The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Assad is in no way genocidal, and your claims about Russian participation in arming somebody in Iraq or Afghanistan are propaganda fantasies.
    The lies are on your side. What Russia has done in Crimea has not killed anybody, but protected Crimea from the civil war which started in the parts where the Russians have not acted like in Crimea. The Sino-Vietnamese conflict lasted a few weeks and ended with the withdrawal of the Chinese troops, it was started to penalize Vietnam for invading Kampuchea. The minor border conflicts have been finally settled 1991. Instead, the US has fighting Afghan people since 2001 and continues to occupy the country, it invaded Syria and occupies there regions containing oil to steal it, occupies Iraq since 2003, with many hundred thousands, some say millions, of victims.
    Except that I never said China's behavior relative to Taiwan is ok.
    I think that China will, if it can do it, take Taiwan. And that's all. This does not mean that I think taking Taiwan is ok.
    The double standards are on your side.
    A ceasefire fail would not be a start of a war, from the point of view of international law. Even if one would count it as starting a war, it would be either Marocco or Polisario who start the war. US (Trump) would count only if they would invest a lot of money to one of the sides under the condition that they have to start the war.
    A war between Palestinians and Israel is a war between Palestinians and Israel. Either Israel or the Palestinians have to start it. US (Trump) would count only if they would invest a lot of money to one of the sides under the condition that they have to start the war.
    Trump has yet some time to start wars. I'm not a prophet to claim that he will not do this. The possibilities you mentioned would not be sufficient.

This is something I would ignore as a conspiracy theory. Starting from the "reluctance to prevent the virus from spreading from China". The arrests against Huawei have been AFAIU mirrored by similar arrests of some Canadians. Officially no connection at all, but one can guess that if there will be no extradition, the fate of those Canadians would improve.
    You not only "not overly censor [your]selves when it comes to freedom of press or speech", but, AFAIU, have also contributed in more direct (and illegal) ways to what happened in Hong Kong. At least that is claimed by the Chinese (but I have not verified that myself, so may be that's wrong). If that's true, blame yourself. If not, verbal support of an uprising in another state is also already some support, and can be punished too.
    I doubt that the trade war with Australia can be blamed on Trump.
    I consider only wars which have been started with a clear intention to start a war.
    No. Beyond the triviality that he can yet start one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Some things Trump did I liked. Most of them because they weakened the globalist's positions worldwide. Those I liked most were, unfortunately, not finished - the deep state prevented this: Withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan. Some were simply good: Some CIA payments to Syrian terrorists have been stopped.
    The Syrian civil war pages mention an escalation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–2013_escalation_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War starting in June 2012, Clinton's tenure is Jan. 2013. Wiki writes about Clinton's part things like
    So, Clinton was even more aggressive than the rest of the administration.
    Most of this was weakening the global influence of the US, that means, it was IMHO quite positive. The crippling of the diplomacy was also positive, given that US diplomacy already has ceased to create something positive before Trump. In particular, Russia has declared that the US is "недоговороспособно" (unable to make/hold agreements) after several agreements with Kelly have been simply ignored or openly sabotaged by the Pentagon, Obama time. The role of US diplomacy is quite different from usual diplomacy - the deliver the commands to the vassals, and they organize color revolutions against non-vassals. Weakening them is, therefore, even positive. It leads to delivering the commands to the vassals in quite undiplomatic form, presenting those governments as what they really are (vassals who have to follow the commands), destroys coordination in their aggressive structures like NATO, decreases the quality of support of color revolutions, which therefore fail with higher probability.
    Full agreement. This was my point.
    Indeed. And I emphasize such legality now too.
    Empty claims don't count. Feel free to present evidence.

Given that I have not cared much about China, it is quite possible that you will find something if you really search. Mao was certainly able and willing to commit war crimes. And they supported mass murderers like Pol Pot in Kampuchea. I would not exclude as well Soviet war crimes in Afghanistan - I have heard second hand rumors about such crimes at that time in Soviet Union, but not seen a serious confirmation for this. The first Chechen war would be also a place to search - it was quite chaotic from Russian side, genocidal from Chechen side (there were many Russians living in Chechnya in Soviet times, none after that war) so that I would expect that some Russian soldiers have answered such things symmetrically, and this would already be a war crime.
    Seems like you have not understood what I have written.

Beyond this, let's note that the Tibetians and Uighurs are Chinese citizens living on Chinese territory, so that this has nothing to do with war, that the Ukrainians are today under essentially Bandera-fascist rule, so that you have to replace "Russia" with "Ukraine", and that the Kurds in Syria are much less repressed than those in NATO member Turkey.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

1898 till 1902. they were the first possession we took in the spanish american war to gain their independence as for the second question that would be hard to answer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yes he is
    where do you think all the AKs and such are coming from?

nope.
    russia strted the civil war and has killed several ukrainians.
    you need to learn how to read. i specifically mentioned a territory. johnsons reef. this was a few years ago.
    well except for attacking vietnamese forces a few years ago.
    we have been fighting a terror group that attacked us there and they were harboring. you can argue that we need an exit stratergy pretending us being there wasn't justified after 9/11 would be a foolish endeavor.
    we have not invaded sryia, we are fighting ISIS you know the people your fav state russia is defending in syria.

you have a remarkable ability to miss the point

don't worry we all know if they do you'll support it.

what double standards? unlike you im holding everyone to the same standard. you are literally lying about russia invading ukraine and illegally annexing territory.

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And what does all this prove? The US form of government is not benign?
    https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-type-of-government-does-the-united-states-have.html

9. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Big Time

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

So you believe starting a war and being responsible for a war are two different things? ...uh ok..
    so I repeat:
    So you believe starting a war and being responsible for a war are two different things? ...uh ok..
    the Canadians were arrested as retaliation for the arrest of the Chinese executive, if I recall correctly.
    and sure it is merely a conspiracy theory based on purely circumstantial evidence, coincidence and speculation. Just like most of your theories....but my CT is way more significant than your CT...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

• USA China relationship deteriorates significantly
    • Private Chinese citizen executive of massive multi-national corp arrested for theft of tech secrets.(December, 2018) (the daughter of the founder of the tech giant )
    • China retaliates by arresting Canadians.
    • Major Chinese mobile 5G tech banned around the globe. (including Australia) because of suspicions regarding national security and covert surveillance.
    • Covid 19 pandemic ensues, most likely originating in Wuhan China.
    • The Wuhan virology lab is probably funded by Huawei which is China's biggest corporation.
    • Worst affected nation USA
    • blah blah blah...
    it is obvious that my CT is supported by circumstantial facts...no?
    You can't arrest the daughter of the founder of Huawei International and expect quiet acceptance.

The Chinese government can make all sorts of claims just like you do...and rarely support them with facts that matter.

Very poor diplomacy when dealing with a nation that has a severe inferiority complex, has all sorts of consequences.

so wars started by accident, misadventure, incompetence, miscalculated covert action, risk etc are not wars.... OK... interesting...
    The only reason why Iran is not at war with the USA is because the USA acknowledged that Trump made a huge mistake in the assassination of that diplomat by allowing Iran a free shot at their bases. It is not to be underestimated just how big the back down was by the USA. All USA diplomats would have been seriously threatened if he hadn't. Covering Trump's ass has been a full time job for many in the USA government...no doubt..

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I wonder if Republicans have noticed that Trump has threatened, fired, and replaced only Republicans.
    So which party does Trump perceive as the enemy and is in fact dismantling ? It isn't the Democratic party.

The irony is astounding.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I have often posted that i thought Trump would lead to the destruction of the Republican party. That being said the best thing that could have happened for the Dems could be Trump.

Write4U likes this.
  14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Further good news. SCOTUS has rejected the mass State assault on Constitutional Law.
    All we need now is to avoid attemps at secession and/or civil war. This is not yet over.

Trump's very freedom hangs in the balance and he will resort to any measure to avoid prosecution and conviction of tax evasion, that may cost him the rest of his meager assets.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Define "deep state", not as metaphor, but as a perfect cooperation between federal, state and local governments in the cause of acting to benefit the citizenry they were elected to represent?

That would be a beneficial Deep State, no?

p.s. Deep State is a Turkish invention.

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

May be of interest to Republicans. The latest attempt was an effort to return to the old Constitution which granted the right to vote only to land-owners.
    If they had won, does the majority of Republicans who are NOT landowners realize that they would have forfeited the right to cast any vote. A clear case of if you win,
    YOU lose.........Whutttttt...........

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Fictional things you were told he did - especially by Trump himself, a skilled con man who has made a career of high level grifting.
    Trump did not do those things he said he was going to do.
    He also did not do the things he says he did, by and large.
    You blame a non-existent "deep state" (a very old US wingnut fantasy for why their heroes never get anything done like they promised - it has had many names. For a while it was Jewish or Zionist, then Communist,

That does you some small credit, actually - the very bottom level of fascist suckerdom doesn't know there's anything to blame on anyone. They think Trump actually did pull back from the various wars around Iran, build a significant length of Mexican border wall , stop the spread of Chinese virus by blocking travel from China, reduce the size of government and lower everyone's taxes, triumphantly avoid imminent war in negotiations with North Korea, win a trade battle with China, etc etc etc.
    But (as you have just discovered, and posted here) she didn't do anything - her "aggression" consisted of writing memos and the like, trying to talk other people into starting wars - or as in Syria, joining them. As Secretary of State, that was the limit of her warmaking power.
    You were claiming she started two wars - in the Iraq theater.
    QUOTE="Schmelzer, post: 3657655, member: 282758"]Most of this was weakening the global influence of the US, that means, it was IMHO quite positive.[/QUOTE]
    Again you celebrate the weakening of US diplomatic and economic influence (I finally figured out what you mean by "globalism" - it's your name for diplomacy and international trade).
    That leaves military and paramilitary violence and threat as the primary levers of US foreign policy. You prefer US politicians who - like Trump, a mainstream Republican in the mold of Reagan - rely on military threat and violence (and the extortion, bribery, contracting fraud, etc, they make possible). Your claim to abhor war most of all then becomes another one of those rightwing authoritarian propaganda oddities, about which the same old question pops up yet again:

Are they lying, or are they stupid?

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Trump wants the vaccines named after him "Trump Covid vaccine" based on the claim that he financed its development.
    https://www.oann.com/president-trump-touts-vaccine-development-during-white-house-vaccine-summit/

The reality is that Trump promised purchase of a vaccine, but did not invest a penny of private or federal funds into its development.
    There are now some 30,000 lies committed by Trump on public record in the past ~5 years.
    This is not a trivial record!

19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And Europe did not?

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Then Democrats !

21. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Well, Europe got what it got. Not like they had a lot of options to being wedged between superpowers with missiles pointed over their heads from both directions. But American business did some very profitable business, which is what really matters.

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

After they invested the equivalent of some 130 billion dollars in economic aid.

23. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

This would be some utopia, misnamed. The deep state is certainly not a Turkish invention, at best naming this structure "deep state" may be a Turkish invention. The reality of the deep state is essentially every rule which does not follow the law. The classical example would be the monarchy where the king does not rule, but some guy unknown to the public de facto rules, but officially it looks like the king rules. A famous example being Rasputin. Sometimes such hidden structures appear almost out of necessity, given that the official structures are badly designed and do not work appropriately, so one has to rule in a different way simply out of necessity. More often this is the result of power fights. So the real decisions have to be made in some unofficial backrooms, and the official structures only formally accept those decisions. A standard example would be the parliaments in communist "peoples democracies". Officially they rule, in reality the communist party rules. And in those parties, the real ruler was named a "secretary" - which was, initially, nothing, but this was the position of Stalin, which he has used to gain all the power.

In a democracy, it is quite common that the official institutions don't work as they should and that the real decisions are made by some hidden structures. This guarantees, for example, that there is some continuity in foreign policy and so on.

No, I liked the real things he did. Starting with going out of TPP. Now the other participants have started their own version of it without the US (and, correspondingly, without the special rights for US firms the US wanted to reach), and China is thinking of joining (while the original intention was to construct something excluding China). A real thing with real consequences, namely a useful structure for the multipolar world. Or, while the deep state succeeded stopping Trump from leaving Syria completely, the US has left the most important Kurdish parts in the North, and now Assad's forces and the Russians control these parts. And Trump has really stopped some CIA payments for terrorists, which is known because some groups no longer paid have switched sides and openly said why. The deep state has succeeded here too, the US continues to pay the IS fighters which control a big refugee camp near Al Tanf. I know about this because I know something about what happened on the ground. Including Russian correspondents observing, together with Russian soldiers, a former US base left by US soldiers because Trump has given the command to leave.
    LOL. Learn to read, then you will find out that she succeeded with her aim to escalate - the start as well as the serious escalation happened before her tenure.
    Nice try. As explained, US diplomacy is no diplomacy in the usual, classical meaning of the word. And globalism does not mean international trade, it means controlling and setting the rules for international trade as well as everything else, like justifying regime changes, "humanitarian" interventions, destruction of the sovereignty of states, sanctions as means to penalize governments if they don't follow the orders and so on. And the globalists do everything possible to prevent international trade if they cannot control it - the point of the globalist project TPP was to prevent China from joining, they do everything to prevent the Chines Silk Road and Russian pipelines.
    No. As military, as paramilitary violence are also part of what the globalists want to do and do whenever possible. The multipolar world I would like to see will not tolerate such things.
    No. I have seen more of this under Obama rule than under Trump. And I'm afraid to see more of this during the next four years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.