Quotes to remember

“November is chill, frosted mornings with a silver sun rising behind the trees, red cardinals at the feeders, and squirrels running scallops along the tops of the gray stone walls.”
— Jean Hersey

gslc05C.jpg

“After all that I'd been through, after all that I'd learned and all that I'd been given, I was going to do what I had been doing every day for the last few years now: just show up and do the best that I could do with whatever lay in front of me.”
― Michael J. Fox, Lucky Man

"There are only three things you need to let go of : judging, controlling, and being right. Release these three and you will have the whole mind and twinkly heart of a child."---Hugh Prather

“I declare that The Beatles are mutants. Prototypes of evolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species, a young race of laughing freemen.”
― Timothy Leary

1aiF2R1.jpg

“It’s stranger than every strangeness
And the dreams of all the poets
And the thoughts of all the philosophers,
That things are really what they seem to be
And there’s nothing to understand.”
― Alberto Caeiro, The Keeper of Sheep

“I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give.”
― Thomas Jefferson, Letters of Thomas Jefferson

Everything's better with bacon!!

qYG9La4.jpg

Last edited:
FYI:
"If you take the deepest image ever created of the distant Universe, the Hubble eXtreme Deep Field, and extrapolate over the whole sky, you'd estimate there were ~170 billion galaxies in the observable Universe. A detailed theoretical simulation predicted far more faint, small galaxies than we've seen, upping the expected total to closer to 2 trillion. But recent observational evidence shows that even that estimate is far too low. Instead, there are between 6 and 20 trillion galaxies out there. Carl Sagan's "billions and billions" was far too low of a guess."--- https://bigthink.com/starts-with-a-bang/galaxies-in-universe/

IgP3cCx.jpg

Last edited:
"It was November, the month of
crimson sunsets, parting birds,
deep, sad hymns of the sea,
passionate wind-songs in the
pines.

Anne roamed through the
pineland alleys in the park and,
as she said, let that great
sweeping wind blow the fogs
out of her soul."
1f342.png
L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

v3vONlx.jpg

“When he was dry, he believed it was alcohol he needed, but when he had a few drinks in him, he knew it was something else, possibly a woman; and when he had it all -- cash, booze, and a wife -- he couldn't be distracted from the great emptiness that was always falling through him and never hit the ground.”
― Denis Johnson

cgocX0Y.jpg

Last edited:
“Well, I don't use the toilet much to pee in. I almost always pee in the yard or the garden, because I like to pee on my estate. ”
― Iggy Pop

FCa7bzt.jpg

FCa7bzt.jpg

“Civilization advances by extending the number of important operations which we can perform without thinking of them. ”
― Alfred North Whitehead

"I could never have dreamt that there were such goings-on
in the world between the covers of books,
such sandstorms and ice blasts of words,
such staggering peace, such enormous laughter,
such and so many blinding bright lights,
splashing all over the pages
in a million bits and pieces
all of which were words, words, words,
and each of which were alive forever
in its own delight and glory and oddity and light."
-- Dylan Thomas

"I knew that the strings of coincidences suddenly fluttering around me during the course of that week, after months of absence, were the Sublime's way of communicating anonymously through the machinery of the world. But I felt no joy or great sense of revelation from them. The Transcendent was either a cryptologist or a wellspring of alien reasoning. Or just a monkey playing with the controls." -- Fran Spenser, There Are No Strip Clubs In Bridgecaster

76wNcUZ.jpg

“We know that attention acts as a lightning rod. Merely by concentrating on something one causes endless analogies to collect around it, even penetrate the boundaries of the subject itself: an experience that we call coincidence, serendipity – the terminology is extensive. My experience has been that in these circular travels what is really significant surrounds a central absence, an absence that, paradoxically, is the text being written or to be written.”
― Julio Cortázar, Around the Day in Eighty Worlds

“Where are the people?” resumed the little prince at last. “It’s a little lonely in the desert…” “It is lonely when you’re among people, too,” said the snake.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Vt8Ft5J.jpg

“The gods that we've made are exactly the gods you'd expect to be made by a species that's about half a chromosome away from being chimpanzee.”--Christopher Hitchens

DCrMSr8.jpg

Donald Trump

He told the audience: “There’s a man — Viktor Orban — anybody ever hear of him? He’s probably, like, one of the strongest leaders anywhere in the world,” Trump said, adding, “He’s the leader of Turkey.

Back