Scientism is the religion of our times

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by m0rl0ck, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

ClockWood nailed the whole crux of my argument right there.

As to wether or not it's possible to tell, it can depend. Remember, Science is based on the principal that ANYONE can duplicate an experiment as long as they have the right materials and follow the procedure correctly.

Any of us can duplicate any of Galileo's work in Astronomy with a pad, pencil, calculator (which is really optional), and a $10 toy telescope. However, none of of us have several billion dollars to build a supercollider.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Is this forum a magnet for anti science. Me thinks that an avatar rehash is in progress..

Or I could be wrong? Welcome to sciforums, and thanks for dredging up such a old yet current topic. You should look up Happeh, I sure you'll get along...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I came in here with my Happeh Theory. The people here refused to entertain the idea because I had no studies or other scientists to corroborate my claims.

I purposefully set about to break the absolute faith in scientists these people have. I hoped that if I could make them doubt scientists, then they would go ahead and use their brain to think about my claims on their own.

It didn't work. They still were unable or unwilling to think.

Now I see the same argument position popping up all over. As you have noted.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.