in one day and start posting rediculous posts one after another after another, they are taking away from what makes sciforums such a wonderful place.

my quantity over quality was refering to the users, rather than the posts they make. i know that sciforums has been hoping to get more posters to add to the intellect pool. unfortunatley, i think that while you are getting all the new faces like you wanted you are going to be a bit dissapointed with the lack of intelligence that was supposed to come along with them.

sorry for spelling errors, i tried to keep them down since it was such a long post. well, for me anyway.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Nightfall,

I know too well what you are referring to. I could go drag out thread after thread of nonsense but to what purpose?

Some of the more "dumber" do get comments from me. I have also noticed that goofyfish tends to speak up about such. I think if the members in general spoke up on such the climate of sciforums would definately change. These are your forums too.

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

NightFall, I know how you feel. It'll be okay.