The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Quantum Quack, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I had the priviledge of someone sending me this link. I had not seen it or heard it before...
    [video=youtube;TQmz6Rbpnu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQmz6Rbpnu0[/video]

Below an edited version of a popular "go-around" travelling the net.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Care to discuss?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wlminex Banned Banned

Y not!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. defekkto The Mexi-Canadian Registered Member

it appears she had not effect on the world... humans are only interested in personal gain, the benefit of the whole just doesn't process naturally. Some type of survival instinct I suppose...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Asking questions does no harm, it's the actions that affect the outcome based on the assessment. So Y not.

8. romnickhudges Registered Senior Member

Those question might be simple but if you think of it deeply they do have their own impact in the future if young adult would consider doing those things. The reality is, if you cannot make yourself productive then it only means you have wasted your life and that is actually embarrassing.

9. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

But what is "productive"? By destroying nature to build homes, make clothes, jewelry, cars, planes and on and on aren't we destroying all that we need to actually survive? We need food, clean water and clean air to LIVE not to be productive so I'd think that we are going the wrong way when we produce stuff that is actually killing us with pollution and taking away areas meant for farming. So looking at everything what would our productivity actually be useful for today? Making a profit and economic success would seem to be the motivating factors not trying to have a better world in which to live.

So if everyone was productive we would be in much worse conditions than we are for at least some humans try to survive with little needs for stuff that we produce other than food and clothing. Most people produce carbon dioxide as they breathe and that doesn't help our atmosphere very much because there's fewer plants today to change that into oxygen as in the past. So we are in actuality producing our own demise with the things we are doing to ourselves by forgetting that the more we create , the more we destroy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Severn Suzuki is the daughter of well known Canadian environmentalist David Suzuki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Suzuki

http://www.youthpolicy.org/environment/2012/06/12/severn-suzuki-challenges-a-new-generation/