Should we take Ray Comfort Serious? If no, what not?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Jan Ardena, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

On the contrary.
    Got to 1:28, and suddenly I realised this is a beautiful day.
    Thank Alex.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I take your point Jan. I am very sorry if I have ever insulted you.
    So you can't reach the top of your wardrobe.
    Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You got to 1:28 realised it was a beautiful day...then what?
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Got breakfast, took the dog for a walk.
    Now I’m in my studio feeling energised.
    Who knows what the day may bring when you feel this good?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

If only that were true Alex. But you can’t help yourself. In fact no atheist in this thread can.
    I sense seriousness here.
    You want me to crush myself, with my own wardrobe?

You really do have a violent disposition. You weren’t joking.

Sorry mate!
    Can’t help you with that request.

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thats why I have decided not to be an atheist or a theist. Each use insults so I won't be either one.
    That's good I am very serious when I get in a mood for crushing.
    True I am just a compulsive crusher.
    Yes and please send photos.
    Yes cause I hate people and would rather crush them than anything else...that why I always carry a wardrobe.
    Of course not crushing is not a joking matter.
    Can I suggest you stand on a chair to reach the top. If that won't work jack up your car crawl under and lower it slowly..for that forget about photos but please a video with audio...and make the screams convincing.

You know I feel better now that I am not an atheist or a theist ..it's a whole other world.
    Alex

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Lol!!!

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

A threat???

Your delusions and desperations know no bounds.

I won't argue your childish position anymore, suffice to repeat myself, that we will all wake up in the morning and the theory of evolution will still be fact, and the scientific methodology will still hold pride of place, and you'll still be squawking your delusional nonsense and incredible denial.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your forced pretentious attempts at humour and ridicule is fooling no one.
    But I'll continue to go easy on you.

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Better still...

Alex

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let's post some real science and ignore the myths, fantasies, and childish behaviour......
    http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1415-47572019000100120
    Science and evolution

Claudia A.M. Russo1

http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1252-9206

Thiago André2

http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4148-3662

1Departamento de Genética, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil

2Programa de Pós-Graduação em Biodiversidade, Universidade Federal do Oeste do Pará, Santarém, PA, Brazil

ABSTRACT:
    Evolution is both a fact and a theory.
    Evolution is widely observable in laboratory and natural populations as they change over time. The fact that we need annual flu vaccines is one example of observable evolution. At the same time, evolutionary theory explains more than observations, as the succession on the fossil record. Hence, evolution is also the scientific theory that embodies biology, including all organisms and their characteristics. In this paper, we emphasize why evolution is the most important theory in biology. Evolution explains every biological detail, similar to how history explains many aspects of a current political situation. Only evolution explains the patterns observed in the fossil record. Examples include the succession in the fossil record; we cannot find the easily fossilized mammals before 300 million years ago; after the extinction of the dinosaurs, the fossil record indicates that mammals and birds radiated throughout the planet. Additionally, the fact that we are able to construct fairly consistent phylogenetic trees using distinct genetic markers in the genome is only explained by evolutionary theory. Finally, we show that the processes that drive evolution, both on short and long time scales, are observable facts.

extract:
    Evolution as a fact and theory:

Evolution is a population concept. An individual does not evolve; only populations evolve in the face of the genetic changes accumulated from one generation to the next. The flu virus evolves. This explains why last years’ flu vaccine does not work on the current strain of the virus: only the resistant strains of the virus survived last year’s vaccine application. This is a textbook example of evolution by natural selection. Genetic modifications are encountered in the resistant strains; thus, evolution is a fact (Gould, 1981). Mutation, migration, natural selection, and genetic drift are the evolutionary forces that drive genetic changes of natural populations from one generation to the next. This is known among biologists as microevolution.

On the other hand, evolutionary theory explains more than those facts that we can routinely observe. This makes it a theory, but is it just a theory? The word theory has distinct meanings in science and in lay language (Ghose, 2013). A scientific theory is the utmost position an idea may reach in science. Outside of academia, however, a theory is equivalent to a hypothesis, an idea that explains facts but has never been tested (Futuyama and Kirkpatrick, 2017). This occurs because there seems to be no need for a distinction between hypothesis and theory outside the scope of science. In science, however, this distinction is fundamental. An idea remains a hypothesis if it has never been confronted with new (independently collected) scientific data that would serve as a test for its predictions. If a hypothesis has endured further testing by subsequent scientific experiments, in time it becomes a valid scientific theory (Figure 1).

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Devolution at its finest.

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Put it away Paddoboy.
    There is no way you can show the theory of evolution, it has to be believed.
    You wouldn’t like it if started bible class up in here. Would you?

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Alex, you are a disturbed individual.

I think I will go with the wardrobe crushing.
    Seems like the best option.

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Please do.
    Thank you.
    I’ve seen your handlers mind.
    It ain’t pretty.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You mean, exactly like when you claim I'm upset, or having a nervous breakdown, those kind of created scenario from you?
    So hypocritical.

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Where is the hypocrisy?

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Accusing others of your own actions, obviously. Couldn't figure that out yourself?