The difference between a Rep. and Dem.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by truth, Feb 7, 2004.

1. truth Registered Senior Member

A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his
    business card and told him to come to his factory to apply for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help.

He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican's pocket and got out twenty dollars. He kept 15 for administrative fees and gave the homeless person five.

Now you understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Did you guys miss the truth? I might be visiting more often.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------------
    You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
    You've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string. Never compromise what's right, and uphold your family name. You've got to stand for somethingor you'll fall for anything. - Aaron Tippin

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

thats absurd. inherent in the republican policy is selfishness. it is about hoarding not giving or even contact with those lower than themselves. the poor are poor only because they are lazy right?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. truth Registered Senior Member

The absurdity is your inability to distinguish the difference between the two approaches. No one stated anything about the poor being lazy. Look again and attempt to understand the two approaches, if you still do not understand, I will be more than happy to help.
    ------------------------------
    To no one's surprise the proliferation of concealed carry laws in this country has resulted in a noticeable reduction in crime. The new laws do create a problem for the street punk, since he can no longer tell who is armed and who is not. Col. Jeff Cooper

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

One takes your money from your front pockets while the other takes it from your rear pockets.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

That statement is absurd for three reasons:
    1. It's a big generalization.
    2. It's an incorrect generalization.
    3. It is based on the premise that selfishness is wrong. It isn't.

Look at what George W. Bush and his cronies in the GOP have done to our budget with massive social spending.

I was a Republican for the first few years of my adult life and I had no problem with associating with those "lower" than me, whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. And there is nothing wrong with hoarding so long as that which you are hoarding is rightfully yours.

In some cases, yes. In other cases it's bad luck or stupidity.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Of course, when the homeless person turned up to the Republican's factory and applied for the job, he was told that he was not qualified, and that the Republican wasn't actually hiring any new workers, and that even if he was he would be employing his friends.

10. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

there is no difference between republicans and democrats. There is on the other hand, a big difference to the the extremists in each camp but practically, they have very nearly the same views (when compared to the rest of the planet) ... practically, they are both centrists.

personally I think this is a good thing (if frustrating) because the centre represents the majority but pretending they differ in any important way is silly.

11. zonabi free thinker Registered Senior Member

one starts with d and one with r.
    thats about all thats different.

they all sound, and dress, the same.

12. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

so judging by these statements you would agree that truths scenario is absurd as well. i hope i made my point.

13. chunkylover58 Make it a ... CHEEEESEburger Registered Senior Member

Republican: "You should be denied the right to say that, it offends me."
    Democrat: "You should be denied the right to say that, it might offend someone."

14. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

ONe dresses up better than the other.

15. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

I notice neither the Rep or Dem happened to be homeless.
    Perhaps their similarities outweigh their differences.
    I guess the homeless dude was just one of the apolitical herd.

So you gotta be in it to win it.
    How shitty is that in a so called free society?
    Dee Cee

16. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

Truth: your stories are always entertaining. However, you missed the part where the Republican and the Democrat then go home and make hot monkey love, because the two parties are in bed with each other.

Have fun voting in your one party system! I bet your vote makes a real difference.

17. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

Its actually kinda realistic in my view, reps make people work for dough
    dems subsidize. Woulda been much more honest if he said rep gave
    card and told to get work and dem gave directions to welfare. Thats
    much more realistic.
    And yes people are poor because they are lazy and they know
    that welfare check will feed em.

18. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

lol! not all poor people are on welfare you ass, most aren't.

19. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

you are sso out of touch. you talk about subsidies. republicans practically bribe the mid west farmers with subsidies for their votes. shouold i rationalize similar to you that those farmers only need subsidies because they are too lazy to run a money making farm?

open your eyes

20. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Yes, out of touch. It was a Democrat who phased out welfare. It was a Democrat who created a job & budget surplus. It is Republicans who maintain welfare, lose jobs, and run up debt. In the last 23 years we’ve had 15 years of Republican prez, 8 of Democrat. The Clinton years were by far the best economically. The only thing the Republicans have mastered is making people like you think they are doing what they don’t in fact do.

21. travis Registered Senior Member

LOL. When the "frontrunners" as determined by the media are both members of the same secret society, it makes me wonder why so many sheep think the Presidents themselves are actually in charge or that there is any difference between parties.

22. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Far more likely he was told that the whole factory is scheduled to close down next month because the entire labor department of the company is evaporating, and they will be using contractors set up in S.E. Asian Export zones to do the dirty business of actually manufacturing goods, so that all they have to do is "Add value" (Put their logo on it) and sell it along their competitors merchandise made by the exact same contractor, just with a different logo.

Furthermore he was told that if he wanted to stay personally competitive in the job market that he'd need to "Retrain" for a new job, though what money he'd use for that sort of thing, and exactly what sort of career he should be looking for as more and more jobs evaporate, well who knows, after all, it's not the Republican's problem that the homeless guy is lazy and doesn't want to work for a living.

Don't worry, though, there is a happy ending. The homeless guy may acctualy get a job paying less than minimum wage in an under the counter cash operation, because he happens to have a Spanish last name.

And another thing, all the workers of that factory could take comfort in the idea that simply doing away with the company's labor department lowers the bottom line remarkably, which of course helps the economy. Sure all that money goes straight into the CEO's pocket, but who cares, right? After all, it was his idea to put all those people out of work, shouldn't he get what he disserves?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  23. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

This is a typical rationalization of the uninformed. Clinton had a huge positive effect on many aspects of American life. It wasn’t luck. The Prez is the country’s biggest decision maker. They are actually in charge, although they are beholden. Everything else being equal, you want the candidate who is beholden to the largest number of people. Republicans serve a tiny minority. Democrats serve the rest.