The Big Bang Theory - Religion disguised as Science?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by dumbest man on earth, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

paddoboy, okay I get it. When I read "[4] The BB is not a theory about the creation of the Universe, rather it is a well supported theory regarding the evolution of space and time.", I was obviously mistaken, or confused, or addled in some way to think that what you actually meant to say was "[4] The BB is not a theory about the creation of the Universe, rather it is a well supported theory regarding the evolution of space and time.".

paddoboy, my bad! I stand corrected and am sorry if I indeed did misunderstand what you stated. As you already seem to know, I am wrong or incorrect quite often. Believe me, paddoboy, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

paddoboy, thanks again for the follow-up clarification. I am sorry for any confusion caused by my Postings.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Via a conspiracy of coincidence, I was thinking about where all the elements in the Periodic Table came from. According to BB theory, Hydrogen and Helium were the first elements to 'condense'.

Heavier 'metallic' elements, Li, Be, B, C, N, O, F, Ne, in the second row came along after the first stars formed.
    So the theory, in religious form, says the Periodic Table is accepted doctrine, explaining the genesis of the elements starting with H and He, the "first couple".

He he

And note that the second row contains C, N, O, which along with H make up most of "us".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. LaurieAG Registered Senior Member

Don't forget that Li in its carbonate form is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder or mania and Be is used to dope lenses.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.