Site name change

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DaveC426913, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Change the site name from SciForums to TrumpAndPolitics?

Anyone? Anyone?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yazata, sweetpea and Dr_Toad like this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Haha!

I was wondering where the science content had gone...

You;d think that The Destroyer of All Reason would promote more scientific discussions in public fora, not least for the ban on EPA researchers tweeting.

For God's sakes...

Truck Captain Stumpy likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Sciforums to Philosophy Forums would be more accurate...well Crank Forums would be most accurate but Philosophy Forums would do.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

This is a good point, I do keep myself away from posting very often, likewise there are many science inclined or at least objective posters but they too have just gone low, why?

1. Can you express what should be discussed on science forum.
    Let me try, Science News is not going to fetch volume. News will not make the thread interesting from second day onwards.
    Quesion answer also may not be interesting beyond certain point. Then what?
    2. Did you notice the behaviour of few posters here? These posters are mainstream supporters, moot question is do they understand mainstream, can they hold on to the argument in support of mainstream? are they not putting off genuine alternative discussion? Decent contributors to this site, who could ignite some interest, are going away because of this abusive behaviour of so called mainstream supporters (cheer leaders). Mind you, cheer leaders do not know much about what they are cheering about.

The site allows unmitigated challenge to Trump (thats fine, he deserves, but he is mainstream now) but few posters will wake up with arms and ammunition if there is anything contrary to mainstream science. Who gives them authority to use arms and ammunition (abuses) and do they really possess sufficient knowledge to do so, and if so do they really need abuses. Site admins to decide, if I am the boss here, I will restrict such characters, who kill the alternative dialog with abuses. Thats killing the science tag of this site.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You should boycott this site, that would show us!

paddoboy and sweetpea like this.
  9. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Actually this poster 'origin' was not in my mind while making above posts. But he can just be useful to demonstrate the point. In a very recent thread this poster 'origin' showed his utter ignorance on basic high school geometry, he exposed his lack of education on science/maths by not knowing a simple line segment bisection issue.

It is not a sin not to know about that, he could be master in some other field. But the point is should he be allowed to question people here on science / maths sub forum, when his knowledge here on this mater is below that of a high school level boy? i do not know who is the technically sound staff here, but would he be happy to give 'origin' free hand. I will not after such self exposure by him.

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I do not believe you. And I think your remarks are a falsehood, designed to be an insult.

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Clearly politics and religion.
    I think that it is difficult to discuss what is established science.
    A paper is presented via a link and there is little to discuss.
    Alternative theories can be discussed but that often becomes a squabble.
    I feel at the moment there is an unhealthy (or very healthy) focus on politics which gets a little tiresome but the forum has a political section so members use it.
    Many people are very worried about the future and Mr Trumps part therein so we get more than usual posts re politics.
    Alex

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

LOL. Yes for the love of God do not expose yourself to me.

paddoboy, sweetpea and Ophiolite like this.
  13. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Showing false bravado will not help. Why dont you refer that trisection of angle thread, may be you wll recall how misli explained you bisection of a line segment.

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Psssst, I already knew how (don't tell anyone).

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I know that you and your alter ego 'the god' like to get into these little back and forth arguments, but I find it exceedingly boring to argue with trolls.

16. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Thats great, do not argue with trolls.
    But please show some mettle by arguing (or discussing) with posters here on the subject.
    You have been trolling only, the latest trolling is on Gorthol thread by you. I have not seen you discussing science with anyone.
    When cornered you just hit below the belt and run away.

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

OK Rajesh, if it will make you happy.
    I do not think the name should be changed. Politics are mostly just discussed in the politics section.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

OK, I've changed my vote.

Let's call it DerailThreadsForUseAsMyOwnPersonalPlaceToFlameAnotherMemberForums.

19. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

That means your intent was not to address this seemingly appropriate issue, you just wanted to play.
    You still are not sure what you want to discuss in a science forum like this. Q&A, Alternatives, Science News, Tutorials?

This place cannot improve till the time we recognize who could contribute and who could not. Staff must curb nonsensical posts immediately. See how 'origin' is trolling poster 'SimonsCat', if he is a sock of someone, just report and leave that to the wisdom of Mods. Why pester him? he will loose his patience, Mods unwittingly will find no fault with origin's baiting, but Simons will be infracted. The likes of origins will win, but the forum would loose.

20. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

What have you done with gobby? You sound just like him with the demands... Rajesh holy son of The God. I reckon if you were to take out all the bitching posts from The God's and Rajesh's post counts ,''their'' combined count would be around 100 posts.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It's my thread. What I wanted to do was draw attention to the preponderance of political posts.

It was not my intention to have it derailed by some dude with an axe to grind about another member. Start your own thread.

You'll notice I have over 4000 posts here, over the course of 11 years.
    You don't get to decide the quality or quanity of my contribution here.

You're a little new here to be deciding how things must go.

Have some discussions with the Mods and the long-time forum members before you think you know what needs to be done.

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Gee you blokes are being really hard with our friend rajesh....I mean you need to take into consideration that he has had two alternative hypotheticals put to sleep in no uncertain terms over at Cosmoquest, and he needs comfort and solace more then anything else.
    And I mean he isn't really asking for much, just a "free hand" for himself and his two brothers in arms, and any other individual suffering from those terrible maladies we call "delusions of granduer" and "tall poppy syndrome"
    I mean over at the other previously mentioned place such stalwarts of society are simply not entertained beyond a small section called "against the mainstream" with a month to prove themselves.
    But of course that has never yet been achieved.
    The bottom line of course is that rajesh and his brothers in arms, along with those others afflicted with the aformentioned maladies, have no other recourse then to spread their gospel on forums such as this.

From your friendly neighbourhood science cheerleader!
    ps: tic mode most firmly on

Truck Captain Stumpy and Dr_Toad like this.
  23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The God is taking an enforced break from sciforums until 6 February, due to accumulated warning points.

If rajesh turns out to be The God, we will permanently ban both identities, in accordance with our published policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.