The Post Whatever Thread

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by serenesam, Jul 8, 2018.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Don't give up. Keep tryyyy-ing!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Wit that hent i choose #4

mmatt9876 and wegs like this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

You win the internet!!

Good job.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Thanks... but it kinda hurt my brain

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

lol I know, it was a tough one. Knowing the answer didn't make it any easier - I was like, ''why is it #4?"

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well done Clueless. Very clever!

10. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I am sorry. I must be explaining myself wrong.

The sun sets on the west coast of America over the Pacific Ocean, not in the east over mainland America, right?

Right. If that is as far as the eye can see.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I had given up on tryin to figer it out until Wegs gave the clue... i figered you alredy had the answr but gonna let somone else win.!!!

I normaly avoid brain strain.!!!

About 40 years ago when i was at in-laws for Thanksgivin a brother in law ask if i knew how to play chess… i said yes but i dont like to play… he read chess books an played a lot an he asked over an over for me to play.!!!

I like his wife an i baby set ther little dauter for 6 months while i was laid off… but he wasnt my favort brother in law for sure.!!!

Under pressure i finaly said i woud play but i had decided to make quick moves to get it over wit but the game was still takin a while… an by then a bunch of family had crowed into the room to watch… i wasnt payin much attenton to the game - just playin very quick an aggressive figerin i woud be maikn mistakes an the game woud end soon but he kept takin longer an longer to move… an soon after he was check mated -- an immediately wanted to play anuther game but i said no - that i dont like the game… an that was the last game of chess i ever played

When around 12 i played checkers wit a strate A's girl cousin... i didnt realize she was gettin mad about loosin ever time until the last game when she flipped the "wooden" checker bord into the air an the checkers went flyin... Yikes.!!!

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

if two immovable objects meet. how did the get there ?

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

At most, only one of these statements can be true, because if two were true they would contradict one another.

Suppose 5 is true. But in that case it would contradict itself, so 5 must be false.
    Suppose, then, that 4 is true. If all the others are false, there's no inconsistency with what 4 asserts.
    Suppose that 3 is true. That means that 3 is asserting that 2 statements are true. But that's impossible, because they would be making contradictory claims.
    Similarly for 2 and 1.

Therefore, 4 must be true, and the rest false.

Right?

mmatt9876 likes this.
  14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Right.

mmatt9876 likes this.
  15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

why must people proceed to stack things in front of and around fire extinguishers ?
    it beguiles my mind to think how completely clueless they are and how far away from them i would want to be in an emergency situation.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I guess for the same reason we don't all live underground to avoid asteroid impacts. Or stop building cities on dormant volcanoes.

Events may be catastrophic - but if they're not imminent, that correlates with low relevance to every day life.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

QUOTE="RainbowSingularity, post: 3581360, member: 285295"]if two immovable objects meet. how did the get there ?[/QUOTE]

Simple... the space between 'em was removed.!!!

DaveC426913 likes this.
  18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Also clever.

Careful Clueless, you're gonna have to give up your username...

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I learned to play chess almost sixty years ago. My dad was teaching my brother - who was two-and-a-half years older - so of course little brother had to play too. We didn't have a chess set so Dad cut out cardboard squares and wrote on them P, R, Kn, B, Q and K. He used to give us a chance to win by pointing out our bad moves and by playing without a queen. Later on, he bought a wooden set but one of the pawns got lost so he whittled a new one. He and my brother played every Sunday afternoon for thirty-five years until he died. My brother still plays on Sunday afternoons with one of Dad's old friends.

My brother got pretty good to the point where Dad couldn't beat him very often. I, on the other hand, never improved much.

But I did do some wood-carving; one time, a friend lost a pawn from a set that he had bought in Mexico, so I made him a new one; it was better than the one that Dad made.

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Never... it was given to me by my make-believe on-line wife.!!!

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hip hip hooray for Clueluss!

cluelusshusbund and sideshowbob like this.
  22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Flat cardbord chess pieces woud add a measure of difficulty to the game… but that type of chess set was very benificial to me in my very first game.!!!

Back in my teens me an a school buddy was roomin together an he ask if i knew how to play chess an i said no - an he kinda snickered.!!!

The next weekend i went back to my hometown to see my girlfrind… an while i was thar i got a cheep plastic chess set an learned how to move the pieces an got a general idea of how the game was played… an then when i went back to the town i was workin in i ask my roommate to teech me how to play chess… an he didnt realy want to an besides he said we didnt have a bord or chess pieces… so i suggested that we draw a chess bord on some cardbord an write the names of the chess pieces on bits of paper an play wit that… an he agreed.!!!

He went over it wit me how the pieces moved an then the game began… he moved fast an i moved slow… he even started readin a book while we played… an then after a while he started payin attention an put the book down cause he was in serious trouble… but it was to late… he lost… an immediately wanted to play agan… but i said no… i just wanted to learn how to play... an kinda snickered… lol.!!!

I also hung the “chessbord” on the wall of my side of the room

I never whittled a chess piece but i did whittle a knife once.!!!

23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You seem to be a chess savant.