Reality T.V. Love it or hate it

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by haircutter, Jun 3, 2014.

1. haircutter Registered Member

I really enjoy some of the reality shows. My favorites are Survivor and Big Brother.
    It is really entertaining to see how a bunch of strangers react to each other and how they become so different than they really are, when money is involved.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I stopped watching live tv when it came on. So in uk that was 2000, or 2001 or so. So for me, i have never watched one episode of reality tv. So i hate the idea of it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. haircutter Registered Member

That is too bad. I think you might enjoy it if you watched a couple of shows...............Maybe not!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

I never got the lure of watching people I don't know interact with each other. Why would I be interested? Then again, I don't get why people are so interested in the private lives of celebrities. Sure, there are some entertainers that I like, but I like them for what they do as an entertainer, I couldn't care less about what they do in their personal life.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

I prefer just watching how a bunch of strangers react to each other in real life. Say, at a local brewpub, a STEM fair or on a bike ride. Call me crazy.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I've never watched even one minute of any Reality show. Just from seeing the ad clips of the shows makes it clear that there's NO "reality" involved. It's just like wrestling (the professional type) in that it's all scripted and done with several re-takes. In other words, it's a fake all the way through.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've seen a few of them but only for a few minutes because they weren't really well done and I could see that it was staged many times not true "reality".

11. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I hate them because they're stupid and cruel and take away people's dignity. They were invented so that 'Hollywood' wouldn't have to pay scriptwriters. I agree with those above who say they are staged as well. Think: some guy in a jungle survival reality show has a foot infection, fever and is starving. Isn't the camera crew right there? Can't they get on the mobile and call in help? Oh, they could, but he'd lose his $100,000! It's just sick!

And they pick these people who have purportedly been survivalists and eagle scouts in their past 50 incarnations on Earth, and then they do stupid shit that even a city boy like me knows you never ever do, like drink muddy water from a hole, or stand around in the rain instead of seeking cover. Why don't they just make for the pick up point on the first day when they're strong, set up a shelter, make a fire, eat bugs, worms and whatever else thay find, and think about how easy winning that prize is going to be?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I like the ones that show real people working like "Deadliest Catch", you can't script drama like that. Also the gold mining shows.

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Now that I can go along with.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Those 2 are also my favorts... plus Chef Ramseys 3 shows.!!!

Which of those reality shows is this line from:::

"Bitchin in the kitchen".???

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

My newest favort tv show is "Good Wife"

I liked "Arrow" for a while but it turned to mush

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Did you like the Allen Funt show "Candid Camera".???

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I like reality shows, but I'm fed up with all the hillbilly redneck shows on the cable channels. Hillbillies living in Alaska. Hillbillies hunting alligators. Hillbillies with funny kids. Hillbillies hunting ghosts and monsters. Hillbillies making moonshine. Obviously there's a demand for making fun of people stupider than yourself. That's why such shows succeed. I think it's crap TV. Give me a good PBS documentary any day over crap like that.

18. serenesam Registered Senior Member

I used to be a big fan of reality shows but not so much anymore...it is getting boring...the only reality show worth watching is Big Brother....

19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

hate it.

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Maybe our world is someone else's reality show.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I dont have cable... but ive seen a couple of clips of "Honey Boo Boo" on YOU Tube... which was kinda pitiful an reminds me of the naborhood i grew up in... an ive seen "Dog the Bounty Hunter" advertized an it ant for me... nether is the cop show (Bad Boys Bad Boys) whare they arrest pitiful people whos lives are about to become even more pitiful.!!!

When i was a kid i was at a nabors house an a 7 year old boy was pokin a open safety pin at a 3 year old little girl makin her cry an none of the adults woud stop it... they jus ignored it :shrug:

The daddy of this clan never changed the oil in his car he jus kept addin more an it prolly burned more oil than gas... but he woud get the oil for free from a barrel out back of a gas station... it was the used oil from oil changes the station had done... an when ever you saw a cloud of black smoke goin down the road you knew who it was

They were frindly people who woud share ther free goverment cheese... an when Dick the Bruiser was wrestlin on tv you coud hear Granmaw screamin/cheerin him on a block away

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Honey Boo Boo reminds you of where you grew up?
    How?

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ignorance bein bliss.!!!