Shows about time travel

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by arfa brane, Apr 9, 2018.

1. goose Registered Senior Member

right but in the shows/movies it always shows that the individual didn't go back in time (as in, get younger)... the universe did (younger universe).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't it be a simple matter of concentrate their observations on the right place and looking really hard until they found it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

If I turn my car around and head back home, does my gas tank return to its former (younger) Fullness?
    No. Turning around and going the other way doesn't reverse you; you don't get younger when you travel back in time.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goose Registered Senior Member

No because your arn't going in a true negative direction (not talking about positive and negative in terms of an X, Y, and Z axis).
    Going back in time is a true negative, much like a negative velocity is a true negative. (For the record, I do not believe in time travel at all to be even remotely possible due to its negative nature).
    Sure you are now going along a new vector, but you are still moving in a positive motion. That is entirely different from the phenomenon described in movies.

your example would indicate going back in time is no different than turning around or walking backwards down the road. Extremely different phenomena.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That is, indeed, what people generally mean when they talk about "travelling through time".

9. Michael 345 In China - finding my way :) Valued Senior Member

Let me think bout that. I know it not a trick question but at the moment I have a few distractions going on

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!