Simple personality test.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Alpha, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I had taken that first test before, clicking on each image just to see the key. They're all just vague enough to apply to anyone. The second site was pretty neat, though.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

At first I though, holy shit they described me pretty well!. Then I went back and started clicking images randomly and guess what? They all stroked the positive views I have of myself. If anything, this is a perfect example of why people buy into astrology and fortune telling.

Oxygen is right, the key is being positive and vague in the descriptions.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I did the first one. It got me wrong!

"Down to Earth
    Well-Balanced
    Harmonious"

Yeah right. Projections, projections, projections.

But on the other hand -- maybe this is what such tests can find out: They can't tell how we are, but they can point at what we would like to be.

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Oh, surprise, I think the results describe me well. But it is not that hard to write something that fits onto people´s self image.

9. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Did you take all the tests in the second link?! My eyes hurt after only two!

10. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hah, I was too bored after two tests...

11. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Actually I've taken abt 5 since posting that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Gonna put them on my blog and all.

12. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

I can't take most of them cause I can't find one that determines the mbti or whatever.

EDIT: Never mind, didn't see the "don't know" option cause it was off the screen.

13. Tracker00 Registered Senior Member

the first one for me was okay... i like to be alone and i'm never bored

14. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

The first one described my personality quite well. I though all the shapes were ugly though.

The second one was okay...

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Perfect - got me just right. I even live alone and don't want it any other way. And I can't imagine ever being bored.

Introspective
    Sensitive
    Reflective

You come to grips more frequently and thoroughly with yourself and your environment than do most people. You detest superficiality; you'd rather be alone than have to suffer through small talk. But your relationships with your friends are very strong, which gives you the inner tranquility and harmony that you require. You do not mind being alone for extended periods of time; you rarely become bored.

16. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

BTW, the other pics don't really describe me, so there must be something more than simply making vague generalizations that apply to anyone.

The second set of tests I find to be pretty accurate.

17. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

I agree with Cris... only one appealed to me and described me quite accurately. I cannot say I disagreed with any of the statements, although I did in all of the others I looked at. Something VERY similar to this is available at http://www.colorquiz.com/ .

I learned about that one in a highschool sociology class, there is quite an interesting science behind it.

http://www.colorquiz.com/ - try it, the details of my sex life it described were quite astonishing, but very truthful (I can't see them as any kinds of generalities either).

18. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Alpha There is an exception to every rule. Due to each of our unique circumstances that brought us this far, it's possible that, in this instance, you are the exception. I'll bet that most people who take that first test see something of themselves in each of the descriptions.

My brother had sent me a test that was pretty neat, although I scored in the 2% who didn't respond as the testers guessed (with startling accuracy) that most people would. It's in my e-mail file somewher. When I find it, I'll post it.

19. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

I doubt that. Prove it.

Also, I'm not the only one who noticed the other ones don't apply as much as the one chosen.

20. ankit007sharma Registered Member

The Test Is Realy Exhaustive And Gives A Right Insight To You. It Showed My Negative Points And I Hope I Will Rectify Them Soon.

21. Facial Valued Senior Member

Wow... scary, that thing nailed my personality right on the spot. . . except I'm bored quite frequently.

22. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Why are you capitolizing every word? It's not like you're writing a really long book or movie title, lol. It also makes it a bit more difficult to read.

23. water the sea Registered Senior Member

THIS HAPPENS IF YOU SWITCH TO CAPS LOCK -- THEN EVERY WORD IN THE POST IS CAPITALIZED. THE MAN WAS ACTUALLY YELLING, IT JUST DIDN'T COME ACROSS THAT WAY.

EDIT: I know this is how it used to be, but it apparently isn't anymore. IS IT DUE TO PRESSING SHIFT THOUGH?

Edit the second: No. But I know that words sometimes come out capitalized, even though you typed them all upper case. A keyboard thing?