The Picture Thread

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by goofyfish, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hmm..golly gee, I caused a ruckus. I am a little rock on the ground next to a schoolteacher's house in Germany, if you were wondering. Well, that clears up this mess.

To Stryder:
    Celine Dion is not, never was, and never will be a Lesbian! Don't you go spreading rumours about her! You go sell 145 million records and see how you'd feel if some guy called you a Lesbian! You'd feel like dirt! Now clean your mouth and repent!
    whew...I needed to get that out. About the 'Conservative Connection', if you go into that icky 'Conservatives' thread, you'll find me explain how being gay relates to being a Conservative. You missed it, poor you, boo hoo.

I am not a lesbo, I never mentioned being a lesbo. I never even used the word.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scilosopher Registered Senior Member

Congratulations,
    I would think someone who had sold 145 million records would not be so insecure. Especialy since there isn't anything wrong with being a lesbian. People mistaking your sexuality shouldn't make you feel like dirt.

are you sure you're not a straight guy in love with celine??

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I got this one crazy question I cannot find answer for about a year. If a man does a plastic surgery and becomes a woman, makes love to woman is he a lesbial???? or better - If a gay becomes a woman and makes love to them, is he now considered hetero sexual???????

really stupid question, but I find these aspects really wierd

Cheers!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Congrat's

I'm not repenting when you posted this:
    http://www.sciforums.com/f12/s/showthread.php?s=&postid=62652#post62652

As for that whole Lesbian bit, I tell you that it was archived originally, And I have witnesses that saw the post too. It's noted because I mentioned to them "Look this person is claiming to be 14 and a lesbian with a Liberal attitude. Either they are going to get themselves in trouble or they are trying to catch someone causing trouble."

Of course that post seems to be no where within the Database.

Just a question for you, a Hetrosexual to a ... Well what ever you wanna be called....

Why on earth do you think that all us people out here in the world that buzzes around your head, Actually want to know about your sexual preferences????

I don't ask peoples sexual preferences, and I prefer not to be told. I'm sure there are many other people like that too. I know you'll probably bring up the whole "We have rights!", well I bring up.. "When you say that and wipe our rights out, why should we give you yours?"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2002
  8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Where does it say that he's a lesbian?

9. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Oh Stryder

I was trying to rememebr any 'lesbian' comment on my part- the only one I could remember was in a thread called 'Vespertine' in the Art/Culture Forum. Bebelina mentioned how she had had 'lesbain dreams' about Bjork. Well, maybe she didn't actually say 'Lesbian', but I kind of inferred it.

But moving on, I had said casually that I was gay about 15 times already here at Sciforums. When it comes to the point that you realize people are already laughing at you because they thought you were female, and no one really picked up on your sexuality previously, you just want to drop the bomb in a totally untasteful way to be funny, that's all.

How you get that I have, or ever have had, a liberal attitude is strange. I thought I was pretty unabashedly Conservative around here, although no one will believe me. I don't want your rights- I don't want gay marriage, the whole bit. I understand the concept that by asking for these special privelages we feel are solving things by counter-acting past injustices, we are in fact hurting our won self-motivation. That goes for all of minority groups.

I would like to ask that you never brought up that you were heterosexual, (ahem?)
    You obviously have no problem stating your sexual preference. And if you know what heterosexual means, you should at least be able to infer the proper term for 'gay'. It's homosexual. I'm not a tranasvestite, trans-gender, queer, or anything like that. I don't think homosexuality comes with any other charaterstic than sexual attraction. It hasn't been discovered, but I wouldn't be so quick to argue with the idea that homosexuality is genetic.

How hard would it be for you to be attracted to a man? What type of trauma would it take for a drastic change to occur in your sexuality. Basically, none. You're heterosexual and that's it. It's just as hard for me to imagine being attracted to a woman.

Oh, Childhood, you say. You were a mama's boy. You had too many stuffed animals. You didn't have enough quality time with your father. Well, I'm sorry, but I was never a mama's boy, I loved doing 'dad stuff' with my dad- we built a fort together, went to the hardware store together, stuff llike that. When I was little I always followed my mom around, of course. But no more than any other kid. Probably less.

What I mean to say is that find nothing wrong with anyone being straight. Or gay. I do have problems with transvestites, who I view as subjecting to their own wekanesses that they are not worthy to be their own sex. They don't have any more exclusivity for wanting to wear women's clothes as I do for wanting to wear khakis, and don't deserve any. It's conscious, not instinctual.

Please, though, think about this. You'll say that you don't want to know about anyone's sexuality. It surely makes you seem more neutral. Fact is, when you hear someone say they're gay, you don't like it. By saying that if you never heard it, you would never have reacted, and therefore the blame for controversy is handed down entirely to the sayer you are creating more problems than you are solving.

You have the right to react any way you want. I don't care if anyone simply does not like gay people. It's their right. I have every right to say what you have every right to get angry about. We shouldn't be debating on intentions when deciding whether or not something should be said. You have good intentions when wanting to stop a feud in a way that applies personal accountability to people. In theory, it's good for everyone. If it worked, I would supoport. But it doesn't. It just gets people angrier at you. Of course I wish I could change the viewpoint of people like you; it would make my life a whole lot easier. I can't, and I won't. You have every right to dislike me, and I respect all of your rights in all of their totality. I totally abdicate any bias in terms of how I perceive you.

I never decided to be gay. I discovered I liked guys the same time you discovered you liked girls. I never had any problems, so I rolled with it. I didn't pick up anything from it, no mannerisms I treasure as part of my 'self-identity'. I act gay to make people laugh; almost as if I'm making fun of mass perception.

I've said a lot more than the point I wanted to make-which was that by saying I'm not at fault for being gay, I don't have the right to say I have no part in the problem by saying it. That's just stupid. Of course, if no one knew people were gay, there would be no problems. I never made a thread about "Why Congratulations is proud of his Sexuality" because I'm not. Being attracted to men is not something I'm proud of, nor is it something I disdain. It's as natural to me as the routine pumping of blood from my heart. That's as far as it goes.

You're on the right track, Stryder, with your opinions. Sure, you dislike gay people, but that;'s not part of the equation in how to deal with a problem. It may be strange, but I agree with you more about homosexuality than I disagree. The stuff I agree about is just harder and deeper to explain in a reactionary way.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well, don't forget I was laughing about the whole thing (and still am), I am a democratic liberal, which comes with the ability to only persecute people because of how stupid they are. In fact I really despise this one girl at school that acts exactly the same way I do but that's beside the point...

So don't think for a moment that I don't like you because you're gay. I don't like you because you're even more egotystical than I am and aren't nearly as funny. I get the feeling that you may be again inferring that I'm gay, but seriously I don't need to prove to someone out in the stinking wasteland of New Jersey that I'm not. So I won't.

But congrats did you ever pick up on anyone treating you like you were a girl? You know, acting a little softer on the edges, that sort of thing? From the first time we started arguing I was convinced, completely convinced you were a girl.

Technically I don't see how giving gay's as many rights as straight's wipes away straight's rights, nor do I see what is wrong with gay marriages. But, like before, we have wandered from the original post, so all of us should probably just drop it.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Scilo, how utterly cruel and mean of me, it will never happen again.

But I often post something in one forum, then forget in which it was, and can therefore not reply directly. I seldom check all the forums when I´m here.

Are you saying that you don´t want to see any more pictures of moi?

But, but....

Congrats, I find it strange that you think Celine would be offended by being called a lesbian, why do you think that?

12. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

scilosopher...

Ok. But i don't drink alcohol. Coke is fine...

13. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

Congrat is...

I don't belive at all. I believe... er... I'm sure... really sure that Congrat is hermaphrodite!

you know... doing it with him... er... her... er... itself?

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Nice picture, ismu.

Maybe it'd be funny, once I got my pic on the site today or tommorow, if you took all of our heads and put them on top of various characters from the Rocky Horror Picture show?

15. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

No problem

16. esp Registered Senior Member

What is this?

Coming out on forums en masse?

Congrats,
    BTW the correct term is homosexual, but there are several others I quite like. Strangely, bender is one of my faves!

17. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I don't give a shit what cograts describes himself as. I just think he's cute

18. scilosopher Registered Senior Member

Bebelina,
    Even though you are in Sweden (my grandma was swedish) now knowing what you look like it's hard to resist virtual flirting. I was slightly chagrined when you didn't reply (especially since you spread so much general love). I guess I have to work on my technique. Or maybe start coloring my font to make it stand out. Then again I'm generally not too flash. No need to apologize - just say yeah redheads or I want your body or something.

Feel free to post as many pictures as you want. Even if I didn't enjoy them myself, others might harangue me to no end if I played some role in stopping you from posting more pics. I think either you or Ismu wins for creativity so far. Very cool.

Ismu,
    Awesome pic, I didn't expect you to actually do that! You know after a couple recent experiences I think maybe I should stop drinking too. It's just that my school has an hour of free beer twice a week and it's hard to avoid getting a little more drunk than intended under the circumstances. Then again I'm always ok when I have to pay for my own beers and Moe certainly isn't giving them away free (I don't know if that makes me stingy for not being an alcoholic already or just stupid for drinking too much just cause it's free).

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Congrats

I only brought Up that I was Hetrosexual because you brought up you were gay, If you won't allow me that right I'll start a STRAIGHT MARCH!!!! MARCH 1ST is the First Annual
    Straight march!!!!!

We'll write letters to our political representatives, demanding that our Straight ruling must be heard because our rights to free-speech depend on it.

Where ever you are on that day, If your Hetrosexual.. Let everyone know!!!!!! (you might even get a date out of it lol)

20. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

My Piccy

Thought I'd bite the bullet too
    Forgive the terrible lighting I'm actually ten times more fabulous than this. Well maybe not but I have a big dick so who the hell cares.

Peace unto you

21. scilosopher Registered Senior Member

bbcboy,
    What exactly is that odd contraption hanging on the wall to the left of your head??

(I assume it isn't one of those things that one can use to overcome genetics and get an artificial confidence boost ; )

22. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

OK, so here's my drivers license image. Scoff all you want, but my hair is normally much more moppish and these days I tend to have a beard of some sort (and a more disgruntled expression).
    So it goes.

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It looks like a floating trash can...

I just saw porfiry's pic-I thought drivers licenses were supposed to look bad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.