Sciforums has *seriously* fallen apart

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Clarentavious, Jun 22, 2003.

1. strategicman Registered Senior Member

hahahaha! They're pathetic...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

jaja...

please visit my forum he asks...but...

Mystics and Pseudo Science on place no3 on the list...

that's really pathetic...

That's is liking asking if I want sex with my mother

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. strategicman Registered Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. strategicman Registered Senior Member

haha! sciforums has 7 times as many users as physicsforums. We're better! ::triumphant nod::

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Not so, for you see many of our users are inactive, we get a huge number of new members everyday. How many of these new members actually contribute here? Not a lot, if any.

Plus it's more quality over quantity

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

it is a good thing that you can't measure quality

...although today I even posted something with a scientific content...and I quoted a hot scientific article in my field...if that is not quality then shoot me...

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Hell I even made a semi-intellegent post about how safety measures are implemented. Are we smart or are we smart!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

we are too goddamn smart for this forum, that is for sure...

12. strategicman Registered Senior Member

Well, is it the same with physics forums where many users are inactive? cus if it's a ratio of 2/7 of active/overall then the ratio would probably be the same for physics forums but at a different level. for example, say there are 700 people here, but only 200 talk, then it could be the same at physics forums, just 100 people, and about 10 or 30 or whatever, I don't feel like doing math.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

[advertisment]

PF will do the math for you!

[/advertisment]

edit: and shame on me...that was post number 2900...I'm going to bed now before it gets worse.

14. strategicman Registered Senior Member

suuuuuurrrrrrrre they will

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

*Looks around in discussed*

If this forum has gone rotten its from you guys.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

my personal oppinion is that General Science & Technology and Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology are quite good as for now.
    All the other forums maybe except politics are down the drain. Especially pseudoscience. You know, there were reasonable discussions there when I joined the Sciforums.

this is one of the reasons for my quite rare posting
    and also as an oldtimer (if you allow me to say so) I see quite a lot of topics repeating and it's not anymore interessting for me to discuss them for the second or the 3rd time, even if I have something to say on the topic.

17. strategicman Registered Senior Member

Yeah, maybe we did get a little carried away....:looks down in shame:

18. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

Blah...there's nothing wrong with sciforums. There's just a general lull in the news, and nothing major to discuss. Throw in the fact that summer has began and you can see why things have mucked up a bit.

The same thing happened last year at this time, and people were saying that sciforums was dropping off. Things will pick up in the fall.

19. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Erm...this time last year I joined...I see a pattern :bugeye:

I actually have to agree with Avatar. When I first came there were so many great threads about I had trouble replying to all the ones I wanted to.
    Now with the new wave of members we get all these recycled threads and I'm finding myself directing them to the old threads from time to time.
    And there was actually a semi-decent thread in Free Thoughts yesterday and only two people replied, including me. This place seems to be falling faster than Asia Carrera's underknackers.
    There are few threads now that you can state your opinion without someone else calling you stupid. And WE&P seems to be totally hooked up on Iraq...there are other things going on in the world.
    I love complaining, it's a gift. I know what I like and when I hate something I know why. I never hate without good reason.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I don’t mind recycled topics, it seem people never learn from these threads so you have to re-explain over and over again, it provides nice busy work. Though I rarely find a thread that has a very good discussion it been that way since I have got here.

21. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

Agreed. If the physics and Math section is the only section you'd even bother looking at, make the move!

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I've pretty much posted the same post about intelligence about 5 or 6 times now in different threads. If only they listened first tme round....

There's been a few. Psuedoscience was actually kinda good at one point.

Yeah...I'd like to see how many people will raise their hands to that one.

23. Flores Registered Senior Member

It is starting to suck in sciforums. When every other thread is called "How does Fredx Materbute on the thought of XEV", and "How to you spell Cthellhus", "Is XEV a lesbian", or "the Cthellhus fan club", or "lick my feet willya", I really start to worry.