Technocratic Solutions for Convicts & Prisoners.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Mar 5, 2010.

?

State which options you approve of:

1. Harvesting organs for captial punshments.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Slave labor of prisioners.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Medical experimention on and medically "curing" convicts of their violent/sexual/addictive behavior.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I approve of only some of these options (check off the ones you approve of)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I approve of none of these options.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. draqon Banned Banned

In this world each one of us has approximately 80 years of existence. To deny life to others who went on the wrong path because of circumstances unknown, is to commit evil as well.

What good shall come of incarceration? The good in those who do decide to change for the better.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Of course we should give people second chances if they do desire them, and plan to make use of them. But the fact is that this is the real world, and there are plenty of criminals that do not change. They are offered opportunities, like education and work and parole, and they reject them or abuse them. They continue to cause riots behind bars, kill, prey on children, and cause harm to society.

If they will continue to be viruses, then we must eliminate them. Quite simple, really.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Such thinking breeds war.
    Just look at what Jesus taught our civilization, forgiveness for everyone and acceptance in our hearts of all that has been and will be.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Forgiveness for everyone is stupid. Forgive those that want to be forgiven.

8. draqon Banned Banned

Everyone wants to be forgiven. Everyone deserve to be loved to be understood and to be taught of a peaceful world with others.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I don't see Charles Manson and BTK asking for forgiveness or peace.

10. draqon Banned Banned

that's because for many it takes a long time to understand the wrong way they lived their lives, but they nevertheless should be given this chance.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

And they are being given this chance and many others. And they don't care.

12. draqon Banned Banned

they don't care because they have not found peace with themselves and the world yet.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

They don't care because they are psychopaths.

14. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Fetus- I take it you or no one you know ever went to prison because I have yet to hear about the wonderful time ANY prisoner had behind bars.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

And let's make their time even worse!

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes it is so funny how people die because they can't get organs, and yet we kill people with viable organs and then chuck them and their organs away! Fuck we have even had prisoners volenteer to donate all their organs and refused!
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...2gWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vhMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3095,5036716
    http://www.bioethics.iu.edu/body.cfm?id=79
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19910922&slug=1306774

What I'm proposing is the idea of developing the technology to Force change in criminal's minds, to force them to be good all the time no matter what: if a man refuses to be good simply rewrite the man/s personally to make them good. This way capital punishment and even prison become obsolete, remove the desire to rape child, remove the anger and will to harm others, insert empathy into psychopaths, and cure all the addicts, reduce those that are evil into children of love and those that are weak to desires and make them strong and free of deleterious wants. I don't see why this is not an admirable goal? Perhaps we could argue over if it necessitates human testing against the will of convicts to try to develop such technology, but I don't see what is fundamentally wrong with this goal?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  17. draqon Banned Banned

I fully agree with refusal to accept organ donations.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

And yet the average recidivism rate for crimes exceeds 50% so clearly fear of going back to prison is not very effective at prevent further crimes. Considering these people as needing punishment does not work as well as at least considering these people as needing treatment, and providing them with an education and with after prison programs to make then functional members of society, but even that often fails, most likely because many criminals them selves are mentally defective and lack the will to be good, or worse don't want to be good and any amount of pressure only makes their desires to do evil stronger. If we start considiner most criminals as mentally defective we can thus try to "cure" them, some today can be cured with eduction and work programs. Today others can be cured or at least have their sick desires repressed and controllable with medication. But we still lack the technology and medical knowledge to correct a variety of behaviors, thus I suggest we experiment on at least volunteer basis on developing advance means to correcting these behaviors.

Why?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Electric Fetus, I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with the goal. Have you ever read "Brave New World"? That is certainly quite the paradise, in my opinion.

20. Doreen Valued Senior Member

See now the funny thing is that Huxley wrote that book as a parody of utopian novels. The whole thing is meant as ironic. While presenting these 'good' ideas, the novel is actually showing what the author considered a horrible future. One he was concerned might come about.

It's a dystopia and you took it as a utopia.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I know it was presented as a dystopia, but I am saying that I see no reason why. No aging, no war, no crime, no suffering...what's not to like?

22. Doreen Valued Senior Member

To answer that would be to go through the whole book, but I'll toss out one example

the way the upper castes treat the lower ones, including making them stupider and weaker.

and lo and behold, we do do that today, though not in the direct, organized way the book envisions.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The castes are all organized into their proper places in society. It's a hierarchy, Sherlock.