The Pharmacology Sticky

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by John J. Bannan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Spaazkaz anti-religious spiritual type Registered Senior Member

in this order...

Salvinorin-A
    DMT
    LSD

I agree, DMT probably wins but pure salvinorin-A is arguably at least just as strong. More tests (controlled or otherwise) have been done with pure DMT/5-Meo-DMT:. it is easier to come to such a conclusion. DMT will easily propel people beyond mid/high dose(lower end) (I say this because a 'fingerprint' will leave you forever changed) LSD experiences, in a completely debilitating instantaneous way (smoked).

Also, there are many "research chemicals" out there with nearly equal strengths; especially psychedelics that require 1-2milligram sized dosages (LSD required 1/10th of a milligram or 100ug).

Again, it is very hard to compare all chemically altering substances as they all function differently (generally) and there are so many factors involved here. While a 100ug dose of LSD can be equated to a similar psilocybin experience, but up that to 350ug and it's a whole other story.

I apologize for the rant, hope it makes sense and i didn't just bump a 3 year old thread.

ABOVE ALL, BE SAFE!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH (and check your sources)!!! TRIPLE CHECK YOUR WEIGHTS AT DOSAGES THIS LOW.

That is all...

-Spaz-

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Is cyanide legal, then?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

how is that smoked LSD Spaazkaz

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Breaker Registered Member

There are actually synthetic cannabinoid which are much more powerful than this. Some are as much as 800x more powerful than THC. Many of these powerful cannabinoids are also full agonists at the C1 cannabinoid receptor. The effects of a full agonist would be different and likely more profound than those produced by partial agonists such as THC.

Why should nicotine be illegal? Lack of growth at an area where nicotine is dumped is not evidence for its toxicity in humans.

You are correct, fentanyl is much more powerful dosage wise than heroin, however carfentanil is many times more powerful than fentanyl. Heroin and morphine are usually the drug of choice because they more readily cross the blood brain barrier and produce a more powerful rush and because they bind to the mu opioid receptor with more selectivity than many other opiates, resulting a greater degree in euphoria.

Also, every drug you just named screws with one of the brains many neurotransmitter systems. How do you think they produce their effects?

8. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Back Pain, Marijuana, and Strange Additives

Hello!

I had a severe back injury some years ago, marijuana helps to ease that pain. When marijuana runs out you can smoke the resin. (essentially the build up of the smoke makes a tar that can be smoked again)

All these years of smoking I have only seen marijuana that turns white, even the resin turns white after smoking it. But after coughing up blood I am beginning to think some one has put strange additives in it.

The reason I know this is because for the first time in years the resin has turned a light pink instead of white, after it was depleted and smoked.

What chemical(s) turn pink or red after it has been burned?

Thanks (hopefully not opium or anything like that)

:shrug:

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am not sure about the chemical question, but I have another one if you don't mind.

I was wondering how much marijuana eases the pain? Did you take other medications as well? Compared to conventional medications, how well does it work?

I am curious because I have had a problem with my neck and upper back for the last yr but I am taking pain meds.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

shorty i think weed is psychotropic, ie it acts directly on the central nervious system rather than steriodal and non-steriodial anti inflamitories which act directly on the site of the inflimation

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

he could also be experiencing the placebo effect.

12. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

Marijuana is surprisingly effective on some types of pain.

People with sometimes even severe pain from terminal cancers note the reduction in pain from marijuana use. And these are people who have Fentanyl arm patches and Dilaudid and the like.

Diode man, 'resin' is almost pure tar. I hope you are using a water pipe with quite a bit of water to filter that if you are smoking it. As to the pink thing, it's nothing to worry about. It's more related to the temp of the burn and etc.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i doubt it, weed is used reasonably widely now in pain management for people with terminal cancer. its especially useful to counter the side effects of chemo and the munchies are a benifical side effect

14. John99 Banned Banned

on a scale of 1 to 10 ir is about a 2.

15. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Diodeman, are you smoking prescription shit? Ive never had resin turn pink before.

16. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I enjoy weed for my back pain. It isn't supposed to have garbage additives in it though. If it were legal that wouldn't happen! %$& *&% @@!$@#

The weed gets ya real stoned, its 10 for sure, but I think there is some strange chemicals on board.

I've never had resin turn pink before this year either!

No it isn't prescription. If it were this sort of shit would never happen!

Once I smoked half a bag and some m*ther f*ckers had put tons of pubic hairs in it to weigh it down! I didn't realize there were pubic hairs in it till it was half smoked!

The republican party is a bunch of anti-weed-pro-heroin-Nazis.

Legalize Legalize Legalize! :m: THE HERB! :m:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  17. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

One bowl of marijuana eases the pain quite nicely, and makes sleeping much easier. That is most likely 1/3rd of a gram.

But for a woman/first timer (more women are sensitive to it), I would suggest more like 1/4 of a gram. One thing for sure is that if you're using pain meds already, that may weaken marijuanas potential to help. But I'd say its worth a try on the weed, pain meds are near impossible to get off after too many years of use.

If the marijuana works for you, then I suggest getting a vaporizer, that way you don't smoke unneeded plant material.

Listen to some calm meditative music and give it a smoke.

18. jnc1110 Registered Senior Member

You know, we're supposed to all be scientists so we should all care about preserving our brain cells and memory capabilities. Smoking weed does impact your memory from the time you smoke it until the high leaves your system, but I would like to see studies done to analyze its effects when stored in fatty tissues. Maybe its just a preconceived thought, but doesn't marijuana affect your long-term memory capabilities when used in excess for extended periods of time? I'll be a college senior after this semester so I care about my brain very much.

19. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Lol, wait..wtf..how can you not notice that there are pubic hairs in it...by the time you lit some fire you should have noticed

Change the dealer.

20. The Breaker Registered Member

This is partly true. Steroids and NSAIDs do not act on the brain or CNS. Marijuana has actions on both the CNS and PNS which contribute to its analgesia.

21. The Breaker Registered Member

Propaganda. Marijuana does have effects on short term memory which are almost universally observed. One of the roles of cannabinoids in the brain is probably to help filter out that which is unnecessary to remember. However, effects on long term memory have not been shown in studies. Also, marijuana does not kill braincells. In fact, many of the synthetic cannabinoids have actually been shown to help prevent brain damage and promote brain cell growth. These cannabinoids are many times more powerful than any of the chemicAls in marijuana, but it's still worth looking at.

22. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

there is a big stink that fibromyalgia is bs.. yet there are prescription drugs available.. like lyrica ... what it does is scramble the nerve impulses... I got it after rot. cuff surgery and was given lyrica which was way too intense for me... they toned it down to something else.. but it was the same type of med... scrambled nerve impulse.

Weed does the same thing.. I can take 2 or 3 puffs and the pain is gone for 8-12 hours. Much more effective than taking Ibuprofen takes less time and certainly it's a smaller amount of stuff than the 2 pills.

It's total bs that there is so much controversy on medical use of MJ.. it's all about it cutting into the profits of the Pharma companies who own the politicians. They can't compete against something that can be grown in your backyard.

We like to say we are a free country .. yet let big business dictate what freedom is

23. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

The resin turns color based on the variety of weed. Pretty harmless. If you have heroin or coke or PCP in there, watch for a sharp, non-skunky smell.