The Earth is expanding , hence geological vault lines .

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by river, Aug 10, 2021.

1. river

So neither James R Nor billvon are reading it any time soon , for those that want to and will . Enjoy .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I suspect that the only reason any reasonable person read anything you recommend is to have a good chuckle at the idiocy therein, river.
    There's a very good reason you're excluded from the more serious parts of this forum.

That was way too many "reasons" for such a short reply

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Ah the know it all . Not someone to inspire an understanding from a different perspective . Your loss .

For those that are curious , they will read a book about this . Therefore They will understand .

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm curious - but not curious enough to read a book about an idea that has been so thoroughly debunked. I (and others here) DO understand - that the idea is nonsense. And your endorsement of the idea only reinforces that conclusion.

exchemist and Kristoffer like this.
  8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I also retain my curiosity.

But it is not inspired by every dog turd that I pass.

sideshowbob likes this.
  9. river

What book have any of you read about the expansion of Earth theory ? None no doubt .

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

And, just to be clear, my lack of curiosity about dog turds has resulting in me not seeking out whole books on the subject.

sideshowbob likes this.
  11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I asked you how the expansion of the earth is even physically possible and you said you didn't know. Didn't the book explain it? If it didn't explain it, what's in it worth reading?

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Or
    some claim that
    The earth is losing mass

14. river

Because Earth is losing mass . Its becoming less dense . Hence less gravity .

The heavier elements , break down into lighter elements .

The Earths' surface area is expanding . Earth's volume is increasing .

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  15. river

And arguments against theory , were about the rate of expansion , not that Earth wasn't actually expanding , Earth is expanding . It was the rate of expansion .

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

That's just such a pile of nonsense that it isn't worth addressing. Nobody could be that stupid.

Kristoffer likes this.
  17. billvon Valued Senior Member

1) Earth is losing mass through hydrogen and helium being blown away by the solar wind. The remaining elements are MORE dense, not less dense.
    2) Since the loss is in the atmosphere, it's not affecting gravity.
    No, no they really don't. You are thinking of radionuclides, which often DO break down to lighter elements. 99% of elements (including the heavier elements) are not radionuclides.
    Again, no. As the Earth's interior cools it shrinks. It's been cooling for a few billion years and will continue to do so; it is currently cooling at the rate of 100C per billion years.

Usually you accidentally get one or two facts right, but this time you batted exactly 0%. That's pretty impressive actually; I mean, even if you just randomly guessed you'd get about half those claims right.

exchemist and Kristoffer like this.
  18. river

So then why can't we put Pangea , 400 million yrs ago or more , together as a soild land mass ( all land masses connected together ) at Earths cuurent volume . That is a problem . Because if true then your thinking is wrong .

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why is it a problem? The Earth's surface is about 70% ocean. There's plenty of space to move the continents around.

20. exchemist Valued Senior Member

"Fascinating, Captain. Sensors indicate negative intelligence."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  21. sculptor Valued Senior Member

as/re SOHO studies, the earth's atmosphere goes beyond the moon.
    One wonders: How much of the aforementioned loss is still in the outer atmosphere?

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Your question makes no sense.

If the planet was perfectly flat there would be no land at all, and average ocean depth would be about 7000 feet. The only reason we have dry land is that tectonic processes push land upwards faster than erosion brings them down. So talking about the area of a solid land mass depends entirely on what those tectonic processes are doing, and nothing on the earth shrinking or expandind.

23. Tyler Shaw Banned Banned

The Earths shape is a product of the rotational force . The Earths rotation is slowing down slightly and as a consequence of this will slightly expand but remain the same mass . The density will be affected !
    Technically and more precisely , the longitude will contract in dimensions whilst simultaneously the latitude ''expands'' in dimensions. I loathe the word expand , increase suffices !

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021