Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by goofyfish, Jun 9, 2004.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

So, Mrs. Fish and I are reminiscing and the discussion makes it's way around to “the song” from our wedding. You know, the one they make you dance to when all you really want to do is get drunk and then have crazy wedding sex. More light discussion about various tunes, then somehow we get onto the subject of movie musicals and she casually says,“You know, I’ve really always liked Grease 2”

“Yeah, Grease isn’t a bad movie”, says I.

“No, not Grease t-o-o, Grease 2”, she replies.

Me: “Wait, Grease 2? The one with Michelle Pfeiffer and... that guy?”

Her: “Yeah, I’ve always loved that movie. I probably know all of the words by heart”

Me: [The Look]

Her: “Don’t look at me like that; you have lots of weird movies you like.”

Me: “Excuse me? What ‘weird’ movies do I like?”

Her: “That thing you made me watch, with David Bowie and the Muppets”

Me: “Labyrinth?! You’re comparing Labyrinth to Grease 2? Are you serious? I mean, really now, get a grip.”

Her: “You just like Labyrinth because you have a thing for Jennifer Connelly.”

Me: “I do not have a... okay, yeah I do have a thing... but that doesn’t mean that Labyrinth isn’t a good movie anyway. Jim Henson! Muppets! David Bowie! And anyway, don’t change the subject, Grease 2 sucks and you know it...

Her: [THE look]

Me: [The Look v2.0]

Her: “Go fuck yourself.”

WINNER!!

But really... twenty years into the marriage before she decides to mention it? I think that something like that is definitely pre-engagement disclosure-worthy. And I'd like to help her, but I'm sure she would probably not be all that receptive to the ol' eyeballs wired open, Grease 2 on the widescreen, electrodes clamped to the nipples cure.

Well, it could be worse - at least she does not like Berlin.

:m: Peace.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Damn... and you're still with her huh? :bugeye: Do you have kids with exams coming up or something?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

She must not like that movie that much if you've been together 20 odd years and that's the first you've heard about it...or maybe you should listen more

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

I'm totally on your side on this one Goofy. That should have been disclosed early on in the relationship. Considering the quality of that movie I would submit that Goofy technically could have used that as a dealbreaker twenty years ago. Obviously now it is too late, but at least you can throw that one at her when you need some good ammo. Alas, we pick our battles in relationships, no?

My princess actually collects beanie babies. Had I known the depths of that pathology a year ago I might have reconsidered...

8. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Let's be real here. She probably only likes Grease 2 because 'that guy' is in it and she probably saw the movie recently (all you have to do is surf the cable and it is likely on some station), and seeing the movie, and 'that guy', sparks some fantasy from the past. You insult the movie and thereby you insult her girlish fantasy.

9. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Who is "that guy" anyway...

:m: Peace.

10. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

maxwell caulfield?
    sure he's handsome in that obvious sort of way. don't you just hate obvious beauty?

11. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

The outcome of
    was inevitable after you admitted:

12. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Been in the marriage too long to lie... maybe I should start practicing again.

Peace.

13. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

You should've countered with her probably having a thing for the guy in Grease 2. My good friend Lisa does, so I imagine a lot of women do, or probably did.

On the positive side, it did have Michelle Pfeiffer at her peak.

Ultimately, the fact that it is a musical makes it unwatchable for me.

I've never seen Labyrinth, but Jennifer Connelly was definitely the highlight of Career Opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2004