Respect is a modern luxury

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by gendanken, Aug 3, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Oh, well, I do beg your pardon good sir. It almost seemed that you were defending my honor. A thousand apologies. Here have a bloody cat. I'll kill another to juggle with.

Seems like Gangy is too much of a coward to respond anyway. She knows I'm fucking right. Twisted bitch.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Liar.
    Respect me or fuck off.
    All you did was barf up a reply, you fucking bulimic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

She said as she ran away.

Interesting that she didn't even have a single word to say to me. My god! I almost feel that in some sick and twisted fashion I've earned her respect.

So that was it then? You just wanted me to turn and bite? And if I choose to bite and never forgive? Do you even care? Would you even fucking miss me for a single fucking instant?

Cold. Cold and alone. This is the future I see for precious Gangy. Always with her tests.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

How does what I read relate to respecting you?

8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

We all have our faults wes, and I think the fact you would find killing truthseeker "traumatic" is yours.
    To me, having that memory carved into my brain would be delightfull. Very very pleasant. I'd artificially implant it if I could (Have you seen the photo of him? geeze)
    If I were to actually do it now, worrying myself silly about "justice"(sic) catching up with me ofcourse would not be pleasant at all. It would totally ruin the experience. If this crazy society didn't constantly have that threat looming over our heads, I'd kill truthseeker and thousands of others like him. And I'd love every second of it.
    See, I actually, at the very core of my being, disagree with the contention that everyone has a right to life. It would be impossible for me to feel bad afterwards because it would be all too easy for me to justify those actions to myself. I feel bad about not killing truthseekers. I feel as though i'm letting earth, humanity and most of all MYSELF, down. The fact i have to justify not-killing him with "I'm scared of prison" also doesn't do wonders for my sense of self worth.
    Modern human society is like our controlling husband, he keeps us safe and puts food on the table, but we can't BE anything.
    I think you're mistaken that you would be traumatised. If you aren't, if it actually would bother you personally to kill truthseeker then you have something wrong with you, and it should be looked into.
    The human being is built to be a murderer. Murdering is part of the lifestyle that we, in body and mind, are built specifically to live. We just aren't allowed to be what we are anymore, we've been domesticated. You can say to yourself that you're choosing to act the way you are for the good of humanity, but its not true, you're forced to act that way. You've been whipped up onto a stool and told to sit there or you'll get a thrashing. We're all societies trembling bitch, and I find it unfortunate.

9. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Pardon, but I'm an empath and power seekers kind of gross me out so I simply couldn't do it unless I had to. It would be a negative thing for me.

Yeah well justice has little to do with anything. To me it's uhm... emotional. I simply don't want to kill because I don't want to be killed.

I wonder, but I'll take you at your word.

I know Lou. One of the main differences between our perspectives is that I have a loyalty to my species. You don't. That's cool I guess unless it were to put you at a risk to me, which I doubt. If you were to proceed with your killing of the truthseeking morons, I might partially think it relieving but I would probably consider you too great of a risk to allow your continued freedom. Once you started killing folks, I think I'd have a hard time believing you when you said who you were going to kill next. Once you were done with them, you'd surely eventually get around to people I care about.

Says your pathetic attitude. If you think being a warrior is the only thing to be, join the military or the CIA or whatever. Otherwise, you might consider putting your considerable intellect to work for something besides violent fantasies, you sick bastard. Hehe. When you say "BE" you invoke value. My values allow me to BE a LOT and I haven't killed anyone. You will think that is pathetic as long as you only value power. Otherwise, exactly what would you be? A killer of truthseekers? How valiant. That's about as valiant and skinning cats for fun.

LOL. So says the sociopath wannabe. You're a twisted fucker Lou. Charming though, and hallarious.

Also a mother, father, lover, priest and on and on ad infinitum. Generally a murderer is considered one of the last things a human should be, but there is a time and place for all things I suppose. I would murder you in a hearbeat if I felt certain you were going to attempt to murder me.

Built? Invoking deities are we? I don't think mother nature "built" us. We simpy are, for whatever reason we choose to believe. You can argue that the wild spawned us to cull it if you'd like, or that murder is as natural as eating a meal. I'll laugh at you every time. Murder is natural, and so is society's ability to quell your activity.

How is domesticated not natural when we do it to ourselves and we are part of nature?

If the laws were lifted tomorrow I'd buy a firearm to protect myself, but I wouldn't go start murdering people - I'm sure of it. I am not forced. I could go murder a whole bunch of people before I got caught if I wanted to and then go murder more in prison, or continue if I didn't get caught. I simply have no desire to do so. I don't value death except when it's necessary. When at all possible (which is pretty much all the time), I embrace life.

You must think I'm some little bitch?

Ah, you do. Well brother... I'm not trembling. I hope you're not disspointed. I for one am actually pleased to be around for the possibility to be a smidge more than a murderous tribesman. I love my abstract fantasy world, and many of those who share theirs with me.

10. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

The essential difference between you and I in this matter is that I don’t think that dust is worthless. Humanity’s greatest vanity is that it thinks it is greater and more important than that which it is but a part of.

Just wondering what you’re after. From here it appears as if you are one who has never recovered from nihilism. “I am one, my liege, whom the vile blows and buffets of the world have so incensed that I am reckless what I do to spite the world.” Or maybe you're just pissed.

Why on Earth not? I’ll use what sources come to mind.

We all want something. Me, I’m curious by nature and easily amused.

That all depends upon why you garden.

I guess you’re saving it for someone you respect. Oh well.

So much fun. Christian’s are so easily dismayed.

Then by all means, speak your mind. Next time some one wishes you a good day, tell the scum sucker to fuck off and die. Because, that’s what’s really pissing you off, isn’t it? Not other people’s hypocrisy, but that you feel pressured into being a hypocrite.

May God keep you in the palm of his hand.

~Raithere

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Raithere:
    Not necessarily.
    I want you to simply see something without having you think its validation-
    The two boys on the bridge, one a good and one a bad, for fun throw a human dummy onto the highway below.
    The chaos of cars swerving out of the way, so fearful of running a human over at the cost of their own lives.
    One boy finds this strangely amusing, detached as if watching a caterpillar.
    The other boy- horrified.

The first boy our world labels evil. Why? An emotional coldness to human death or suffering seen as a fascination with the macabre- you see this as validation?

Wes:
    I deserve the same courtesy you show Bigbluhead.

Invert:
    Get off my ass, little boy. Whatsamata? Don't like being ignored?
    So people-starved you are, so polite, so needy.
    The balls a mole must have to be tugging on a lion's tail.
    You've mistaken 'tests' for pulling on your cowlick, Opie.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Oh. Is that your ass? I thought it was the world. And, no, I don't like being ignored. Maybe I overreacted a bit? Is that what you're trying to say? Shall I tell you what it was that pushed me over the edge? That which proved to me that despite my respect for you that you have none for me? Shall I?

It's based on your little theory, my dear Gendanken. Your theory on when you punch someone in the nose you get truth back as a consequence. You don't always get the whole truth. You don't always get a useful truth. But you do get a truth. And at times it is useful. And at times I wonder if it isn't the whole truth?

Here's the truth you got from me when punching me in the nose.

Now, you've just punched me in the nose and if this were our first conversation, I might just say fuck you, bitch. And move on. No need to listen to Gendanken's rudeness anymore (a path taken by many I might add). But, I have come to know you, I feel and I know your temperament. I am able to take your rudeness now and not be turned away by it. Why? I'd guess because because we have progressed into a form of loyalty. Where I can strike you and you can strike me and we can still maintain civil relations. We have progressed beyond such simplistic judgements of the other's self.

Here's the truth I got from you when punching you in the nose.

Earthworms were made to squirm.
    They, like you, were born spineless in order that people could crush them without cringing at the sound of crushed bone.

See the difference in there? The dichotomy of the statements? Hmm? You punch me and I say "Ok, bitch. Explain yourself." And what do you do? "You're nothing but a worm!"

Real fucking nice, eh?

Real fucking trooper, you are.

And then your reply of "Fuck you." to my comment on being here for your amusement merely reinforces the fact that that is precisely how you view me. And you won't even pay up. 5 bucks, bitch. Fork it over. I should charge more since I've taken up cat juggling. That's something you don't see everday, now is it?

So, I offer you my hand. I offer you the chance to apologize. And what do you do? Spit in my face. That's respect for you. Isn't it? Respect and a bag of chips. Oh yeah.

Oh yes! You deserve. Look at this ladies and gentlemen! Gendanken deserves respect. She doesn't dole it out but she sure wants to take it.

What I need is a swift kick in the ass for thinking you were really a decent person underneath that vicious exterior.

Big, huge balls. And soon to have another set as soon as I've removed yours.

I don't think so. You demand respect but offer none in return. You pull on 'cowlicks' but none may dare touch a hair on your precious head.

It will take one simple thing to clear this up. An apology. You to me. Then me to you. That's the way it works, my dear.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Since you don't like my juggling, I've found this for your amusement, my lady.

I hope it amuses more than I.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

"I deserve the same courtesy you show Bigbluhead."

While I still don't know what you mean, you should realize that I read at my own pace. I'll read the rest when I get to it. I was curious about my particular little tangent and not ready to delve deepy into whatever you and Vert are gong back and forth about. I may decide to read it at my convenience.

I have no idea how you can interpret that as lacking respect.

EDIT:

Oh, and please if you thought my retort to YOU, you know, the one where I was actually talking to YOU... was pukey, or shitty, or stupid... please feel free to demonstrate my errors.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  15. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Invert Nexus:
    See- I'll tell you what bites in all this.
    That you, a slow, insolent slut, would be asking for a truth when I fucking know it would squash you like the ant you are.
    You don't even see you're only a go-between.
    You don't even see your presence here is gratuitous.
    You don't even see yourself for the needy, humble, parasite that you are, fucking cannibal.

Where *would* you be without people, little boy, all talk and no game?
    Pathetic vermin, a little Hermes buzzing around like a fly among gods.
    Kindly remove yourself and stick thy kerykeion up your colon.

Not as much as I'd giggle at you frying in my hell for being a presumptious shit.

Wes:
    Lies.

In that case:
    One:
    Using a man's handicap as a vehicle for promotion is not respect. Its pandering.
    The politically correct only aggravate one's apathy for humanity.
    Differences are too usually used as excuses.

LIAR!!
    I deserve more than the scarps you have given me.
    I deserve the same time and effort you vouchsafe to Bigbluehead.
    I am entitle to inspire, provoke, and influence you in the same manner that man does you.

The black annis when listening to her victims would look on their eyes and knees since she knows men say one thing but do another.

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Asking for a truth? I don't remember asking. I made a test and you offered your truth. I demanded the truth and you gave it. By your own law. Now you seek to renege on your truth. Would you deny your law now? Is it not truth that follows a punch in the nose?

Go-between? Between you and what? A beast and humanity? The beast and the overman? Remember, Gendanken, as Nietzsche say its "A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous shuddering and stopping." And I believe him. I've constantly tried to explain this to you and you've taken it as weakness. As spinelessness. You need a tightrope walker as your go-between, Gendanken. And you had one. What will you do now?

Something like a tip you give the waiter when he brings your third helping of lasagna at the Olive Garden?

There you go. Call me a parasite. A cannibal. And who am I parasitizing? You? If anything you feed on me. Your ideas have become far clearer with my collaberation according to all acounts. You only hurt yourself by casting me aside.

Dead as a doornail. As would you be. If only you'd realize it. All this time we've talked about the need for others and you still deny it. We can remove ourselves from the group, but we can't remove the group from ourselves.

You deny the might of Hermes? Wow. I don't even know what to say about this. Hermes was the greatest of the gods in my opinion. He was knowledge. He was the search for knowledge. He was the sharing of knowledge. Interesting that you deny him. That sheds a lot of light on your 'character'.

Ahh. And while I have been traveling through your hell, I have disappointed by not frying. By somehow surving and flourishing in these conditions which none but you should exist? No wonder you hate me.

17. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Certainly, indifference to human death of suffering impinges upon our self worth. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to see. All one needs to do is imagine another POV. How enraged would you be if the dummy dropped in front of your car even if your sense of self-preservation overrode any tendency to avoid hitting it? How would you feel if you fell into the street people just drove on over you? I don’t really consider this respect as much as consideration.

The little sociopath is merely amused by the pain he’s caused and is unable to empathize. Not that I cannot see the humor in the situation as well but at some point the severity of the consequences overrides any limited amount of humor. It’s based on a false pretense. The child knows that it is a dummy, the drivers do not.

Now if the laughing child were to then fall into the street and get run over by someone not willing to swerve out of the way… that would be funny.

~Raithere

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

We're all fucking cannibals in that respect.

I'd think life would be somewhat pointless without other people, at least ONE other person. I sorta feel bad for the socially retarded, but then again sometimes they're the most interesting.

Such a sweet talker.

I had plenty of ideas as to what you might mean, but I have no idea if they are inclusive of the actual reason. From the below I'd guess it wasn't. I thought saying it the other way was shorter. I should have bolded the "you" so you understood.

Pah. So says you. Handicap is a term for pussies. Think Tsun Tsu.

It is they who are the pussies. Looks like you're on board.

LIAR!!

So says the controlling girlfriend? I give you what I have to offer. You are free to reject it or politely ask for more. You deserve your survival and your intellect deserves respect. I don't wish you to die and I certainly respect your intellect. Beyond that I've offered what I have to offer. You demand more but aren't specific. I'm a very simple minded person in many ways and cannot respond to requests I haven't perceived.

Ah, so you think it personal? Darling, my actual life has called me of late and I've gone through a mild attempt to dissassociate myself with this site to some degree, as for too many months I spent Tooooooo many hours contributring to my further separation from my actual responsibilities. Baby, it's not you... it's ME. Hehe. I've slacked more than I should and am straining for self discipline, which has always been challenging for me. You'll note that I'm still here.

Well he's gone and you always have. I simply haven't had the time to be as expansive as I might be tempted to be on unemployment. Once I figure out the whole financial independence thing I'll see what I can do. Maybe retirement. Fuck. Hehe. Okay must get patent. Must start business. Ack, I'm so slackish. Goddamn complacency, the scourge of man! It's kind of nice too. Meh, I'm starting to feel ambitious again, but I'm a hedonist. I meant to start a thread about that: Hedonism vs. Ambition. I suppose I'd conclude that they can only co-exist in full effect if they merge. Maybe not. Fucking tangents.

What does she do with paranoid women?

Some powerful people command from their subjects the subservience that makes them sick. Quite a quandry, as that is a command that can result in only disgust.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for pulling on my cowlick too. I was starting to feel left out. I think you're pulliing out Invert's roots.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  19. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Just LOOK at these delightful little kittens! How could u do anything but love them

20. water the sea Registered Senior Member

"The Good Son", with Macaulay Culkin and Elijah Wood.

What if something just *is* evil?, the other little boy asks his psychiatrist. The psychiatrist says that there is nothing that would just simply be evil, that there always is some explanation for why someone behaves the way he does.

The film suggests that Henry had a "psychological issue" -- stemming from his early childhood, as he apparently never got over having to compete for parental love with a sibling. (The film indicates that is was most likely him who drowned the younger brother, and also tried to kill the younger sister when ice skating.)

I take the question is why some people never manage to cope with the frustrations life poses to them -- and why they turn to lying, scheming, even murdering: just to not let that frustration take over.

What must it be, in the mind of a person, in the mind of a child to be able to murder with intent?

"An emotional coldness to human death or suffering seen as a fascination with the macabre" -- indeed, this is what Henry appeared to be like. But how he so vehemently clinged on to the little bathtub duck! How he professed his love for his mother! This seems odd to me.

At first glance, it appears that he "simply" was a little sociopath, as if this would be inborn.

Yet I wonder: Competition among siblings is something usual, and older siblings are often reported to torture the younger (my cousin, for example, upon getting a brother, stuffed pepper into the baby's nose, the baby almost died of it).

What if Henry drowned the first younger brother by accident, maybe not even by clear intent -- and then this death, and most of all, hiding that he had something to do with it, propelled his future insensitivity?
    Noone blamed him for his brother's death, he got away with it -- so this made him think he can do whatever he wants?

His crime was not discovered and not punished. As such, Henry didn't develop the conscience of what is wrong, and he didn't learn to empathize.

(BTW, Macaulay Culkin was fascinating in the role of Henry.)

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Connellan,

Funny that you show such cute, little kitties. Why don't you show any old grizzled cats that are half-blind and apt to chew your face if you get too close them? Hmm? Is it because you're trying to manipulate our emotions with the protection of the young instinct that is active in us all?

You are too obvious in your motivations.

Look at this parasite of a cat. You come home from a hard day's work and what's he been doing? Sitting on his ass watching the tube and drinkin' all your beer. That's what!

Or how about this vicious predator? It could be you next.

This is just a vile monstrosity here. How I'd love to wring it's neck.

They're coming for you.​

Cats? Bah!

22. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

I had a cat once.
    Lived with another guy who had it's mother - three kittens were born, one given away, two kept. One of the two followed it's mother everywhere, her baby to the core. The other - always alone, in a corner, watching everything. I never paid them much attention really.

Then one night this kitten, the one alone, decided to come into my room. when I woke up, I found it sleeping alongside my pillow. Odd. He'd never shown any attachment or fondness for anyone beforehand.
    Over time, he kept doing it. Never an affectionate cat, hated being picked up, hated being touched... but always there in my room. When I left, it was decided he'd go with me. He'd made himself "mine", in his own way, without ever showing any need for affection other than having somewhere to sleep.

So this cat stayed with me for a while. He was always his own creature. Sometimes, he'd disappear for days on end, but always came back. He'd bring me presents - once even a foot long snake he'd caught. Ah, his pride in showing me that one. Showed all over his face. Ugly cat he was - scarred from a few fights over the years. Always a little wild, never completely domesticated. He needed no one, but he liked to come home sometimes.

He's gone now, went out one night and came back the next day with a snakebite. Died in my room. Never was he really mine, but he came home to die.

I loved that cat.

23. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Keep Invert away from our kittens!!!