The Qur'an

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Jul 23, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually it doesn't bother me. I grew up wth the concept of patala and naraka and hence hell is a perfectly valid paradigm of accountability for me. You guys like your beliefs dry and literal, we like ours colourful and allegorical.

You're confusing Islam with Christianity
    Actually I lived among those and they were as cut off from reality as the rest. There is something to be said I think for hyperbole in speech. Saying "Death to America" is less cumbersome than trying to stitch together broken bodies. I'm sorry if it offends you but if there is something that needs to be changed/reconsidered its not the Arabic language or its tendency to hyperbole or even the religion of Islam.

Its your society's attitude to the rest of world and the people who live in it. All the PC language in the world is not enough to make up for it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Few people from a Western Christian fundie country have much altitude for viewing the violence of other people's cults.

I'm reading the Quran, and describing it.
    Who?
    And something to be said against it, when it is being employed to launch wars and do murder in the streets - as you are not shy of noticing, when it's the hyperbole of others.
    The faults of others do not excuse those of Islam.

That's just because of the weaponry advantage. That will change, in time.

And all the changing of it will not help the Islamic worlds. They need their devils, as all the Abrahamic peoples do, and will breed their own if deprived of the foreigner's help.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Will it? Lets see. All your PC language does not change the utter lack of credibility that your society conveys when it comes to any issue of justice and tolerance beyond self interest. So I'll place my faith in those that at least have a history, as we Indians do, of live and let live, inspite of the various levels of hells we design for our infidels.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I was referring to Islamic violence, the kind we see every day.

Why? Are you not able to come up with any other options? Is your cult so stifled it is unable to change it's course of mankinds destruction?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You do? Where do you live? Afghanistan?

Whats the best option between occupation and suicide?

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Try starting with your own internal strife. You'll find that once you've solved those problems, your delusions will diminish.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Occupation is a state of mind? Interesting.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Ergot mysticism?

Give 'em some rye ergot and a copy of the Book of Lies. I would be fascinated to see what the Muslim world's Aleister Crowley would be like.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Crowley's mother, at the very least, belonged to a nineteenth-century Irish-based sect called Plymouth Brethren, which still exists today. While Crowley is oft-reviled as a Satanist, that's not quite accurate; his infamous names "Beast" and "666" were bestowed him by his loving mother. Crowley himself had a fondness, at least in late youth, for the hallucinogenic effects of C. purpurea, otherwise known as rye ergot.

Notes:

Perdurabo, Fr. "Chinese Music". Book of Lies. 1913. PuggryDuckling.com. October 1, 2009. http://www.puggryduckling.com/uncle_al/lies/48.html

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

We weren't comparing societies - and the "credibility" of a society doesn't strike me as of much use in such a comparison, especially as "conveyed" to someone. Neither does the "self-interest" of a society, for that matter.

Are you really taking the position that the Iraq invasion, and the horrors thereof, and the official lying and corruption accompanying the lot, were in the "self-interest" of American society?

You don't, actually. Your rigid enforcement of a caste system - about as far as one can get from "live and let live" - is one of your most historically characteristic features.

And the intersection of the Quran with that setup would be a really fascinating area, if it could be (has been) investigated with reasonable clarity.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Are you being occupied, Sam? Tortured? Imprisoned? Victimized?

Or, are you leading the comfy life completely disengaged from such things?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure it wouldn't be the first time the best laid plans went awry, the last 20 years in the same two countries might have led to expectations of an easy layover.

That depends, is it a state of mind or an internal strife?

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not of the society. American society made no such plans, and paid no attention to either country. I doubt one American in a hundred could locate either one on an unlabeled map.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And? Since when has ignorance stopped Americans?

Haven't you been following the discussion on this thread, for instance?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What it is exactly, is those who follow the Islamic cult allow their violent brethren to continue unfettered. Instead of dealing with it, they would rather join in as silent partners and spit venom at cartoonists. Sad really.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

When we could all commit silent genocides take the resources as our manifest destiny and live happily ever after? Or are you inclined to reject misbegotten wealth as beneath you?

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It prevents them from recognizing their self-interest and making plans.

Your presumption that surveying the last 20 years of easy pickings led to complacent approval by American society of invasion plans for Iraq is silly, for example. American society had - still has, actually - no idea of what the pickings have been in Iraq for the past twenty years.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Or the last 100 presumably, but who's counting? Or even remotely interested?

Except as part of the volunteer army that does the grunt work.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I reap that which I sow. Why do want to commit genocide?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't. You just follow those who "clear and hold" the land for you.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, I don't do that, either.