Strange Feeling

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Othersider, Sep 4, 2003.

1. summitorplummet707 Registered Member

"we dont posses the sensory equipment" - that we know of yet maybe.!?

i also care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

which ridiculous assumption? i make a lot of them!

hey i want you all to know, im a nerd also, its ok. have you seen hot nerd girl on facebook? if not you need to, shes hot and shes a nerd, its awesome. peaceout.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh, you think anatomists have missed something?
    Or are you claiming we'll eventually get these sensors and that some people have already managed to grow them?
    As as has been noted: [it] doesn't make any sense from a biological standpoint.

That the rest of don't indulge such things (rock climbing, eating gourmet food, drinking, etc.) too.

Nope. You may be a proto-nerd, or a wannabe nerd, but nerds are usually educated.
    But that's okay, we'll wait for to catch up on your education.

No she isn't.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. summitorplummet707 Registered Member

there is no evidence that i am right or wrong or that you are right or wrong. i think that is not the point. i think its not about being right or wrong its about finding out why and how and simply sharing the experience we had.

so your "big and small" experience was brought on by trauma? sorry to hear that. despite the traumatic part was it similar to most of our shared "big/small" experiences?

my experience was real - therefore it was my reality. you may have your own reality, that is ok with me. defining reality - have at it!

peaceout!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong.
    I have already given you the evidence - sensors.

So you're not actually interested in what the experience was? You just want to spend time saying "Whoah dude, that was freaky"?

Except that hallucinations are not reality.

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Oh? What's reality? Can we clearly define such?

And considering that reality is one thing and what our brain generally apprehends of it another...
    I mean, when I had what appears to have been a near-death-experience...was I really seeing the truth behind our present reality? Which is what it seemed like to me at the time...
    Or was my brain just so overloaded with pain signals it was like getting hit with a taser?

(Hmm...I should get someone to shoot me with a taser...see if I can replicate the experience. Considering I accidentally touched a "hot" electric fence once, I think that will really hurt after I stop twitching...but...it would be in the name of science...or something.)

*Threatens to grab this and spin off thread in philosophy(BWAHAHAH!)*

9. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Summit --

You're saying that there's another organ(or set of organs) that perform a function in our bodies that we don't know about yet? That's a tall tail, care to back it up or is your only argument "but it could be"? I have to tell you, that's a pretty lousy argument all things considered.

Whoops, should have stopped the sentence right there because that's all you need to say to understand why I rejected your explanation. That, and the fact that we actually do have several reasons to think that you're wrong. I and others have given you very sound biological reasons as to why you're wrong. Our sense organs simply aren't capable of detecting anything on that scale, and there's no way it could evolve naturally because such sense organs would be detrimental, not beneficial. Thus there's no path for natural selection to work with, thus no way for such organs to evolve.

Artificial selection could hypothetically produce such organs, but that would take hundreds generations of work and since we only really became aware of that possibility in the last century or so it's not exactly a likely possibility.

Really? I thought the point of science was to gain knowledge, that is what it's for. Science is a method for acquiring knowledge about the world, given that I think that something being right is of supreme importance. It's certainly more important than whether you like it or not.

Well then you thought wrong.

Yeah well, I've been through more than my fair share of trauma in my life. That trauma was nothing compared to the time I got stabbed, that was fun.

The experience seemed similar to your description in most regards, but that still doesn't support your hypothesis.

Oh please, stop with the armchair philosophy crap. We all use a relatively similar working definition of reality, some of us are just more aware of what actually physically happens during some experiences.

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

It was your experience.
    We are not saying you did not experience it.

You don't seem to want to look at it critically, though.
    You seem to be very attached to the explanation you've given it.
    Why do you think that is?

Generally, I find that much that I look into is more ambiguous that it seems at first glance.

11. F2DIE Registered Member

Big Small Feeling

Ive had the big small feeling as a kid. i would feel waves go thru me my pulse i guess and i would feel normal size then its got bigger and bigger with each wave I could feel it get so big it felt like bigger than the universe. This reminds me of the end of the movie War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise where it shows a water droplet and then the camera goes inside that droplet smaller and smaller unit ll a whole other universe is reveled. Now by that feeling I already know that size does not matter. At what size does something get small then big again? I mean it makes sense that the universe may be finite but there is an infinite amount of finite universes. That's how aliens warp thru is by shrinking so small they appear normal size somewhere else. Warping to other dimensions. Makes sense, So from that feeling the universe has let me in on its secret that universes are hidden in everything. Oh by the way when your feeling the big small feeling and when it gets big its scary

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That might make sense after ingesting 250 micrograms of LSD maybe....

13. Twentyxiv Registered Member

Twentyxiv

So excited to see other with the same thing..so lets start a web page or group of the big and tiny feeling sensations.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I experienced something like this too! When I was sick once, it felt like a very tiny thing superimposed on an extremely large thing, like the head of a pin vs. the entire universe, or like a very high pitched sound compared to a very low one, or like balancing on my stomach on a sharp pointed stick in the middle of a huge swimming pool. It was kind of abstract, but the tension was unbearable.

15. Corey Placer Registered Member

I experienced this feeling when I was 7 and had the flu. Mine was in a dream and I remember being huge and small and I was holding up a planet. Felt like it was crushing me but also felt powerful. This dream has stuck with me for 30+ years and I often experience a little bit of that feeling every so often. I was just playing candy crush and felt it briefly so I searched and found this thread. The feeling of that dream is so vivid to this day. I sometimes feel like my hands are not my own when I am using them on my phone as well which made me think of Alice in Wonderland syndrome. I'm just glad to see I'm not alone and although most of the posts on this forum seem old if the feelings you all have felt is similar to mine I'm sure they will stick with you and resurface occasionally.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I remember this feeling being sick as a kid and it being associated with the radio getting louder and louder. I also remember it having something to do with the hands being like balloons.

17. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Did you become comfortably numb?

Sarkus likes this.
  18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Now I've got that feeling once again
    I can't explain you would not understand
    This is not how I am."