Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Here's a question: if you could have one vehicle from either star trek or star wars, what would you have?

For Star Wars, I would pick Anakin's podracer.

For Star Trek, I would, of course, choose the Enterprise-E.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

screw the pod racer

in the words of one of the best web sites on the web

"i would use the force to bring me welth, power and a GIANT SPACE BALL TO BLOW PLANETS UP WITH"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

You'd think that they could make bigger bombs wit hthat advanced technology.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

um

what are quantam torpeados, proton torpeados, concussion missiles and eggs???

8. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

Though Star Trek is a more complete universe(one without stupid flaws, like in star wars eps. 4-6 it is commonly referred that obi-won was taught by yoda, but the in eps. 1 heres a brand new character named qui-gon, what the hell is that shit, i'll tell you just lucas trying to spice things up in an originally not to exciting first 3 eps. thats why he started with #4, back when he did it for his vision, not for an audience), Star Wars definatley has better fighters and tech.

9. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

How big is the Enterprise? I seem to recall that it wasn't more than a thousand feet. A 20 Kt explosion would ingulf the ship. Concussion missiles were small too. And I don't know what an egg is.

I recall the Mellenium Falcon being able to withstand several shots from turbolasers. Teh stuff is either very small(torpedoes and such) or very big(sun crusher, superlaser),

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

an egg is the bomb carried on a k-wing bomber (they carry 2 of them)

they are used to damage and destroy capital ships

concussion missiles are carried on Y-wing bombers and all tho less powerfull than eggs if there are of enough of them will pack a huge punch

Victory class star desroyers also use vollys of concussion missiles rather than turbo lasers

proton torpedos destroyed the DEATH STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the sun crusher missiles cause suns to go nova and the death stars turbo laser destroys planets

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The Asgard would be able to kick both universes asses

12. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Key words, enough of them.

Because the exhaust port was ray shielded.

If you look, I already said this.

I just thought of something. In Picard's era, humans have only been in space like, 500 years, and in Star Wars, the history goes back thousands of years. Conclusion: the Star Trek universe has not had time to think of some of the stuff, and the difference in the lenth of th etimeline prevents an objective analysis.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2002
  13. dave1016 Registered Member

Star Trek would kick Star Wars ass. Need I say more?

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Get a few Gou'ald motherships, Asgard vessels, the Tollan and the Nox (steal their ships) and they'd kick both Star Wars' and Star Treks' asses. Star Wars would but up more of a fight though.

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Im sorry but maybe the StarGate universe would kick the SW and ST univeres. but I think that a fleet of white stars from the B5 universe could kick there assess, or the shadows and vorlons. But out of all the universes Farscape would kill all of them, there all hardcore like that.

16. dave1016 Registered Member

I used to watch Stargate (and still do), and some of the races on that show wouldn't put up much of a fight. As for B5 and Farscape, I don't watch either of them so I don't know anything about them.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The Peace Keepers would wup ass. Their flak cannons are so cool. I forgot about the Replicators, they'd kick ass, they're winning the war against the Asgard.

18. esp Registered Senior Member

Riiight.

Gifted:How big is the Enterprise? I seem to recall that it wasn't more than a thousand feet. A 20 Kt explosion would ingulf the ship.

Engulf it's shields perhaps. If it wasn't seven hundred meters long.

And I find it hard to believe that there are many technologies out there that could deal with self replicating mines.
    Or for that matter, an Akira class or Nebula class starship.
    That's without starting on the Galaxy class or Sovreign class.
    Eleven class X phaser emitters, Two PhoTorp mark XXV launchers.
    Shields capable of energy dissipation of 7.3x10^5kW (Instantaneous).

Thinking of destroying stars?
    Why use a ship when one Andoran scientist can do it with a stand alone missile.

Star wars had a death star capable of destroying planets?
    The first Enterprise was capable of that. Lob a couple of tri-cobalt devices and run like hell.

The force is gonna get us?
    The Ocampa have the ability to rearrange matter at below the sub atomic level.

And have none of you seen Endgame?

To quote the motto of the USS Defiant construction team;

Assimilate This.

19. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Forgive me. I have never seen a starship using all eleven phaser bank, so how can I know? You probably read alot of the books and stuff. I don't.

Let's hack into their comm systems adn have a few Vogons recite poetry. We win.

20. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There is also the fact that a 4 magaton explosion created a fireball 10 miles across, though I confess, shielding would pobably be able to deal with that.

I've always wondered about the Death Star thing. I think we, at a 21st century tech level could build a bomb that, if not obliterating the planet, than causing severe problems. If your B-wings could carry the bomb... I've always in my own universe favored a torpedo or missile as a planetbuster.

You can help me with this one: Cloaking devices in Star Trek, except that one in movie 6, take so much energy that you can't fire the weapons. Phasers being affected I can understand, but photon torpedoes? Don't they have an onboard power supply?

21. esp Registered Senior Member

Gifted: Don't they have an onboard power supply?

Yep. There's what they call a warp sustainer engine. Not powerful enough to get the photorp to warp but strong enough to keep it there.

The actual launce involves the photorp being 'slung' from the launch tube by a combination of gas jets and electromagnetic pulses from a series of constrictor segments.

Maybe the power that the constrictor segments use is more than would be available when cloaked.

22. dave1016 Registered Member

If you make a 20kt explosion, that would engulf the Enterprise, wouldn't you take out a couple of your own? I have one letter that can solve this whole debate................................... "Q".

Last edited: Jul 23, 2002
  23. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Getting it to warp would be a problem. Perhaps a modified 'pedo mounted under a Bir of Prey's "wings."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.