The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

After losing again, Trump is now threatening to torpedo Obamacare by not paying the subsidies as required by law. So what happens next? Will Trump withhold the subsidy payments? If he does, it will be catastrophic. It will be the end of the Republican Party. While dramatic and flamboyant, and Trump likes the dramatic and flamboyant, it would screw Trump's base and the American healthcare system. It would be the end of the Republican Party and ruin the healthcare markets in the process. Is Trump really that dumb? I don't think anybody has lost a dollar underestimating Trump's stupidity. I guess we will have to hope smarter people in the White House prevail.

Congressional Republicans want to move on to the budget and tax reform. Yeah, Republicans were counting on taking a trillion dollars out of Obamacare to fund their tax cuts, but they need to get over it. They have spent 6 months dedicated to repealing Obamacare and it has gone nowhere. Do they really want to waste another 6 months, a year, 2 years, 4 years on healthcare repeal and replace? If this continues Trump's term will be over and he will have accomplished nothing.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If only that we could be so lucky...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

ElectricFetus likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Or... he could have been fired 0o'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mmunications-director/?utm_term=.fe7d487f4ea5
    Anthony Scaramucci removed as White House communications director
    Anthony Scaramucci has been removed as White House communications director at the request of White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, just days after being named to the job, according to two people with knowledge of the decision.

Scaramucci's brief tenure in the role had been marked by turmoil as he feuded publicly with former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus. Scaramucci's arrival at the White House prompted former press secretary Sean Spicer to resign in protest.

The abrupt decision signals that Kelly is moving quickly to assert control over the West Wing, which has been characterized by interpersonal disputes and power struggles during Trump's six months in office.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Chaos in the White House continues....Scaramucci sold his company to the Chinese to get this job.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh shit never mind, who gives a fuck about Trump, HBO has been hacked Game of thrones episodes are to be leak, head must roll and be put on pikes for this!

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I admit, ten days is ... you know, actually, I'm not going to say anything because my understanding is that incomplete, but yeah, ten days.

RT if you've had a period that lasted longer than Scaramucci

The social media director↱ for Allure magazine would appear to have won the internet, today.

Notes:

@Allure_magazine. "RT if you've had a period that lasted longer than Scaramucci". Twitter. 31 July 2017. Twitter.com. 31 July 2017. http://bit.ly/2uRFFCh

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

#2017 | #aTrumpOddity

Via msnbc↱:

For context, let's note that Jack Koehler served for nearly two weeks as Reagan's communications director in 1987 before stepping down. There was a controversy surrounding Koehler's participation as a child in a Hitler youth program in Germany in 1940.

Regardless, Scaramucci's tenure was so short, it hadn't actually begun in earnest: though Donald Trump tapped him for the job just 10 days ago despite his total lack of qualifications or relevant skills, Scaramucci's first official day on the White House payroll was still two weeks off.

It's a weird thing about punch lines; I can't see the tree for the forest.

Wrong metaphor. How about: My God! It's full of jokes!

Never mind.

Notes:

Benen, Steve. "Anthony Scaramucci out as White House Communications Director". msnbc. 31 July 2017. msnbc.com. 31 July 2017. http://on.msnbc.com/2vbGLey

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    joepistole likes this.
  15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Local national news:

Donald Trump: Boy Scouts reportedly unsure who told President speech was 'greatest ever'
    src: www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-02/donald-trump-says-boy-scouts-speech-was-greatest-ever/8767466

Trump:

"I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts, saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful."

When asked by Time Magazine about the message to Mr Trump, the organisation said it was not aware of any call from the national leadership team.

"The chief Scout executive's message to the Scouting community speaks for itself," Scouts told Time.

The tone of the speech attracted widespread criticism and prompted chief Scout executive Michael Surbaugh at the weekend to offer his "sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree".

16. Xmo1 Registered Senior Member

NORTH KOREA: (I) think there is no diplomatic solution. Never-the-less, we must do everything possible to save their civilization. That means trading with NK, where either they give up their threatening nuclear assets, or replace heads of state that threaten other civilizations - for - dropping all sanctions, and other economic barriers to their continued success in producing a healthy society, and further provide un-uniformed UN support to aid their medical, agricultural, and small business economics should they request it. Mexico, and Canada could as well assist in bringing aid to the North Korean people.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I have made a thread for this issue.

18. geordief Valued Senior Member

It was me.I thought he needed moral support (or was that his morals needed supporting?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

19. Xmo1 Registered Senior Member

Thank you ElectricFetus. I only have one idea on the issue. Wonder if mods will tag me for cross-posting. I can't immediately see how to edit, delete, or transfer this one (my posting). So I will see I guess. Thanks again.

20. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Poor Trump.
    He just doesn't get it.
    When he recommended firing Gen. John Nicholson saying:
    "We aren't winning",
    it seems that he was met by a roomful of blank stares.

It seems that Trump just doesn't get it:
    The military ain't in it to win it.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What are they "in it" for.???

22. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Good question.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.