Rock/Structure Redux.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by btimsah, Feb 17, 2005.

1. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Yeah, but you have to admit it gets old after a while when you keep getting "rock woo-woos" like btimsah, bradguth, and fluid6969 posting pictures of rocks and saying "it's a structure! NASA is hiding the truth!"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

[sarcasm] Don't question u.f.o. authority. [/sarcasm]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I was always ready to discuss the potential. You wanted to discuss pictures of rocks.
    In passing, could we clarify what you mean by a rock. I sensed more than once a difference of usage twixt yourselves and the noble debunkers.
    e.g. A mountain is not a rock, but it is made of rocks. So a photo of a mountain may loosely be described as a rock. Yes? No? Other?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Rock, boulder, moutain, crater, depression, rise, hill, ejecta, regolith, other.

On sciforums.com all of those = rocks. It seems strange that when someone is so sure it's a A-ROCK, that later they claim they COULD HAVE MEANT a mountain. I've never heard anyone refer to a mountain as a lot of rocks. Let's go climb that big rock, you mean the mountain? NO THE ROCK. Because this is sciforums.

What I consider to be a rock, is a rock. Not a mountain. If you consider a mountain to be a rock then that would explain a lot.

8. btimsah Registered Senior Member

AMEN! Except for the interpretation part.. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2005
  9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Tower Rock
    Camel Rock
    Rock Climbing
    Chimney Rock
    Define:Rock
    THE Rock
    Enchanted Rock
    Damn-sure-not-gonna-put-it-in-your-pocket-rock

Sheesh... you gotta get out more, man. Go climb a.... rock.

Face it. You posted pictures of rocks.

10. btimsah Registered Senior Member

11. btimsah Registered Senior Member

There's no wind or *running* water on the Moon.. so the comparison is a bit interesting.

While those rocks do create some interesting shapes, the Moon does not have the weathering mechinisms to create them.

Unless you can prove me wrong. :m:

12. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

You're not serious, right? The geologic process of the Moon is basic science, the stuff they teach in Middle School.

Go to your local library and get some books to read before you embarrass yourself futher, man.

In the meantime, check out this link:http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~mkargo/articles/moon.html It'll give you something to look up at your library.

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Mechanism 1:Temperature contrast - expansion/contraction effect.
    Maximum daytime temperature 105 deg C
    Minimum nightime temperature -180 deg C
    Temperature difference 285 deg C
    Apply approximately 50,000,000,000 times and note the effect upon surface rocks.

Mechanism 2: Bolide impact.
    You may have noticed a substantial number of craters on the moon.
    (a)The impactors generate substantial volumes of ejecta some of which in raw or weathered form may themselves be unusual rocks.
    (b) The impact of the ejecta will 'sculpt' the impacted material.
    (c) If the impactor is a comet it will locally and temporarily deliver fluids that may be incorporated in the regolith and serve to enhance Mechanism 1. [This is wholly speculative and you would be quite sensible to ignore this one (c) completely.]

Mechanism 3: Micro-meteorite impact.
    The lunar regolith has been created by four billion years of impacts by dust and grain sized particles. Enough said.

Mechanism 4: Astronauts

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A little under a third of a ton of rocks were brought back from the moon, and they hit a bunch more with their hammers. {It's not a large effect, but if you keep that up for 4 billiion years it will be noticeable. That's why I urge you to join my "Protect the Lunar Landing Sites from Space Tourists" organisation today. )

And I haven't even mentioned the solar wind.

[Now I'll be bitchy, because I only had three hours sleep. The rocks did not, as you stated, "create some interesting shapes". They may "have interesting shapes", but they did not create them. And it is mechanisms, not mechinisms.
    Wooly writing suggests wooly thinking. Try harder.

]

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If you want to hijack your own thread Btimsah and convert it to rocks then go ahead, However I warn you now. If the skeptics become rude, obnoxious or taunt you, you brought it on yourself.

This will be the ONLY thread on rocks, I catch anymore and it will be a delete.

15. btimsah Registered Senior Member

First of all genius, I have not posted any images on rocks here. SKINWALKER DID. Secondly.. Egh, I'm not gonna waste my time on you. It's obvious you don't follow these threads and don't know how to run a forum.

16. btimsah Registered Senior Member

You should not start a sentence with an AND.

Hmm.. I was not suggesting that ONLY WIND and WATER can create rocks. lol

I know there are numerous ways rocks can be created, but the question becomes which process created which rocks in which photo.

I mean, but this has allready been done with on here and as I stated before this is my last thread in the STRYDERUINED area.

17. btimsah Registered Senior Member

No, the geological process of the Moon is not middle school stuff. Or, it was not at the school I went too. Secondly, the embarrassment should be the fact that you could not respond to my question as to how you know the traffic to this site would RISE, once I'm gone. You just made that up. That's embarassing.

As for my comment about wind and water forming some of those rocks, I don't think you understood me so I'll just move on. Not like I can post images of rocks....

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

He didn't say you posted any images of rocks "genius," he said this will be the only thread on rocks.

One thing's for sure. You're a liar. You made 12 posts after you supposedly left the sub-forum.

19. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Well, you've already established that your education is deficit. Perhaps they no longer teach kids with the same voracity that they did when I was in Middle School, because we certainly discussed the geology of the Moon.

No, the embarrassment is still yours. I said probably, not would.
    You can post all the images of rocks you want. In this thread.

20. btimsah Registered Senior Member

The 12 posts are in response to this one and the Astronomy section. I said I'd never respond in this section *pseudoscience* section. Stryder does not ruin the other areas.

Nice try though..

21. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Don't try to fix it now... it was very obvious what you were implying:

22. btimsah Registered Senior Member

23. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

And yet you said "I'm gone," and still continue to post in the very sub-forum you claim to have left.