The universe is a mathematical construct

Would three quarters of the way to infinity be safe? I understand some people measure distances in the time it takes to smoke a certain number of cigarettes, that is, something like, that's a four cigarette hike.
Being a non-smoker, I prefer to use sandwiches to judge a distance. long trips require a big hamper. Very long trips can be measured in hampers rather than individual sandwiches.
And you know this because??

there is three quarters toa true infinity, it is possible that it is split into before, and after. I know this because I haves spent my whole life identifying what faith is...

In actual fact, we still do not have conclusive evidence one way or the other, about whether the universe is finite or infinite.
All we know is that it is outstandingly BIG! or as I like saying, near infinite in extent and content.

If the universe begat what was it doing all that time before anything was here. Can time possibly be condensed into a total density?

So if I asked around I would find No Astronomer that would say and prove that the Moon does not stay still for three days at a certain point in the Moons Orbit .
I really don't give a fuck what you do river. The Moon does not stay still for three days....bye

river said:
So if I asked around I would find No Astronomer that would say and prove that the Moon does not stay still for three days at a certain point in the Moons Orbit .

I really don't give a fuck what you do river. The Moon does not stay still for three days....bye

For something you don't give a fuck about , you sure are pissed off .

Did you know that the Moon does not move for three days at some point in its Orbit ? For Three Days the Moon does not move , for three days . Why ?
You are way off topic, and wrong as well. Maybe start a new thread if you need an education.

there is three quarters toa true infinity, it is possible that it is split into before, and after. I know this because I haves spent my whole life identifying what faith is...

If the universe begat what was it doing all that time before anything was here. Can time possibly be condensed into a total density?
You're way off topic. Why not start your own dedicated religion thread, where you can share the results of your lifetime of faith studies?

So James R , is the Universe a Mathematical Construct ?

Yes or No

No . Because Mathematics in and of its self can not create a real physical thing .

Last edited:
Johann Gottlieb Fichte;

"I am convinced that philosophy can become a science only if it is generated from one single principle, but that it must then become just as self-evident as geometry."

The system which Fichte subsequently published, Science of Knowledge, scraps the thing-in-itself.[6]

Johann Gottlieb Fichte;
"I am convinced that philosophy can become a science only if it is generated from one single principle, but that it must then become just as self-evident as geometry."
Therefore , your point , go on .
Self-evident = Axiomatic

Axiom
An axiom, postulate or assumption is a statement that is taken to be true, to serve as a premise or starting point for further reasoning and arguments.
The word comes from the Greek axíōma (ἀξίωμα) 'that which is thought worthy or fit' or 'that which commends itself as evident.'[1][2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axiom
Geometry (from the Ancient Greek: γεωμετρία; geo- "earth", -metron "measurement") is, with arithmetic, one of the oldest branches of mathematics. It is concerned with properties of space that are related with distance, shape, size, and relative position of figures.[1] A mathematician who works in the field of geometry is called a geometer.
Until the 19th century, geometry was almost exclusively devoted to Euclidean geometry,[a] which includes the notions of point, line, plane, distance, angle, surface, and curve, as fundamental concepts.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry

Last edited:
Anyway ; the Universe is not a Mathematical construct because mathematics in and of its self can not create a real physical object . Of any kind .

Philosophy is as Self Evident as Geometry ( Philosophy = Understanding )
Not really. Actually it is the opposite. Philosophy is Inquiry and trying to gain Understanding. Some philosophies may be based on Axioms....
such as the philosophy of Mathematical Realism;

Mathematical realism,
like realism in general, holds that mathematical entities exist independently of the human mind. Thus humans do not invent mathematics, but rather discover it, and any other intelligent beings in the universe would presumably do the same. In this point of view, there is really one sort of mathematics that can be discovered; triangles, for example, are real entities, not the creations of the human mind.
Whereas philosophy holds:

Philosophy

(from Greek: φιλοσοφία, philosophia, 'love of wisdom')[1][2][3] is the study of general and fundamental questions, such as those about reason, existence, knowledge, values, mind, and language.[4][5] Such questions are often posed as problems[6][7] to be studied or resolved.
The term was probably coined by Pythagoras (c. 570 – c. 495 BCE). Philosophical methods include questioning, critical discussion, rational argument, and systematic presentation.
Historically, philosophy encompassed all bodies of knowledge and a practitioner was known as a philosopher.[10] From the time of Ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle to the 19th century, "natural philosophy" encompassed astronomy, medicine, and physics.[11] For example, Newton's 1687 Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy later became classified as a book of physics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

Last edited:

Philosophy is as Self Evident as Geometry ( Philosophy = Understanding )

Not really. Actually it is the opposite. It is Inquiry and trying to gain Understanding. Some philosophies may be based on Axioms....

Inquiry , Agreed . But ( Inquiry is not the opposite of understanding )

Anyway ; the Universe is not a Mathematical construct because mathematics in and of its self can not create a real physical object . Of any kind .
It does not need to, as long as creation and evolution happens in accordance to mathematical values and equations .

Thought was inevitable .
Not everything that exists thinks, but in a dynamic universe thought does evolve as is evident already in the lowly brainless slime mold, which can solve mazes, via mathematical principles.

Back