THANK GOD for the earthquake

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by sifreak21, Mar 16, 2011.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

preach that to christians.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Signal, the men that wrote the bible were human and prone to corruption just like all humans. Religion is just another way for humans to organize the masses. Nothing more!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

As Nietzsche said, if it don't kill you, it makes you stronger. For anyone who survives such a thing, they're potentially better off for the experience.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

PTSD is such an enriching life experience.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

uke:

8. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

And I should take your word for it because ...?

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

So was Motzart (a mere man), but it didn't stop him from creating beautiful, unique music.

Religion is used to manipulate, so are children, beautiful women/men, and science. But that doesn't mean they are false.

jan.

10. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

It obviously doesn't work if you have a negative attitude, pukey.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

You pointing fingers at christians is no better than christians pointing fingers at buddhists.

You want me to preach? Ok. We should all stop pointing fingers and get real, because if you can't see what's wrong with yourself you can't see at all.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

:idea: Perhaps you can compose a little ditty celebrating the benefits of narrowly escaping a horrible death? It might be a good thing to teach it to schoolchildren.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And polio. That's gotta be fun. Or motor neurone disease.

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I can see very well . A mad man across the water. Lori I am pointing my finger at you . In a good way though. You You You , your kind of like passing my own shadow. You sure you were born May 3 1967 or was that just teasing going on? That is just to freaky if you were telling the truth .

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Classic nursery rhyme material.

16. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

You mean you've never heard of the expression? I'm not saying that the experience is good, what I'm saying is that in life, it's the biggest challenges that tend to present the biggest opportunities for growth.

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

Oddly enough...there are beneficial aspects to having borne horrible crap...mostly just a suck-a-thon that keeps on giving, though

Nope. Modern research has proven Nietzsche to be full of it on this one... Trauma history raises your white blood cell count, raises the amount of inflammatory proteins you've got, increases memory problems, raises chances of getting autoimmune disorders, depression, sleep disturbances, substance abuse problems, having pisspoor relationships, divorcing, being unemployed/underemployed...

...It's actually best to think of people as rather like elastic-some are stretchier than others, but even the stretchiest elastic band will lose tensile strength from being stretched out often enough.

People vary in their resilience, but each trauma incident damages that resilience...possibly permanently.

Or the biggest opportunities to get permanently damaged. Resiliency is as least partly a physiological phenomenon, and some people don't have it.

18. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Because I am a great organizer!

19. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Okay, how bout Religion is a tool for fixing broken people!

20. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I was told to pray...still wanted to kill myself.

Took a little green and yellow Prozac...and *

21. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Okay. So what should we do instead of pointing fingers?
    I mean, we have to do something ...

22. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Duh.
    You're not serious.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

look in the mirror. practice discernment, honesty, and understanding. i really don't think it's possible to understand other people unless you understand yourself. god points out my faults to me, often times when i'm pointing a finger at someone else, i realize that i'm convicted of the same thing i'm criticizing. perhaps in a different circumstance, or to a different degree, but it's in me too. which i think makes me a better person. it's enlightening, and it makes me treat people differently. i mean is this lady supposed to be some fucking role model? a hateful liar? i don't think so.